Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

there WONT be any pre-nge pre-cu servers ....confirmation here

2»

Comments

• Neurox1Neurox1 Member Posts: 260

sorry double post

• Neurox1Neurox1 Member Posts: 260

OK well, let me say this,

i agree 100% that soe bullcraps a lot .... no doubt about that ....

at this point i dont even know if its bullcrap or if they just dont know what the heck they are doing or which direction they are going untill the very day they decide to change something ... a lot of their development seems to be done on a whim ....

BUT ... i posted this .. and take the moderator's statement as genuine ... somewhat .. MAINLY .. MAINLY .. because of the BULLCRAP that has lead SOE to its current situation now

no way, ... when they HID the existence and plans for the NGE .. ( BTW you gotta love the way they did it ... the same way the emperor hid the plans of the deathstar) and got seriously lashed by the gaming community and media for it ... and no WAY after this QUOTE ... found on this interview... are they goind to flat out lie to the community again .. ( well they might .. but theres a good possibility they wont)

"The main thing that we learned was that we need to begin talking to our communities much earlier whenever there are huge updates coming to a game." - Chris Kramer

found here http://www.gamergod.com/article.php?article_id=3538

either way well see what happens

• josmits66josmits66 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by admriker444

Hmm lies...
    1.) we are working on a new FRS system to replace the one that was disabled. Of course this was a huge huge lie.
    2.) Capitol ships - shown at a fanfest as something we could expect to be added at a later date. Then after months of "its being worked on" suddenly its casually announced that it was never something they were going to add...just a dev playing around with an idea on his laptop we were told.
    3.) jedi was always possible at launch. Big lie here, SOE was busted when tre.files were shown to be adding in jedi related stuff over the course of several months. Then amazingly everyone started to unlock the day after a patch.
    4.) Luke Skywalker is in the game but nobody has found him yet (kevin Q3PO). This idiotic statement, whether a lie or just plain ignorance cost me a guild. After spending weeks looking for him, Luke shows up in the Sith temple after the rebel theme park was fixed. My entire guild quit that day.
    5.) camo kits for Lok - devs tell rangers that these kits are possible. However the rangers keep telling them that no mob there drops the necessary meat to make them. Again, either a lie or imcompetence
    6.) CU - was meant to be a fix for the current player base. However, after attending Celebration 3 and chatting with Tiggs....I learn that the CU is more designed to broaden the appeal of the game (hence the awful changes)
    7.) the cu will come before JTL - BIG FAT LIE....we were repeatedly told for a year that CU would come first. Then suddenly devs announce cu is taking longer than planned and JTL will come instead. Then SOE's PR team goes everywhere in interviews and lies stating that the players "demanded" JTL first. Such a lie it sickens me
    8.) Planetary Loot revamp - we get 2 planets done. We are then told more to come until every planet is done. After a few months, any post asking about it is deleted.
    I could go on and on. The smuggler promises alone could take me a week to write on.
    And yes, I stand by my statement. Anyone who plays this game is an idiot. Why, well after SOE screws them over I'll be there to say I told you so and you were warned.
    And like I said, if NGE succeeds watch out mmorpg players everywhere.

What about the Ranger revamp that they were working on, supposedly, the day before announcing the NGE?

What about the Cube to make the CH be able to train higher pets?

I love the FRS one.

And maybe its not lying, but they hid the NGE till the day after ToOW.  If that's not deceit, then I don't know what is.  Not to mention the statements that have been made and later changed. 

Plus, half of the professions in the game are broke now.  My commando is still waiting for something to do.  Medic keeps getting worse and worse.  The only thing they "fix" is Jedi.  There publish 27 keeps getting pushed back and back. 

Where's the line between truth and lie?  SWG expands their truths I guess, not always lies.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Erethorn
    Originally posted by Malickiebloo
    Originally posted by admriker444
    Originally posted by Malickiebloo Originally posted by ErethornYeah that's what the fanbois don't understand... I didn't quit this game because the NGE is crap. I would have kept playing, just because it's Star Wars... Yes I'm one of those people But no way am I going to keep giving my money to a bunch of bastards who think they can lie to me like that. It's not about game design. It's not about poor game developing. It's not about 9 profs or 100. It's not about Jedi. It's not about CH, not about entertainers, not about rangers (I was a ranger, mind you). It's not about bugs, it's not about how many buttons you have to press. It's all about some people at SOE who think they can spit me in the face with their lies. For that reason alone they are NEVER going to see the colour of my money again.
    And that's also the problem I have with the rabid fanbois. If they support a company that has treated me in such a manner, with such a lack of decency, then they lack the same amount of decency. If someone were to rob in in the street and some bystanders would cheer at him, what would you expect my attitude towards them to be ?!
    And that's why I eagerly expect them to fall flat on their faces and eat their own words once the NGE bites the dust, as we all know it will soon.1 word non-disclosure , it is hardly a new concept . I really don't see how your point has merit . Nge Was announced prior to going live . Those who bought TOOW were given refunds if they felt ripped off . Changing a game is hardly equal to robbing someone on the street .
    Sorry dude but your wrong. We arent talking about some minor changes here. This was a complete makeover. SOE broke the cardinal rule of mmorpgs by tossing out all the vets work for years.
    Anyone can eventually accept change. Hell, take a poll and you'll see that most players hated the CU but we stuck it out because the core game was still there. But this NGE garbage is NOT the game I paid $89 for back in July 2003.
    Vets have every right to be completely pissed off. SOE took our $15 per month and spent it on developing a new game for a different player base. And the whole time they kept promising us they were fixing our game.
    If you ask me, that amount to robbery.

Not that im trying to argue your point , But this guy said he wasn't mad about the changes , He was Mad about being Robbed of Money . And was criticizing those who still play just as guilty of robbing him . I am as well a near 3 year Vet . You think i don't miss my old character and all i aquired with him ? Yet im not about to go Criticizing those who still want to play a game , That dosent make them thieves , idiots or anything lower than i am That goes for anyone who plays any game .

Ok just to put a few things straight.

First. I never said I was mad at SOE for "robbing" me. I used the "robbing in the street" analogy, as an example. If you read my post again, you will see my problem is with SOE LYING TO ME, which is a different thing. I think I made that clear enough. Now you might call it nondisclosure or whatever. But when I'm working to level up my ranger and the devs post in the forums about enhancements to the ranger prof, knowing all the way that the ranger will be gone from the game in 30 days, I call that a f***ng lie. And their lies are way to many for me to start making a list of them, and besides, other posters have already done that in this thread and in other threads.

And about me "criticizing those who still play as guilty of robbing me"... Where did I say that ?! I was taking about the "rabid fanbois", and by that I don't mean those who play the game, but those who keep putting us vets down on the forums and defending SOE's lousy moral practices. I have nothing against someone who plays the game (althought I do feel some pity for those who fell for SOE's propaganda and sunk their money in the Starter Kit). I have something against those who DEFEND SOE and try to put me down. To me, this is not a matter of personal taste. I don't like the NGE, but I can respect anyone who likes it, as long as he respects me. But when the people with 6 months prepaid accounts and whose profs have dissapeared from the game are asking for their money back, and some as****es yell "don't let the door hit you on your way out" that's when I get mad... ::::25::

Maybe , i misunderstood your point . As you were saying your feelings rather than what your where you felt robbed . I have the same amount of disrespect for those who play and bash those who don't as i do for those on the other side who do the same ^&*( .

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Blue3000Blue3000 Member Posts: 238

Don't be such a retard!  The guy compared it to be robbed on the street.  It's a metaphor he's using.  He didn't mean it literally. 

Some people don't have the slightest clue yet they come out talking nonsense right away.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

Why would anyone have respect for the people playing? Stop giving them money or they'll never learn.

• CraigerRayCraigerRay Member Posts: 1

I only play SWG because it's Star Wars

believe me... just like everyone else.. I dislike the NGE, I also dislike going from 40 different professions to 9 professions.

I mean seriously...what the hell was SOE thinking when they did this?

This game could and should be alot better.

All I see now are Post-NGE Jedi running around Theed playing with their gaysabers.... Seriously...Either

a) go back to pre-CU where Jedi was still kinda a rare thing, or...

b) move the timeline ahead to after episode 6 where there were tons of jedi again

yeah i know this means the empire is now gone, but SOE can come up with another idea for the game

Atleast...I think they can image

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
  • duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670

Originally posted by Obraik

Confirmation of no pre-NGE or Pre-CU
    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Sunrunner&message.id=467087#M467087

Bah!  Virrago is just another mail-room/forum mod just like Nadias on the OP.  We know better!  Besides, no matter how much you want to spin it, there was also no Starter Kit and no NGE.

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Was it Virrago who denied the NGE, or TH?? I forget which.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by Blue3000
    Don't be such a retard! The guy compared it to be robbed on the street. It's a metaphor he's using. He didn't mean it literally.
    Some people don't have the slightest clue yet they come out talking nonsense right away.

Yes he may have used a metaphor , Yet if you wanna make a point make that point clear . Besides why use a metaphor when it has nothing to do with what you are saying or how you feel ?

Metaphor : a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity

So hes saying its similar to being robbed on the street ?

Originally posted by Shayde

I don't recall anyone denying the NGE , Tiggs stated that the adds for the starter kit were an error . Most took that as denying the NGE . Others that the article /advertisment was actually describing the KOTOR game .
    Anything prior to an offical announcment regarding NGE was deleted yet i dont recall a public denial .

I don't recall anyone denying the NGE , Tiggs stated that the adds for the starter kit were an error . Most took that as denying the NGE . Others that the article /advertisment was actually describing the KOTOR game .
    Anything prior to an offical announcment regarding NGE was deleted yet i dont recall a public denial .

The denials were there when it was leaked 2 days before. Remeber the big leak that caused the uproar? Tiggs wasn't the only one to deny it, it was denied in many posts that were summarily deleted.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.

The denials were there when it was leaked 2 days before. Remeber the big leak that caused the uproar? Tiggs wasn't the only one to deny it, it was denied in many posts that were summarily deleted.

Not saying it didn't happen saying i dont remember it . maybe thats because any post made about it had a life span of about 20 mins .

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by duncan_922

Originally posted by Obraik

Confirmation of no pre-NGE or Pre-CU
    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Sunrunner&message.id=467087#M467087

Bah!  Virrago is just another mail-room/forum mod just like Nadias on the OP.  We know better!  Besides, no matter how much you want to spin it, there was also no Starter Kit and no NGE.

Virrago and Garva were promoted to the Customer Relations team, so they're not just mods anymore.

Now they are mods with a tin foil hat.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

• WordaenWordaen Member Posts: 203

Now they are mods with a tin foil hat.

Or, if you prefer, script monkeys :)

• ErethornErethorn Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by Blue3000
    Don't be such a retard! The guy compared it to be robbed on the street. It's a metaphor he's using. He didn't mean it literally.

Yes he may have used a metaphor , Yet if you wanna make a point make that point clear . Besides why use a metaphor when it has nothing to do with what you are saying or how you feel ?

Metaphor : a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity

So hes saying its similar to being robbed on the street ?

Yes it was a metaphor, yes it denotes a similarity, no you don't understand anything, so yes I will try to enlighten you:

My metaphor was intended to show the similarity of the bystander's reaction to a imoral act:

1. Someone robbs me in the street, people cheer - they are as imoral as the robber

2. SOE lies to me, fanbois cheer, they tell me to shut up or put up - they are as imoral as SOE (or as stupid as SOE )

Is it clear now or do I have to draw you a picture ?