Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cyperpunk / sci-fi mmorpg

hello all,

i am playing shadowrun pen-n-paper for over 8 years now, i am a big fan of neuromancer (C64, PC game and novels) and i am looking for a new mmorpg to play.

i beta-tested and played eve-online for 5 month, played UO years ago, beta-tested horizons, played AO, Neocron, E&B and they all bore me too fast, although i really liked eve.
but it seems most of the so-called cyberpunk games are more like multiplayer fps-games (at least thats what i think) without much content of roleplaying- and community feeling.

anyone got a suggestion which game i should try out, or does anyone know if microsoft (they own the rights for shadowrun-computer-games, i think) will ever develop a shadowrun game? or is there a real cyberpunk-game in development atm? or is anyone looking for a storywriter for such type of game? or do i have to get my ass up and start developing a game on my own finally?

any help is really appreciated... cheers, irnaii

{vita somnium breve}

Comments

• aint noone got an indea??
    c'mon guys n gals pls help me and discuss with me.

cheers, irnaii

{vita somnium breve}

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    Hey that was the thing The Matrix was ripped from right? damnit and no1 ever knew it, original movie idea my ass.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• Kriminal99Kriminal99 Member Posts: 377
    There is one out now, called neocron.  It was orginally really really good.  But with every patch since its release they have destroyed the game more and more.  At this point its really nothing more than a half decent single player experience.  Feel free to try it, it may keep you occupied for about a month. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PROBABILITY(YOUR STATEMENTS BEING MOTIVATED BY FEAR(I>U)) > .5

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

It's not out yet, but a lot of people are looking toward Face of Mankind as the next cyberpunk MMOG to really take off.  Check out the website at:  http://www.faceofmankind.com/

Originally posted by ParaTrooper
    Hey that was the thing The Matrix was ripped from right? damnit and no1 ever knew it, original movie idea my ass.

The Matrix wasn't completely a Neuromancer ripoff, but you can see a lot of the ideas were inspired by William Gibson and his seminal cyberpunk novel.  Not an easy read, but definitely worth the effort.  When you read the description of Molly, tell me you don't picture at least some version of Trinity.

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. (written on the SW:G CD)

A: 73% E: 73% S: 40% K: 13%

-----

Old timer.

• hmm, dont wanna get too offtopic into a neuromancer / matrix discussion, but i think matrix implemented some features by gibson, but its not a rip-off, read the book(s) its really, really awesome - and its pretty much different from matrix.
    but yes, molly and trinity look the same to me in my head :))

about FoMK - yeah, i know it will be some kind of cyberpunk mmo(rp)g, but still not quite neuromancer or even half of the stuff shadowrun offers you, as it seems right now.
    anyway, i applied for beta long time ago, and still hope they finally get it going this year.

{vita somnium breve}