Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RPing in LOTRO/race and class

This could be a realy good RPing game....seeing that not very many mmo's go real deep in RP, and more into pvp.....I think that this game is going to attract a lot of RPers. What do you think?==========================================================

What race and classes are you guys thinking about being? I'm definitely gonna be a hobbit minstrel

===========================================================

P.S

Sorry didnt want to make 2 threadsimage

Comments

• WhitewalkerWhitewalker Member Posts: 86
    I agree...LOTRO will attract a very strong RP base of players...if the developers succeed in what they are promising it will prove to be very successful and enjoyable experience for the players.
  • MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

I do really hope so. I love to RP, plus it seems like that they will create a REALLY great PvE system, which im really looking forward to.

- Thinking of Elf, though that im going to be a hunter. then Elf hunter :)

- Otherwise im going to be a Human Captain - can't really makemmy mind up about those 2 /:

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982

RPing? Please. If you want to RP, go to ElendorMUSH. *That* is a place designed for RP. If you play MMOs and think you're RPing, you're just confused as to what RP is about.

• Kud-DukanKud-Dukan Member Posts: 34

It is called an MMORPG for a reason.  Sadly, most games have forgotten about the RP aspect.

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982

The RP in MMORPG involves simply the fact that you are playing a character. It has nothing to do with actually *acting* as such a character would act. I have yet to see a single so-called MMORPG actually focus on, or display, a high level of what I would consider role-play.

Today's MMORPGs derive from old school MUDs, and they never were about RP at all. They were hack-n-slash, just like today's graphical MUDs. I don't have a problem with that, I just don't fool myself into thinking that such games have anything to do with a serious RP environment.

• MMO_MunkMMO_Munk Member Posts: 299

well its either RP in this game or do nothign at all.