Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an MMORPG.

ChallengeChallenge Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 36

Hello all,

I am looking for a good MMORPG to play.  I came from Star Wars Galaxies, and loved it, but had to quit because of poor customer service, and the glitches that every patch brought.

Now, I am currently looking for a new one to play.  I want it in a Fantasy era (though Sci-Fi is fine), and I want some PvP without having to go to different servers to PvP.  I want some RPing, and a good community with good customer support.  And I also want 3D graphics.  I know this is a lot fo ask for, and it's probably every gamers dream, but can you lead me to one that is closest to your opinions?

Thank you for your time.

Challenge Minus.

"Alas, the beginings of things!"

Comments

• QbicQbic Member UncommonPosts: 35

Hey mate,

well I don't have that much experience with MMORPG's but currently I am playing DAOC and Horizons.  I would not go for Horizons yet as they still have to many issues to solve.  Now don't get me wrong, I like the game and I certainly do not want to shoot it down like some others have done.

The game has potential to be a winner but it will take a few months before it is really worth your money.  Personally I just love DAOC.  I hate myself for not having started it sooner.  Now I know there will be people saying there is no PVP and that is true.  You have realm versus realm but it can be quite fun.  Now the community is just fabulous.  I am playing on EU servers and I heard the US servers are even much better.  In the next months there will be a few big releases (and delays as well no doubt) but if you want a fun game then go for Dark Age Of Camelot.  This is my personal opinion though and I am sure you are aware that tastes differ.  You asked an opinion and I gave you mine.

Game on mate.

Cheers,

Q.

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736

If i had a nickel for every time i saw one of these threads...

My advice to you is to look at the game list here on mmorpg.com and find one that sounds cool, research a whole bunch and pick one.  You'll probably get one that more fits YOUR playing style that way, instead of asking others what they like.  Yeah i know it will take longer, but its worth it as you'll be investing lots of time and money into the game you choose.

Good luck!

Erik.

• RavenStolRavenStol Member Posts: 20

Hmm yes I just posted one of these, I figured just wait unless your into a game until some improvements are made to the games out there now. Try to get into some betas, like city of heroes, dragon empires, eq2, and the new ultima. 2 months or so ain't bad anyway to wait.

"Dam Ewoks" (Fires Blaster)

• ChallengeChallenge Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 36
    I have been looking at the list for two months straight now, and I haven't found anything yet.  I'm thinking DAoC now, but I'm not sure.