Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New review... and nobody noticed!!

RipperjackAURipperjackAU Member Posts: 124
I just spotted a new review here...

...but nobody has appeared to take note.

My favourite read-between-the-lines moments were:

Q: What is the time frame that you are now working on? When can we expect beta?

James: “We don’t like giving out dates for release because it sets up expectations and to us releasing a great game is more important than hitting some predefined date.”

Q: On the reverse of that, what has caused the delays in moving this project forward and how were you able to overcome them?

James: “This is why I don’t give out dates because once you do it leads to a great deal of frustration, speculation, and concern from customers. We take the attitude that it is more important to have a great game than to release on an artificial time table.”

In other words, the game has been delayed, they are not sure how long it will take to get the game out the door, so we are taking the 3d Realms "When it's done" ( aka The Duke Nukem If-ever ) approach and not specify a release date. image

Comments

• sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

No, Ripperjack, it doesn't sound like the game has been delayed... although now people might think it has been because of people like you who say stupid unfounded crap like that.

Since you obviously can't retain interview information, I've made an easy to follow chronology of quotes pertaining to the beta release date.

|WarCry| interview, February 2005:
    Icarus is adopting a mentality similar to id's: the game will be released “when it's ready.”

|MMORPG.com| interview, April 2005:
    Can you give a tentative date for beta?
    "Nope... I wish we could be more precise, but we prefer to keep our heads down and when its ready we will announce it."

|MMORPG.com| interview, October 2005:
    "We really don’t like to give out times because they invariably set up expectations for customers. When the game is ready we will make an announcement. We are as excited as anyone about releasing the game but we want it to be right."

|MMOSITE| interview, December 2005:
    "Beta test has NOT been announced yet. When we're ready to start selection, we'll let the community know."

|Gamezone| interview, February 2006:
    "We don’t like giving out dates for release because it sets up expectations and to us releasing a great game is more important than hitting some predefined date."

It looks to me like they have ALWAYS, since day one, kept a mindset of "ready when its ready". Their reply to this interview is exactly what they have said to every interview before it. This philosophy is a respectable one, and will insure that the game is of maximum quality when it reaches us. Hell, beta will probably be more polished than a retail launch.

And don't you ever compare Fallen Earth to DNF. How dare you do that, in a forum full of fanboys? Are you asking for trouble?

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

• RipperjackAURipperjackAU Member Posts: 124

Originally posted by sinoth

And don't you ever compare Fallen Earth to DNF. How dare you do that, in a forum full of fanboys? Are you asking for trouble?

Ehh, when things get quiet I like to lob in the occasional hand grenade. image
  • StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

Man, even when game developers keep their mouth shut they get accused of delays that people make up in their head. Ya just can't win. ::::18::

Oh and great piece that, some exciting comments in there! ::::28::

• GrimCreepGrimCreep Member Posts: 121

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnedimage

Good call. I don't think I saw anything we havn't heard already in the "New Interveiw".

Lead with your face and role with the punches.

• fedesignfedesign Member Posts: 11

Just to clarify with regard to the delayed/not delayed thing as well as the deal about dates...Just remember, no date is real unless it's posted from this MMORPG account on this forum or else posted on our real website.  Nothing you've read in email, gleaned from interviews, etc. is real about release dates, beta dates or any other type of date.

I'm sorry for whatever confusion might have arisen for whatever reason but just remember, the only dates will come from this MMORPG account or from our website.  No other place is valid.

• GrimCreepGrimCreep Member Posts: 121

And then there was light.image

I think I speak with everyone when I say we're behind you all the way dispite all the misguided rumors.image

Lead with your face and role with the punches.