Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of cheats

Blue3000Blue3000 Member Posts: 238

This person was annoucing to take players to Yaks Bend and the Courthouse.  The price was 400 gold which I thought to be expensive but I did it anyway. 

She sends me a private message to pay the 400 gold and opens the trade window so I paid it.  But she didn't leave instead opted to wait for a while.  I got tired of waiting and told her so.  She then said to tip her more gold and she'd leave right away.  I said no as I had already paid 400 for the trip.

After a while of waiting I said I wanted a refund as I wasn't going to keep waiting for her.  She then said I had not paid her.  I couldn't believe this greedy person was saying I hadn't paid her.

Anyway, I quit the group and let her have the 400 gold.  This person is greedy and dosen't seserve for anyone to trust her.  Her name is Ulka Bucka.  Remember the name so you don't fall prey to her greediness.

I know I shouldn't of paid up front but I didn't think anyone would be so greedy and petty.

Comments

• lChaosllChaosl Member Posts: 40
    Well when you say your going to run people, you get a full group. If its a partial group it generally costs more for the group. That was the extra tip. I think it was just a misconception on your part on how most people run.
  • achellisachellis Member Posts: 542
    every MMORPG has hacks and scams

• KazanukariKazanukari Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by Blue3000
    This person was annoucing to take players to Yaks Bend and the Courthouse. The price was 400 gold which I thought to be expensive but I did it anyway.
    She sends me a private message to pay the 400 gold and opens the trade window so I paid it. But she didn't leave instead opted to wait for a while. I got tired of waiting and told her so. She then said to tip her more gold and she'd leave right away. I said no as I had already paid 400 for the trip.
    After a while of waiting I said I wanted a refund as I wasn't going to keep waiting for her. She then said I had not paid her. I couldn't believe this greedy person was saying I hadn't paid her.
    Anyway, I quit the group and let her have the 400 gold. This person is greedy and dosen't seserve for anyone to trust her. Her name is Ulka Bucka. Remember the name so you don't fall prey to her greediness.
    I know I shouldn't of paid up front but I didn't think anyone would be so greedy and petty.

i usually tell them to take me and then i pay them if they agree at the end i pay them, its like some guy who said he was doing a mish for free until i picked up silver dye and he told me i had to give him it, so i used it on my armor and i reported him, his name was Gurth Dae

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Its one of the risks of running. Runners scam people and ppl needing runs are scam as well. Its not an official component of the game, so theres not much anyone can do about it.

Run at your own risk.

• ElkariElkari Member Posts: 47

When I first saw players offering this, I was shocked. 

First at the idea.  Here is a prime example of capitalism at it's best (or worst).  The idea to get lower players through difficult areas without them earning the right of passage just seems to go against the purpose of gaining experienc in the game.  How are these players suppose to learn which combos works best on which monsters if they never fight their way across the map themselves?

Second at the price some were asking.  I was so tempted to under cut the more outragious prices, but decided against it.  I will run other players to distant towns, but only if they ask first.  Sometimes I'll whisper players trying to haggle the price of the more expensive runners, saying I was going that way and they could tag along for free.  This may seem to go against what I just said in the first paragraph, but let me explain.  Before offering to be a runner for anybody, I take a few things into consideration. 

1) what level are they and how far away is the town they want to go to.  I will never take a player who just got to Post to the Courthouse.  There is just too much in between Ascalon and the distant towns some players are asking to go to that they need to find.  All that XP from monsters and quests, not to mention all the items to be found along the way.

2) would the player want to take a scenic route.  The lower the level of the player the more I would push for this.  That way he earns XP and I get more crafting items.  I will not just go on a killing spree and let the players I am running get free XP.  They have to fight as well.  I'll be there to draw the monsters to me and heal them as needed.  Just for the record - I will NEVER and have never left another player all alone in the world after saying I would run them to another town.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Most people wanting runs are alternate characters. The player just wants his alts to get to Droknars forge to get the best armor right away with money they have from their main charcter. You can always travel back, so its not like they are missing anything.