Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curious Newcomer

Hello I am thinking about purchasing Asheron's Call 2, I have read that Turbine closed down the official servers for the game and that there is a lot of angst about this subject matter however my question is of a different matter, are there any free servers, and if so are they of a high quality? This question's answer will either dissuade or persuade me to buy the game so I would be greatful for an honest answer.

Comments

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

There are no free servers. Don't buy it.

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

It'd be nice if there were some free servers eventually. I'd also like to see that with Earth & Beyond. Those two games were a lot of fun. I especially liked their unique classes. I already own both games, but if I didn't I would be more than happy to buy a $20 box if I could play the games on free servers.

Game companies often bring out their old games and sell them for $10-$20 to squeak out a little more money. Hell, UO still manages to sell boxes and there is a huge amount of free servers out there.

• Storm.Storm. Member UncommonPosts: 256

dont believe there are any unfortunately.

• SquittySquitty Member Posts: 342

Would be nice if either of those had free servers, but you know what would be even more nice.... if Motor City Online had free servers....I loved that game ::::16::