Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The loudest voice is the most negative!

As with most forums like this one (and support), a majority of posts will always be negative.

As the majority of the people that continue to post and tell people what they don't like usually have time to do so cause they are not busy playing the game they are complaining about.

While 99% of the other gamers out there wont go through these forums and consistently list praise as much as the gamers that are dissatisfied with the product.

When you see tons of posts like "Wow sucks" "Guild wars sucks" "Eq2 sucks" "PVP sucks in all these games.. "

What ever it may be.. when you see those you must realize that for every one negative poster.. there are hudreds of happy gamers that are too busy playing a game they love, rather than posting on these forums.

Now.. having said that.

WOW SUCKS!

ok done..

PS: J/K about the Wow sucking thing. I happen to think it is a fun casual game ;)

Comments

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434

Originally posted by Razorback

Not as much as your artwork ;)

• YaishaYaisha Member Posts: 117

Actually, the artist that draws those does some really neat stuff, someone just put a crappy text bubble on it. It's pretty popular, hehe http://www.explodingdog.com

(sorry for hijacking thread::::08::)

• PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434

Originally posted by Yaisha

Actually, the artist that draws those does some really neat stuff, someone just put a crappy text bubble on it. It's pretty popular, hehe http://www.explodingdog.com

(sorry for hijacking thread::::08::)

Wow amazing.

::::04::

lol

• ScottElwoodScottElwood Member Posts: 202

"Shall we judge a country by the minority, or by the majority? By the minority, surely."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

---------------------------------------------------
    | www.40ksource.net - 40k MMO fansite

• OSYYRUSOSYYRUS Member Posts: 285

I would agree with one exception. SWG. Currently every SWGer old enough to spell is ranting on all the boards about how much it sucks, and they are right.

SWG SUCKS!  image

The Millenium Lee

• lsutiglsutig Member UncommonPosts: 92

what you are seeing with WoW is the usual backlash to anything that is successful.

for all the EQ love you see now there was 10 times as much anti-eq hate back in its hayday. people calling for less dowtime and less teduim and more fun factor. now that wow is the big boy you get the wow hate with people calling for a more "difficult" game.

if Vanguard is anywhere near as successful as WoW or EQ you will see the swing back towards the so called "easier" gameplay. the anti-Vanguard post will fill the boards with all the flaws each individual person who believes their opinion is fact.

you see it in sports with the dominate teams, you see it throughout history with the "super power" nations. if America falls and China takes over as "the" super power the anti-americanism will turn to anti-chinaism.

unfortunatly you wont find many reasonable mature discussions here on the merits and negatives about games because of this.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

Originally posted by Pangaea
    As with most forums like this one (and support), a majority of posts will always be negative.As the majority of the people that continue to post and tell people what they don't like usually have time to do so cause they are not busy playing the game they are complaining about.
    While 99% of the other gamers out there wont go through these forums and consistently list praise as much as the gamers that are dissatisfied with the product.When you see tons of posts like "Wow sucks" "Guild wars sucks" "Eq2 sucks" "PVP sucks in all these games.. "What ever it may be.. when you see those you must realize that for every one negative poster.. there are hudreds of happy gamers that are too busy playing a game they love, rather than posting on these forums.
    Now.. having said that.WOW SUCKS!
    ok done..
    PS: J/K about the Wow sucking thing. I happen to think it is a fun casual game ;)

You can't make a negative post about people who make negative posts... Well, I guess you can -but it is a little ironic. And those games do suck... the PvP sucks too. Those people that enjoy it are just lying to themselves. They hate it and they should spend that time trolling the forums.

Oh, and it's not that everyone else is off enjoying the game. You can complain about the games you love. In fact, that's really the only games you complain about. I loved SWG. If I'm on here, I'm usually looking in those forums. That's what brought me to the forums. Even in the 'golden age' everyone complained how their profession wasn't as powerful as someone else's, etc (not that it didn't have it's problems).

I played EQ2 for about three weeks. Didn't really care either way about that game and so I don't ever really talk about it. I played WoW and hated it. I talk about why every once and awhile but for the most part I have no reason to talk about the game. I don't care about the game, I'm not playing the game and I don't know anyone playing the game at the moment. The majority of complaints (I'm just making this up, but it could be true) are from people who want something small fixed or people who just hate fans of a different game for one reason or another. Ex: I hate EVE fans because most of them won't shut up about it. Well, anyway, no sane person wants to spend all their time talking about a game they didn't like. It sounds like we're complaining, but we're just gamers in a forum. Can't take it too seriously.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I think its still amazing by what excuses people come up with for the succes of WoW.

"only newbies play it! and they don't know any better" my favourite. I'm willing to bet with everyone who says this that 50% of the WoW players has played another MMO.

"its only because of Blizzard and Warcraft!" oh, you mean like Sony and Star Wars? OR Squareenix and Final Fantasy? Sony and The Matrix? all big names, yet none as populair as WoW.

I wish people would just admid some games are good, they just have a diffrent taste then others.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

I usually have to sift through miles of fanboi propaganda to get to the real nitty gritty truth about a game.  If somebody would have properly explained the lameness of real time skill leveling in Eve Online I never would have bought it in the first place.  If I would have listened to the revieweres of WoW when they said, "Its just a slightly tweaked everquest clone," I wouldnt have bought it in the first place.

Its all there is out there, eveerquest clones.  Were not complaining for the hell of it, were complaining because we KNOW it can be done much better.  If the automobile industry ran like the MMO industry we'd all still be driving Model-T Fords.  We are STUNNED there are all these companies:

imageAsheron's Call
    imageAsheron's Call 2
    imageCity of Heroes
    imageDark Age of Camelot
    imageEVE Online
    imageEverquest
    imageEverquest II
    imageFinal Fantasy XI
    imageGuild Wars
    imageHorizons
    imageKnight Online
    imageLineage II
    imageMapleStory
    imageThe Matrix Online
    imageNeocron
    imagePlanetside
    imageRagnarok Online
    imageRYL: Path of the Emperor
    imageSecond Life
    imageShadowbane
    imageStar Wars Galaxies
    imageThe Saga of Ryzom
    imageUltima Online
    imageWorld of Warcraft
    imageWorld War II Online
    imageMU Online
    Games in Development
    imageAge of Conan
    imageAtriarch
    imageAuto Assault
    imageThe Chronicle
    imageThe Chronicles of Spellborn
    imageDark and Light
    imageDarkfall
    imageD&D Online
    imageFace of Mankind
    imageFallen Earth
    imageFreeworld
    imageGods and Heroes
    imageHero's Journey
    imageLord of the Rings Online
    imagePirates of the Burning Sea
    imageReclamation
    imageRoma Victor
    imageRF Online
    imageStar Trek Online
    imageTabula Rasa
    imageVanguard: Saga of Heroes
    imageWAR (Warhammer Online

Putting out essentially the same everquest clones.  What the freaking hell is going on here?

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

everyone has different opinions. But yeah theres a general preference to post negative stuff more than positive stuff. People don't seem to like posting positive stuff on not just mmorpgs, but even on ingame issues. You look at the WoW forums about 90% are complaining.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

Originally posted by nomadian

everyone has different opinions. But yeah theres a general preference to post negative stuff more than positive stuff. People don't seem to like posting positive stuff on not just mmorpgs, but even on ingame issues. You look at the WoW forums about 90% are complaining.

"Hey great game, BUTT...."

^^^Its a little redundant, the BUTT phrase.^^^^