Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game sux

achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

i hate this game

it suximage

Comments

• suffolkmagicsuffolkmagic Member Posts: 3

i bought this game with high expentations. I was disappointed. The graphics were good, but game play was less then par

• AkibanaAkibana Member Posts: 107

Hmmmm. Good point. I c it is completely justified as well. Congratulations on showing how immature u r. This post has nothing to show and it is completely pointless. I think it should be closed.

For the record,this is the last time I answer any such post. If ppl r not willing to come into these forums and discuss anything about FFXI in a serious and mature manner then it isn't worth reading them.

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Originally posted by Akibana

Hmmmm. Good point. I c it is completely justified as well. Congratulations on showing how immature u r. This post has nothing to show and it is completely pointless. I think it should be closed.
    For the record,this is the last time I answer any such post. If ppl r not willing to come into these forums and discuss anything about FFXI in a serious and mature manner then it isn't worth reading them.

I dont understand why anyone is still surprised by this game being horrible, this is only like the thousandth FFXI sucks post.  If you cant research a game first then its your own fault, and yes it does suck.

-----------------Censored------------------

• Alexis598Alexis598 Member Posts: 111
    Why waste time posting in a forum about a game you don't like?

• Sephiroth9Sephiroth9 Member Posts: 127
    Well, the point of this topic is to inform people that the game they play, and have decided they like, in this original poster's opinion, sucks.  Now what that accomplishes, I don't know. Well, it does put immaturity on display. Honestly, what is the point?  I'm pretty sure this game didn't just have a bunch of people leave the game because they read this topic. Oh well, i guess the war on immature trolls continues....

Originally posted by Sephiroth9 
    I'm pretty sure this game didn't just have a bunch of people leave the game because they read this topic. Oh well, i guess the war on immature trolls continues....

No but all of them together may, and it certainly would make ppl think twice before purchasing it.  Wish I would have seen all the posts like this before hand.  Since I bought it when it went retail there wasnt much info.

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

I'm pretty sure this game didn't just have a bunch of people leave the game because they read this topic.

No, we left because we figured out that it sucked on our own, lol.

Originally posted by ghostinfinit

I'm pretty sure this game didn't just have a bunch of people leave the game because they read this topic.

It doesn't suck, you're just tired of it.

Originally posted by Alexis598

Same difference, I was tired of it after 1 month, mainly because it sucks hard.

• HansukeHansuke Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by ramadin
    Originally posted by Sephiroth9 I'm pretty sure this game didn't just have a bunch of people leave the game because they read this topic. No, we left because we figured out that it sucked on our own, lol.It doesn't suck, you're just tired of it.Same difference, I was tired of it after 1 month, mainly because it sucks hard.

World of Warcraft sucks because you get ganked by Honor Farmers even though you aren't even worth any honor to them. So my oppinion is that WoW sucks and I have stopped playing it, and your oppinion is that FFXI sucks due to some reason.

Peace now, Ok?

Originally posted by Hansuke

Originally posted by Sephiroth9 I'm pretty sure this game didn't just have a bunch of people leave the game because they read this topic.
    Same difference, I was tired of it after 1 month, mainly because it sucks hard.

World of Warcraft sucks because you get ganked by Honor Farmers even though you aren't even worth any honor to them. So my oppinion is that WoW sucks and I have stopped playing it, and your oppinion is that FFXI sucks due to some reason.

Peace now, Ok?

Then thats your fault for playing PvP.

Originally posted by Hansuke Originally posted by ramadinOriginally posted by Alexis598
    Originally posted by Sephiroth9 I'm pretty sure this game didn't just have a bunch of people leave the game because they read this topic.
    Same difference, I was tired of it after 1 month, mainly because it sucks hard.World of Warcraft sucks because you get ganked by Honor Farmers even though you aren't even worth any honor to them. So my oppinion is that WoW sucks and I have stopped playing it, and your oppinion is that FFXI sucks due to some reason.
    Peace now, Ok?Then thats your fault for playing PvP.

So your saying that it's my fault to accidently get PvP tagged and then zerced?
    You can be PvP tagged on any kind of server, even a PvE one. Don't be so quick to judge with that rule.

Myself, played RP server. More likely RPPVP server.
    The problem with people with WoW is that they don't think behind the character who plays, they only view a character as "oh, he is worth that much honor to me".
    And what about Corpsecampers as well?

Also, on PvE servers you'll have to drag with the leetos who has a 100% goal of using DKP to victory, on PvP servers it's the same except they can also be focused on PvP instead and on RP servers it's both.
    Basically, that's what have completly made me hating this game, it's only about Epics, not about the fun of it.

Example is the Server Events, Blizzard puts the goblins to sleep and then gankfests starts at Booty Bay.
    Real fun for a lv 20 to come to BB to watch the fireworks when a Lv ?? Tauren Rank 13 Warrior comes.
    Darkmoon Faire is suppose to be an neutral area, but you get ganked over and over and over again.

Well, that's some reasons why I hate WoW.

What's your reason to hate FFXI?

Well then its your fault for playing a PvP oriented game.  Ive listed the reason ffxi is not a good game many times.  Worst UI of any game I have ever seen.  Dorky looking char mods, not to mention lack of customization.  Lack of mob varieties, I mean come on, you seen 1 goblin, worm, etc youve seen em all.  Lack of variety of armor and weapons, everywhere I went there was 10 other ppl that looked exaclty the same.  Really annoying. I could go on but its not worth it.

Well then its your fault for playing a PvP oriented game. Ive listed the reason ffxi is not a good game many times. Worst UI of any game I have ever seen. Dorky looking char mods, not to mention lack of customization. Lack of mob varieties, I mean come on, you seen 1 goblin, worm, etc youve seen em all. Lack of variety of armor and weapons, everywhere I went there was 10 other ppl that looked exaclty the same. Really annoying. I could go on but its not worth it.

I see your point, but then again:
    The lack of armor isn't a problem.
    If your comparing to the old Final Fantasy games, the characters always wore their job-outfits.
    Take for example FF5 to Snes, I think that's easiest to compare to since it has all the Jobs to select from that you can be in FFXI.

I don't find the UI any bad, I find it quiet good actually.
    Only controlls that I find hard to remember.

Lack of Mobs?
    In WoW it's basically the same except they can come in bigger sizes and have nastier attacks.
    Eg. Wolf Northshire vs Rabid Wolf.
    Not to mention that ALL mobs in WoW can hit with Dazed effect as well.
    All MMORPG games have some mobs that they just change a little bit with.
    I do belive that your just drawing all the most common mobs over one line over the more uncommon ones.

For example, in WoW you can meet the s.c. "Rarespawns".
    In Anarchy Online, you could also meet "Rarespawns", but you were more likely to meet them in an building instance mission.
    In FFXI, I don't know, are there any rarespawns?

The fact is, a Rarespawn is mostly an original unit somewhat enhanced.
    And we most know that MMORPG continans a variety of Mobs... Of the same sort but diffrent size, name, color and stats ;)

• Sephiroth9Sephiroth9 Member Posts: 127

sooo uh...about ffxi sucking...

im not sayin it sucks just pointin out how off topic this got...please dont flame

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794

Right... Anyway.. If you don't like FF games. Then yeah you're going to hate this game. The only think I don't like thus far of this game is the billions of Sephiroth's in the game.. its kinda funny, but gets annoying after a wile. Its like oh hey sephiroth #39428520. I'm more for FF6 anyway. Kefka>Sephiroth.

The game interface is just like any FF option/interface. Which is good. The thing is its all group based... Like every FF game. So don't expect to go and solo the entire game cause it doesn't nor should it work like that in a FF game. The crafting system is brutal, but can also be rewarding. Personally I don't like the idea of this being FFXI... Cause there isn't as much of a story as the other FFs have. Now if it was a spin off like say FF:Tactic (But just call it FF:online) I'd totally like the game better.

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

Originally posted by Kyoruto

Right... Anyway.. If you don't like FF games. Then yeah you're going to hate this game. The only think I don't like thus far of this game is the billions of Sephiroth's in the game.. its kinda funny, but gets annoying after a wile. Its like oh hey sephiroth #39428520. I'm more for FF6 anyway. Kefka>Sephiroth.
    The game interface is just like any FF option/interface. Which is good. The thing is its all group based... Like every FF game. So don't expect to go and solo the entire game cause it doesn't nor should it work like that in a FF game. The crafting system is brutal, but can also be rewarding. Personally I don't like the idea of this being FFXI... Cause there isn't as much of a story as the other FFs have. Now if it was a spin off like say FF:Tactic (But just call it FF:online) I'd totally like the game better.

I kno wwhat you mean. Also you can see 10000's of Clouds all with different names like, Clode, Claud, Claoude, Cloouuddee, they get on my nerves >.< also about not numbering it I'm with ya too because come on it's a spin-off and spin-offs are not numebered! Oh well. I still like it.

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

For example, in WoW you can meet the s.c. "Rarespawns".
    In Anarchy Online, you could also meet "Rarespawns", but you were more likely to meet them in an building instance mission.
    In FFXI, I don't know, are there any rarespawns?

The fact is, a Rarespawn is mostly an original unit somewhat enhanced.
    And we most know that MMORPG continans a variety of Mobs... Of the same sort but diffrent size, name, color and stats ;)

They have "rare spawns" in FFXI, they're called "Notorius Monsters" aka NM's and then the even harder variety called HNM's.  Typically NM's and HNM's have the best items in the game to pimp your toon out.  Anything not rare/ex (means you can't buy or sell it) are camped by a flood of gamers, linkshells and worst of all gilsellers.  In many cases the spawn times aren't too hard to gauge if you know the mob's TOS or TOD (time of spawn and time of death respectively) 
  • bedollahitebedollahite Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by achellis

i hate this game
    it suximage

your finally figuring this out now

• SicxSicx Member Posts: 2
    MOG no way! im so gona quit now.......what a waist of space
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

/agree

Quit on 2nd day after release. Horrible GUI, boring everything, way to much downtime for everything, millions of crab monsters.

• SkeepzSkeepz Member Posts: 4

I love this game it was so fun i got all the way to 56

• MykisMykis Member UncommonPosts: 20

LOL, well the majority here agree this game suxx. IMHO a very mature succinct review.

• VyavaVyava Member Posts: 893

Originally posted by Nihilist
    /agreeQuit on 2nd day after release. Horrible GUI, boring everything, way to much downtime for everything, millions of crab monsters.

I sense some exageration in there somewhere. I left around CoP release and played DAoC, WoW, EvE, EQ2, CoH, and MxO. I own't say that FFXI has the best gui of all those, infact i prefer EvE's in many ways, but you ever try finding a spell on your spell lists on FFXI versus WoW?

Boring everything. Well this is opinion striaght up so if you were bored I can't argue with that. However I found WoW to be an endless grind of kill quests which I don't find fun. Yes, XPing in FFXI as a PT is slower paced than WoW, but a good PT can go pretty much non stop while having fun frivilous converstaions at the same time. And as you get higher and higher lvl you do more and more quests (not even your own necessarily, but helping ppl) and get stories that games like WoW are lacking...DAoC was the only MMO in recent history I have played with a good chunk of story behind it.

"Millions of crabs" hate to burst your bubble but almost all games are like this. Same monster different colour or a different weapon. It would just take to long to create unique mobs for every zone. Also the leveling areas on various FAQs are not the only places to be in any given level range. Heck those areas may have ideal level range monsters, but if it is crowded the XP may be lower.

<---->
    I classify FFXI as a prepatory game. You plan ahead (skill chains etc) and carry out your plan. You have to watch your aggro gain if you area a DD for fuidama etc.

Most other MMOs are reactionary, in WoW you don't plan ahead you go half on instinct. YOur DD pulls hate then things like taunt from wow instatnly make you a target on the hate list to regain aggro.

I think that is what recreates such a large divide over FFXI, not the content as much as overall prep vs react playstyle.

• CooperchrisCooperchris Member Posts: 3

This game doesnt suck at all, far from it! I love this game! It has magic, action, fantasy, the list is endless. The only problems i have with it, is the subscription fee and leveling up. This game is designed for people with patience, its hard to level up. Obviosly your too childish to, and need to grow up.
    Its your opinion, but i think your wrong and have no right to come in here saying that!