Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About population/race numbers & race leaders....

KaalinnKaalinn Member UncommonPosts: 121

hey everyone,

there's 2 things i was wondering about and couldnt find any info o0n anywhere....

first of all: as far as i've seen on various sites (including here & the official US/EU RFO site) lots of people (i'd say about 70%) and guilds all are going for Accretia once the game's released. I personally want to go Cora (european servers) and have seen only a few people shooting for cora, and absolutely none for bellato. Now im worrying about the balance, and since i've heard that race leaders (if they have enough sense, i.e. arent just some Uber gankers that happen to have the most contribution points) can form pacts between 2 races (cora & bellato in this case) but nothing keeps the actual players from attacking each other even with a pact in place, i don't see much hope for player-induced balance either. So, can someone playing the beta tell me how bad it gets when one faction is completely overpopulated? Or if there really is an accretia overpopulation going on in the beta already?

the second thing is..... have their been any rumors or comments from Code M regarding the duration of Race Leadership? I personally would favor 2 weeks to 1 month. Something like 1 week would be far too short, since those guys would never get to do political stuff (seeing as only the No. 1 has the real political power, the 2-5 of the list just get the race channel & armor, so they become PVP generals) which they should, but always have to do the PVP grind to secure their position. actually, im a little worried about the race leadership being entirely PVP based, without any other factors, but i guess we'll have to see how it works out in the end.

well, thanks for reading and hopefully answering

Comments

• gapsta24gapsta24 Member Posts: 30
  • RosuckRosuck Member Posts: 11
    It would be nice to see the online and offline populations of each race for each instance of the game.
  • KaalinnKaalinn Member UncommonPosts: 121

well, that poll looks promising, to say the least :)

strangely most of the posts asking people for their planned race is full of accretia, aswell as the guild forums (just take a look at the guild forum here at mmorpg.com for example)

maybe its some kind of social phenomenon (like, organised people that plan ahead like to play accretians etc......, lets hope Cora dont get kiddie-swarmed because of their looks :) )

thanks for pointing me to that poll, i'm eager to see how it works out when those numbers are divided between US and EU servers...

so, any news regarding the race leadership duration anyone?

• I'm planning to be a bellato for the MAUs, otherwise i would pick Acretia. Anyways, it's not like you can only have one character spot. You can have three per server so you can pick all three races if you wanted to, so don't worry about a overpopulation because if that happens, most of the players are going to make a new character in the other race. Also about the race leader thingy that your topic said, basically there are 5 patriarchs for each race. They usually have the highest honor points(gained throught pvp) and they have the ability to mass message the entire race. You can easilty see them because they have a very big aura on top of their heads.