Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age Of Camelot: Mythic Files Suit Against Microsoft

2»

Comments

• MunkiMunki Vancouver, BCMember CommonPosts: 2,128

this is just a publicity stunt by Mythic, Microsoft will win, I hate Microsoft, but this is just stupid, its like sueing that guy at work because his name is also Justin and it confuses people.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• quix0tequix0te Altamonte Springs, FLMember UncommonPosts: 126

If you think this is Mythic being petty, please polish up your reading skills (thats 'skeelz' for some of you) and re-read the part where they asked MS to change the name repeatedly before proceeding with legal action.  Given that MS has a history of making crap MMORPGs, I wouldnt want to be getting confused with their product either.  And if you are at all familiar with microsofts standard tactics, this was likely a calculated decision on their part.  As the lawsuit points out, Microsoft sued another developer for releasing an OS called 'Lindows'. And won.

That said, I think the odds are against Mythic myself.

Oh. And if you think the software with the Microsoft Logo is any indication of their 'genius' man are you in the dark.  They spent most of the 80's and 90's intimidating computer and software manufacturers to make sure that there was no competition for their products and that any competitors would sell to them cheaply.