Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Questions!

I have a question about WoW. What race is best for the warrior class? I have played DAoC for some months, and i would like to know if WoW really is as good as almost veryone says or if i shud stick to DAoC image. And one final question. What is the total cost of making a guild in WoW?

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Hajen

I have a question about WoW. What race is best for the warrior class? I have played DAoC for some months, and i would like to know if WoW really is as good as almost veryone says or if i shud stick to DAoC image. And one final question. What is the total cost of making a guild in WoW?

One of the good things about WoW, the races are very balanced.

you can pick a Tauren for warstomp and 5% more hp. or an Orc for more resistance against stuns and you'll be able to handle axes better. your pick!

• r0hnr0hn Member Posts: 185

The best race for warrior, or any class, is the one you will enjoy looking at for hours and hours.  I took human as my warrior.  Lots of people play Nightelf race just because they are cool looking and ride cats as a mount.  Gnome warriors don't seem right to me, but that's an option.  Dwarfs have stone form which is nice for any class.

WoW is like DAOC II.  I think WoW is pretty good, and is alot less complicated then DAOC.  WoW has some depth, maybe not as much as DAOC, but crafting in WoW is way easier.  Leveling 1-60 in WoW and Leveling 1-50 in DAOC is about the same, DAOC maybe a bit quicker since the changes to it.  WoW has alot more to do on the way to 60.  Groups are much easier to find for PVE.  WoW is also solo friendly. 

I think of task dungeons in DAOC as quests in WoW.  The difference is, WoW quests take you all over the world almost like a guide, and DAOC task dungeons are the same thing over and over. 

A difference between between WoW and DAOC is, in DAOC everyone is in a great big hurry to get to level 50.  WoW I find I'm not in a big hurry to get to 60 and can enjoy the leveling trip along the way.

I have no idea the total costs on making a guild.  The only requirement I know of is it takes 8 total people to sign a guild charter.

• Undead, simple as it is, it is the best race for every class you cna play as an Undead, a tauren is realy good also, but the undead is by far the best race for everything.
  • kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Undead Shamans pwn my face

• CowinspaceCowinspace Member Posts: 671

Originally posted by kovah
    Undead Shamans pwn my face

Undead don't have shamans, and the OP only asked about warriors :P

Undead do have an edge (even over the hp boosted tauren). Especially in PvE (watching Undead cannibalise corpses for hp makes me green with envy)

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

:p Refer to the post above mine for my reasonings.

Yes, Undead are one of the better classes. Orc's stun resist and the Tauren War Stomp are nothing to overlook though. And Mulgore is by far the coolest starting zone, imo.

Now as far as Troll abilities, who could ask for a better ability than +5 to throwing weapons? Have you seen some of the Legendary throwing weapons? OMG they are badazz!

• HajenHajen Member Posts: 50
    ok guys thx for all the answers, only tho i dont think i wanna play horde, but now when i know undead rox ill think about itimage so, thx all :D
  • dunaduriumdunadurium Member Posts: 257

refer to my sig for my opinion...image

IMHO WOW was the biggest waste of my time in any MMO ever. It, for me at least, was a much bigger grind than any of the professed "grinding" games. I think this was so because everything seemed so easy to get and so I really didn't feel any achievement what-so-ever. PvP can give you that sense for a bit but it fades fast, and i guess you could just keep PvPing endlessly(which many people do)  but in the end there is no point to it. At that stage the game becomes like a FPS where all that matters is the moment and the achievement of killing other players over and over. To some this is fun, don't ask me how ? 

Again, just my two copper. 

~Dunadurium

"Silly rabbit, WoW's for kids"