Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login Timeout?

ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

I had just finished writing a relativly large post on the forums, but it didnt acctually post.
The problem seems to have been that having logged in, i was somehow logged out(just a time issue?) happened b4 so i did a copy n paste so nuttin lost.... not really a bug but something i think should be changed.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
-----------------------------------------
ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

This can be caused by 2 things:

a)  Your post took longer than 30 minutes (session timeout)

b)  The server crashed during your post.  I am still tracking down many memory locking issues in the site code that seem to be causing the server to crash 6-10 times per day.  If the server restarts, all sessions are lost.

You can fix problem "A" just by using the preview feature every few minutes.  This request will reset the session timer back to 30 minutes.

To fix problem "B" you might just copy/paste your post somewhere safe (like Notepad) before posting for really long posts. 

I am hoping to modify the forums soon to work around this issue.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    thanx, it probably was just the post taking more than 30mins to type.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

That happens to me all the time because I am a slow and easily distracted writer...

Oooh! Shiny! Pretty shiny thing!

... 20 minutes later...

I usually select my entire post and "copy", so that if I time out, I can just log in again and post it right away.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Just wanted to post that I have finally fixed this one.  There is now a small IFRAME for the mail indicator (upper right).  This frame auto-refreshes every 3 minutes...giving you a session update as well as a more "real-time" status on your mailbox image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.