Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have they added anything new?

TrandTrand Member UncommonPosts: 234

Afternoon,

Been kicking around the idea of activating my account again and I just have one question, have they added anything new? And not nerfs or buffs to classes have they added any new quests or zones? I left just after BG went live.

Thanx for the answers.

DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

Comments

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Yes, there are plent of new dungeons, a new Battlegrounds, a new Dragon Hunting thing (i'm not sure how it works, but you get pretty good items for killing these dragons) and some new item sets, etc.

There are no new races, professions or classes. These are planned for the expansion pack :)

Oh yeha, and hunters are way good now, unlike before BGs
    druids are decent now
    paladins are alot better
    warriors are alot stronger too

so yeah thats pretty much it

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

Originally posted by gargantroo
    Yes, there are plent of new dungeons, a new Battlegrounds, a new Dragon Hunting thing (i'm not sure how it works, but you get pretty good items for killing these dragons) and some new item sets, etc.There are no new races, professions or classes. These are planned for the expansion pack :)Oh yeha, and hunters are way good now, unlike before BGs
    druids are decent now
    paladins are alot better
    warriors are alot stronger tooso yeah thats pretty much it

You forgot:

- Warlocks are gods now. Death coil is damage, instant 4 second, unbreakable fear.

- Two new dungeons. Blackwing Lair and Ahn'qiraj. Blackwing Lair is the dungeon in which you confront Nefarion in hopes of destroying the Black Dragonflight. Ahn'Qiraj, the newest one, has required a worldwide event in which both factions must gather resources for a war against the Qiraji. So far, only about 10 servers have opened the gates of Ahn'qiraj to fight the Qiraji. Both are 40-man instances.

- Every major city now has an auction house.

- The tier 2 sets got a new look.

- A lot more factions to gain reputation with for items.

- 4 new outdoor raid bosses.

Almost forgot another dungeon. Zul'Gurub. A 20-man raid in STV that has high quality blues and an array of nice epics as well.

So, yeah. Come back and join us. And if you're Alliance, try re-rolling Horde to experience the other side of the fence.

Hope to see you there ::::28::

• AshkaelAshkael Member Posts: 166

A few things to add:

Ahn'Qiraj has a 20 man section as well as 40 man.

Zul'Gurub is supposed to be tougher than UBRS, but not as hard as MC. this is not true.

AQ 20 man is supposed to be the next step up above MC, with a focus on nature resist gear as opposed to fire.

Blackwing Lair is harder than MC and AQ 20 man

AQ 40 man is the hardest dungeon in the game, and ends with a fight against one of the Old Gods.

In the next patch, the priests get a total talent revision, and weather effects are finally being added.

Also, there are more than 4 outdoor raid bosses. Lord Kazzak in the Blasted Lands and Azuregos in Azshara were the first two, and then there were four corrupted green dragons added at the four gates to the Emerald Dream.

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Not only have they added alot. They will add some really cool stuff after 1.10. Like above poster said 1.10 will bring priest talent revision, new casual epic gear and weather effects ::::28::

So far this is what is know about 1.11.

Looking further into the future, here are some of our major goals for 2006:
    # In patch 1.11: Naxxramas! – the massive necropolis floating above Stratholme, home to Kel’Thuzad
    # More content tailored for casual level 60 players
    # Greater focus on outdoor PvP
    # Talent improvements for the remaining classes; Shaman, Rogue and Mage
    # More world events and holidays
    # Fee-based character transfers
    # Improved forums and web sites, including more interactive content such as the PvP Honor rankings and the Ahn’Qiraj War Effort pages

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/implemented/index.html

Here you see the big changes that where added.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

Here you see big changes that are coming.