Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have high hopes...I think

I dunno...I haven't followed this one to closely but if its based off of the Sid Mier designs it won't be a total loss.

The only negative I heard is one person to a ship? How the *** are they going to do that? If there are 300 players on a small server than the seas will look like NJ turnpike on monday at 900am (and thats going into the tunnel). ::::01:: They may as well change the name from Pirates: of the burning sea to Traffic: On My way to work.

The other thing is does anyone know how money system works, quests, customization. Can I have a neon green ship?

"Despite what they tell you the original RAY's is on 7th ave."

Comments

• snowblind901snowblind901 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by blucommunist

The only negative I heard is one person to a ship? How the *** are they going to do that? If there are 300 players on a small server than the seas will look like NJ turnpike on monday at 900am (and thats going into the tunnel). ::::01:: They may as well change the name from Pirates: of the burning sea to Traffic: On My way to work.

Although I see your dissapointment and felt the same way once to i see there point, take WWII online that has multi crewing 3 person to a tank. It's an unused feature and it would be the same for Potbs. They dont want to force players to find a group to crew there ship either they want someone to be able to jump on for half an hour have some fun then leave. Instead of spend 20 mins of it trying to get some gunners.

I don't think you have to worry about it being like that infamous turnpike you have in the US the game world is quite huge for example the map you see here: http://www.indianbay.net/ is the game world. With the navigation zone fog of war and other such features, it should not feel to crowded. I hope.

• litlnevlitlnev Member Posts: 3

Yea, I have high hopes for this game too. Graphics look good, best looking game in its class (of the pirate mmo's), battles more realistic with weather and a players skill affecting the outcome of battles...

As long as its fun to play Im definitely in.

• ThebirdThebird Member Posts: 9
    This gona be the best Carribean mmorpg that is made!!!imageimage

Freebird

• SargsaftSargsaft Member Posts: 29
    well it is going to be  a mmo so forget the rpg part for the moment.....
  • Matin61Matin61 Member Posts: 63

If you have played World War II On-Line, the multi-crew feature probably works best in ships and planes.  There really isn't that huge advantage to having a multi-crewed tank.

As for Pirates of the Burning Sea, what I have heard is that they want you to be the Captain of your ship.  In other words, not laying the match to the cannon, but directing where the cannon should be fired.

Captain John Matin
    Royal Red