Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Learning....

Just learning about Ultima X.

What is the general opinion of the game from what you all have read?  Can you equate the game model to a currently released game..    Is this a rewrite of the old Ultima?

Thanks,

Jake "TnLiP" Necessary

Thanks,

Jake "TnLiP" Necessary

Comments

• ArxonArxon Member UncommonPosts: 175

Best described as an online continuation of the original ultima serious. Takes some of the best systems in other games and tweaks them in ways that make completely unique, and groundbreaking methods of gameplay. Best thing I can say is check out their site and read up on the game. That should be all you need to be hooked.

"Can't... Sleep... The Carebears... Will get... Their way..."

• TnLiPTnLiP Member Posts: 2

Thanks.

Do you think the game will launch in the first quarter?

Are there any active news sites for this game?  Any other forums?

I would love to chat...

MSN: [email protected]

Thanks,

Jake "TnLiP" Necessary

Thanks,

Jake "TnLiP" Necessary

• Alden120Alden120 Member Posts: 69

I think is it quite possible for the game to be released in the 1st quarter of the upcoming year.

As it stands now, they've had a public demonstration. Here they let the public play the game and such ( there is a video on their website ). They also didnt have to make their own engine. So this cut down their time to create it. its been in the works for 1.5 years now. Beta is nearing as we speak.

I read a post about the beta including all the systems that were intended to be in the game, so i think the beta will have a short life span. They are going to beta the complete game, im sure there will be tweaking. They have internal testers as well.

I predict the game will be available around march month. or early april.

Originally posted by TnLiP
    Thanks.
    Do you think the game will launch in the first quarter?
    Are there any active news sites for this game?  Any other forums?
    I would love to chat...
    MSN: [email protected],Jake "TnLiP" Necessary

Yeah, my predictions would be about the same as Alden's. The most active Fansite for UXO that I've happened across with Numerous Dev Comments and Answers would be the UXOO forums.

http://uxoo.com/phpbb/index.php

Of course Stratics gets plenty of Dev support as well, and may even be more active than UXOO, just not my preference.

• atomicwebzatomicwebz Member Posts: 63

It will be hard for them to keep their launch date
    of 2/2004 especially when they haven't even started
    beta testing. We shall wait and see.

>>AtomicWebZ<<
    O--{========>
    RipperX.Com & Olympicnetworks.Com

>>AtomicWebZ<<
    O--{========>

They wont launch in febuary, that's just nonsense. More around march or april.

UXO:O Forums

Sharing Is Polite :)

• golembanegolembane Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I heard the release date for UXO is March 6th or something on those lines. Found this out while pre-ordering so I am sure that time could change again. I have seen games pushed back for 6 months before the were ever released. I guess it will be a have to watch and see thing.

• redtigerredtiger Member Posts: 124
    I think March is definitely a more realistic timeframe for release. I'm hoping (like the rest of us) for the beta to start soon and last awhile. I resolved to be more patient this year, but everytime someone posts something new about it and more screenshots get put up I get a little antsy. SO GET IT OUT ALREADY!!!....ok....deep breaths...

• flootieflootie Member Posts: 100
    I am sure that whenever they decide to release that I will be soon...since as many have pointed out the engine was already developed since they bought it, so its not like in a beta (such as Horizons per say where they were having to test the servers and engines) here they get to more focus on later states..so while i agree that March is more likely then Feb..I also don't think that we are looking at a super long Beta here anyways.

• mobettahmobettah Member Posts: 77
    Yeah, it is not like EA is reinventing the wheel here with UX:O, but with the new guild interfacing, and development of new races like the phota, not to mention the instanced dungeoning... March seems like a safe bet.  Have people signed up for this contest? sounds like there is nothing to loose...