Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

should i buy AO

ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
i was wondering should i buy anarchy online or would it be too late in the day to start out as a noob.

Comments

• mbellis5mbellis5 Member Posts: 7
    i played AO when it first came out a few years ago.  i know and assume alot has changed sence then but it has a really high learning curve and if your up to the task i'd say go for it but if your more of a passive gamer i'd take a good hard look at the task your about to undertake and consider your options wisely.
  • XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

Well you can always start out with the free not-quite-forever trial. Roll some Adventurers and stuff and see how you like the game. In fact there seem to be a fair number of new players in both free and expansion-ed. Also, older players are always rolling alts in other professions because they've got different builds or use pets or ranged instead of melee... Etc.

I've been playing as a fr00b for a while now, I'm highly enjoying the game even without "phat sl lewt" and I'll probably start doing the monthly thing next time theres a nifty promotion for expansions.

It IS pretty hard. My first two toons are very (hopelessly) gimpy. Doing much better with my cookie-cutter Enforcer. Monsters always seemed to be angry at me in a personal sort of way in any event...

• BeanchillaBeanchilla Member Posts: 260

you can try it for free,
    but its fine for newbs,
    i just started last summer, not so much has changed.
    go for it. and shadowlands is a great expansion
    you ever get bored of doing generic mishs and teams head to sl and hit them hecklers

Just another handsome boy graduate...

• CaniguaCanigua Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by ronan32
    i was wondering should i buy anarchy online or would it be too late in the day to start out as a noob.

A new expansion is coming out soon and all those fr00bs,i'll don't think it's to late being noob

Edit:and since it's it free to 2007,then you will have atleast 1 year to get lvl 220 and thats doable before they cancel it,and that's not very likely aslong they make bucks on it

• Sin316Sin316 Member Posts: 53

Preliminary Update Notes 16.2

New Shadowlands Quests
    o

Elysium and Nascence have been populated with over sixty new quests for low to mid level players

thats from the upcoming content patch (should come in very few)

so you see, there is always new stuff added, also for low levels.

I sugesst getting the 7 day free trial, since it includes the shadowlands :p