Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sounds of Saga

billiebillie Member UncommonPosts: 400

The music in gaming is important, especially if you are playing the game for a few years. See if you think these 2 to 3 MB mp3 clips from the soon to retail (within three months) clasic rpg from sigil.com (Vanguard: Saga of Heroes) have what it takes to add something to the gaming experience:

1. Steeps of the Sunset
2. Cobalt Deep
3. Bordinar's Cleft
4. Highlands
5. Nusibe Necropolis

Comments

• VarcanVarcan Member Posts: 77
    Personally, I think they're great!  However, its really hard to see the mood of the song until your playing the game in the area for which the songs are made.  I also doubt it the type of music most of you would just listen to everyday.  I like a little relaxing mood music for homework and papers and such, and I feel these songs have a lot more lvls to them than what I've heard on other mmos.  Only the intro tracks in most games sounds anywhere close to this good.
  • BahkBahk Member Posts: 259

Music sounds awesome so far.

• MadylonMadylon Member Posts: 1
    Honestly, from my perspective and in my opinion....this is THE best music I have heard for a game in a LONG LONG time.  It's very unobtrusive....and I think has the inherent capability of evoking emotion.  VERY very nice.  Thank you for sharing it.
  • GrestehGresteh Member Posts: 146

Originally posted by billie
    The music in gaming is important, especially if you are playing the game for a few years. See if you think these 2 to 3 MB mp3 clips from the soon to retail (within three months) clasic rpg from sigil.com (Vanguard: Saga of Heroes) have what it takes to add something to the gaming experience:1. Steeps of the Sunset
    2. Cobalt Deep
    3. Bordinar's Cleft
    4. Highlands
    5. Nusibe Necropolis

Vanguard is not going to be released in 3 months, i'd say 6-7 min.

• ArremusArremus Member Posts: 656
    Well it's definitely a crap load cheaper to hire one or two people with a decent sample cd and soundfont collection than it is to hire a full orchestra and studio musicians.
    And for the style of the music and types of instrument sounds they've used, they've done a good job of tying it together.

Sadly though, it seems sequenced music is like MMO NPC AI. It's still a long way off appearing realistic.
    Played quietly in the background though, this music will probably work well.

As for the comment above about the most immersive soundtrack in a long time or whatever, get ye a copy of, or reinstall, Call of Duty. Then load up the music folder in Winamp and sit back and listen.
    That is pure composition/performance gold.
    The most immersive, well written soundtrack I've personally heard in a game (bolded to illustrate personal opinion ;) ).

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.