Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest: New Q&A and Screen Series!

Today we kick off two new periodic features focusing on the next expansion to EverQuest, Prophecies of Ro. Every Wednesday, fans will be able to see two new and exclusive images from the title. Every other week we will also carry an interview with the developers. You can read the first Q&A here and view the first set of images here.

image MMORPG.com: What levels is this expansion targeted towards. From where / how will the new zones be accessed?

Travis McGeathy: The expansion zones start at around level 50 and work their way up from there. With the revamp of Freeport and the Desert of Ro, we've also added additional expansion-only missions that take place within those zones that cater to lower level players. In addition, we've created more than a dozen new monster missions that are available to players of all levels including, for the first time, a monster mission raid.

The expansion is broken down into four main areas, the Plane of Magic, the Plane of Conflict, Takish Hiz, and the Theater of Blood. Access to each of these comes from different areas within Freeport and the Desert of Ro. The exception is Theater of Blood. Gaining access to that zone is a secret that players will have to uncover on their own.

To read the entire Q&A and see the images follow this link.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

When I read this I am extremely happy about 1 thing.

I doesn't play EQ anymore!  image  Devs on cracks!  "Let's reward raiders and make them the best at everything!"  Whatever, I ain't there anymore, but I am laughing.  image

Instead of thinking from a dev point of view, just try for once to think from a player point of view, why is anyone better in grouping than groupers?  Whatever you answer, from a player point of view, it make no sense.  Group uberness belong to groupers, not raiders!  image  Nobody is more group worthy than groupers, nothing anyone says will ever change that fact.

Of course, it is easier to hide behind a dev point of view of more players doing 1 activity...which is a mistake.  Bad bad mistake, different gameplay, different systems and differents hierarchy is the only logical answer.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• carebearcarebear Member Posts: 188
    MMORPG.com: How will players benefit from missions? Will it be faction tied to the new expansion or tradable tokens as we saw in Omens of War?

Um, you mean Dragons of Norrath, not Omens of War.

Carebear
    *WoW = Level 60 Priest*
    *EQ2 = Level 25 Druid*

• wkstarwkstar Member UncommonPosts: 3

Every New Expansion pushs the bar higher and higher
    You don't raid , So you don't get the best gear

EQ is not different

Look what they are doing to WoW

So, if you want to jump from game to game every two months then you will Never see the high end of any game.

You can single play or group all you want in any game But don't ever expect to see an End game zone without raiding