Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is WoW bad?

2»

Comments

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by croyal

well.....i dont see how you can say any MMO requires skill. the way i see it the only thing you need is knowlege and a few macros and you can be one of the best players, this doesnt only go for WoW but every MMO out there where the twitch factor is very limited and all there is, is numbers.

By mentioning skills I ment StarCraft in comparance to Warcraft 3, and what I found so specific about SWG was it's deep contents. So I did technically not say MMORPG's requires obcene amounts of skills to be good at.

Well, there are some that requires skills, and they all does require skills, yet very small but it differs from game to game, take Guild Wars, imagine if you could have that amazing combat system in a MMORPG.... then PvP would be something completely different and numbers would be left out for reaction ability and so much more Guild Wars requires.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• IzngulIzngul Member Posts: 6

Well, first of all I guess I have to admit that I'm quite the Blizzard fan myself, so you might be able to see that from my post. Anyways here goes.

I both agree and disagree with the people saying "WoW dies at 60", yah well first of all no it doesn't, cause there is still plenty to do, endgame instances, pvp etc. so in that way, lots of stuff to do, it might not be the most entertaining 100% of the time, but personally I don't find it that bad, actually I enjoy raiding most of the time. I believe, that most of the people posting "endgame sucks" bla bla is because you never made it into a guild capeable of doing endgame instances (no offense) or just doesn't feel like using the time it requires, and thats why you find the game rather boring after 60, since you don't have any epics, and thats why I agree a bit with you. Yes the game is boring if your a casual player, who is not raiding and only does what ever solo content the game contains after lvl 60. I believe the game will be pretty boring then, but I'd also think that is why tier 0.5 will be out in not that long.

Anyways, the endgame is just about raiding, they might add some more content later on, which will be more solo friendly, since a rather big majority requires it, and personally, I don't mind having something to do when not going on raids.

• JargoneciusJargonecius Member UncommonPosts: 39

Originally posted by Izngul

Well, first of all I guess I have to admit that I'm quite the Blizzard fan myself, so you might be able to see that from my post. Anyways here goes.
    I both agree and disagree with the people saying "WoW dies at 60", yah well first of all no it doesn't, cause there is still plenty to do, endgame instances, pvp etc. so in that way, lots of stuff to do, it might not be the most entertaining 100% of the time, but personally I don't find it that bad, actually I enjoy raiding most of the time. I believe, that most of the people posting "endgame sucks" bla bla is because you never made it into a guild capeable of doing endgame instances (no offense) or just doesn't feel like using the time it requires, and thats why you find the game rather boring after 60, since you don't have any epics, and thats why I agree a bit with you. Yes the game is boring if your a casual player, who is not raiding and only does what ever solo content the game contains after lvl 60. I believe the game will be pretty boring then, but I'd also think that is why tier 0.5 will be out in not that long.
    Anyways, the endgame is just about raiding, they might add some more content later on, which will be more solo friendly, since a rather big majority requires it, and personally, I don't mind having something to do when not going on raids.

I was going to be allowed into a raiding guild, but I did not want to leave my friend behind and two of my other friends just went ahead and joined. As such I will never trust them quite as much, and I will despise the guild with great intensity until they fade from memory since once they got their precious priest and warrior we were left to rot for months without even so much as a "Hi, just wanted to update you on what's happening..."

I played a Paladin, and I'll admit it, I was Retribution. I did however realize that my role on a raid would be to heal. Even in other situations where we'd be in a pinch I knew I had to heal. However my ideas on what items I would like were unpopular and made it hard for me to find a raiding guild. When Blizzard did itemization for Paladins where I just could not be refused for ("Class: Paladin" items.) they appear in a dungeon harder than BWL. I'd imagine Shadow Priests, Feral Druids, Balance Druids, and En Shamans are in the same boat even though every one of these specs listed has their own particular charm. A retribution Paladin can drop a bosses agility and strength by 15% with a talent. I've seen Feral druids with DPS higher than rogues in BWL. And Shadow Priests? Well... they melt faces.

All the aspects of endgame WoW require raiding to be successful, however with their talent system and the general closemindedness of your average player many people are left out because their spec is not raid friendly. This problem could be easily remedied by making non-raid content that requires an equal amount of work that results in items that would be able to compete with raiding items.

However it seems far too late for that as Naxrammas is coming in 1.11. Those of us who don't raid are expected to wait patiently, sitting on our hands until the expansion comes out where we finally get some epics and then we see items of legendary and artifact value coming from the Black Citadel.

"Your mom is my champion... just without the c... or the a... or the m... the p... the i... and now that you mention it, no, no n either."

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

play on PvP servers.. i garantee if u arnt a little sissy that cries when u die u will love competeing over terrotory :)

• sayuri2006sayuri2006 Member Posts: 161
    I recently wrote up a review on this game and since I haven't played any other MMORPGs, WOW is my only experience. But I am no longer going to continue my account, I feel I have achieved enough in the game now. From the beginning, it was fun but what started to get at me was the fact that it simply became boring. Like what so many others have mentioned, it is a big grind fest for most of the time. This is because soloing gives more exp than in a group. Ppl just tend to want to level up as fast as they can, unless they are after better gear which generally drops from grouping in an instance. I want ot play now a game that is fun and doesn't give me the feeling that I have to achieve anything but just have fun. The server trouble is just as bad, it took me ages to log on and I don't want to play a game that Blizzard thinks I should be playing at this time etc etc. WOW has been fun but it's time to pack my bags and move onto a better game, to my liking. I think if one is after a faily simple and fast paced action game with not much stategy with the combat system for their character, then go WOW all the way. If you like to wait for ages to get into the game and then to try and find a group, or if you have ALOT of free time, this is your game. Thx Blizzard, it's been good but I just wish, you came up with more more original content, and looked after the customer base; it's gotten too big, too fast!

• coldworriorcoldworrior Member Posts: 3

I agree to this that WOW just sucks because of its roleplaying and graphics the sound is ok but it could be better that is why there is a game called EQ2 for all u people that hate to play that dumb game WOW EQ2 is way way better.