Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think of this UFC fight card?

fight card: Jan 16
Tim Silvia v. Assuerio Silva
Stephan Bonnar v. James Irwin
Melvin Guillard Vs. Anthony Torres
Spencer Fisher Vs. Aaron Riley
Drew Fickett Vs. Josh Burkman
Chris Leben Vs. Jorge Rivera
Alex Karalexis Vs. Jason Von Flue
Jonathan Goulet Vs. Duane Ludwig

IMO - Spencer Fisher Vs. Aaron Riley, will be fight of the night.
       - Bonnar v Irvin will hopefully be a war.

Im Amazed..... NOT!!!

Comments

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

no neither am I but its my excuse for going to hooters......

my gf would kill me with a dull spoon if she ever knew i went there.

but i only go there for UFC fights so i dont have to pay per view.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• XvKillJoyvXXvKillJoyvX Member Posts: 39

Am I the only one that finds the UFC incredibly boring compared to boxing? After they hold each other on the ground for five minutes trying to get a submission I just turn it off.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by Vergeltung

Hehe, well considering that arsenal of weapons you often refer to I would be amazed if you did not have at least one "Battle spoon of decapitation Mark IV", just pray she do not get hold of that one.. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Originally posted by XvKillJoyvX

Am I the only one that finds the UFC incredibly boring compared to boxing? After they hold each other on the ground for five minutes trying to get a submission I just turn it off.

Well thats just MMA just like boxing it has its fights that are exciting and then it has the ones were its mostly grappling.. The thing is though that there are people out there that enjoy a good grappling match. When was the last time you heard someone say they enjoyed the hold fest that alot of boxing matches become..

Im like you I enjoy the KO's but alittle Grappling cant hurt expecially if there is a GnP guy in there. I still find MMA to be much more exciting on average then boxing matches. And this is comming from a person that used to/still does want to be a boxer.

Just do like I do find a really good striker and or 20 and just keep watch on them, usually more times then not if there any good your going to see a KO and not a grappling turny.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Originally posted by Umbrood

Hehe, well considering that arsenal of weapons you often refer to I would be amazed if you did not have at least one "Battle spoon of decapitation Mark IV", just pray she do not get hold of that one.. :)

no not quite there with a spoon but i did modify a butter knife  to be pretty damn good...

i changed the weight on it so it could be thrown, sharpened to edge and just for fun made it look entirely normal so i could take it to a dinner and no one would know........

but she could kill me even though i have 57 knives, 7 swords, a real 1840's billy club( i love that one), a Jacklyn knife(not a knife at all more of a spear from hell), a roman spear, and  for the hell of it a naginata.

not to mention odds and end brass knuckle type things and hardgloves made with a ceramic composite alloy(leather gloves with hardened knuckles)

but she could still kill me i will never and have never hit a woman...

but my arsenal is not small and entirely legal......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I hear hooters food isn't all that good. Is that true? I never been to one before.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501
    Sounds like a no-name fight card, could be some decent action though...  I only bother with the major events, like when Lidell steps in the ring...  If you guys gamble at all with this, never bet against Georges Saint Francis, this crazy Canadian opens a severe can of whoop ass everytime...  Some of the drop kicks and punches this guy lands are devastating...  Fun fighter to watch too...  He talks like a Frenchman, and has a high pitched voice, thus everyone automatically counts him out...  They are wrong though, this guy will be middle-weight champ easily...

• Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

I hear hooters food isn't all that good. Is that true? I never been to one before.

Hooters, Chilis, Bennigans, and all of those other crap chains get their crap food from the same place...  Friday's is a step up from most places, but yes, Hooters like every other chain joint really sucks... 

• Aqua_GirlAqua_Girl Member Posts: 51

Stephan Bonnar Vs. James Irvin: I think James Irvin hits very hard, and if Bonnar tries one of his lead-with-your-forehead-and-swing-for-the-fences slugfests, he might get upset.  Bonnar is quite a bit better on the ground coming from the Cesar Gracie JJ.  I expect Irvin to rock Bonnar but he regains his composure and takes Irvin to the ground where he finishes him.

Chris Leben Vs. Jorge Rivera: Chris Leben may very well knock out Rivera.  I don't like Leben's attitude personally but there is no denying he has good standup and an iron chin.

Good Day...

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

depends its not by any means awesome but its good enough and on the TV they have all the games you normally have to pay perview for.

the atmosphere is "attractive" to say the least.

i enjoy it there every once in a while. if i went there often my gf would find out and yet again i would be crucified in my front yard with barrels of fruit for people to throw at me.......

• HatorianHatorian Member Posts: 164
    Hey this is tmrw monday? Im so excited! Leben will lose,  but if Rivera thinks that he can have another fight like the Hallman fight and win, or be asked back to fight he is on crack, he has to be a lot more aggresive.  We are talking about a guy who be The Crow, and gave Rich one hell of a fight.  Leben lost to Kenflo.  but It was a inpressive win agiant Dweebs

Im Amazed..... NOT!!!