Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Escape to Norrath Trail Question......

zypherantzypherant Member UncommonPosts: 18

wadup.. hey, i'm a veteran retired eq player and I just wanted to play trial, I tried Escape to Norrath in November and then left, And now when i try to get on it says i need a valid subscription. I thought it was a 1-10 level trial, I never reached 10, how come it not let me in. Is there a time limit on trial also?

Comments

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

Sorry i'm not certain, but as i believe(d) The Escape to Norrath trial is a completely different server i think & is 'free'.  Sure subscribed players can option to do The Escape to Norrath tutorial as well, but that is part of their overall account.  i could be mistaken, but The Escape to Norrath is supposed to be 'free' unless you want to change & upgrade your account.  Sony(SOE) doesn't miss many marketing opportunities though so the process might be in the fine print.  Sorry Zypherant i couldn't deliver specific details for your problem.  i too might try to take advantage of The Escape to Norrath 'free' one day.  Good luck.  i hope you find the solution, might try emailing them the question, i've been pleasantly surprised in the effectiveness & help Sony(SOE) customer service as offered me lately.  image

Q, MNK, Veiled One resider, unofficial pet class of Sony's EQ  image

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

I know what Happened I believe. I tried the escape to norrath thingy with my official account(that was canceled at the time) and it worked and i could play it back last year. I tried a month later and It said I needed to update my subscription or w/e. Apparently when you started the EQ client with your old account it activated the 21 day free trial(for old accounts to try the game again) back then and you most likely were unnaware of it being activated. so now you can't get back in.

when I did it last year I was unnaware there was even a trial available for old players so I basically wasted it...=(.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• zypherantzypherant Member UncommonPosts: 18

aye, thats what happened i think.. But, escape to norrath doesn't require subscription nor credit card, so since it doesn't need subscription could i make another station account? or is that agains't the rules. Because station accounts are free.