Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeans

KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Well today I was going by Abercrombie and Fitch when I realized that they had some cool new polos out. I check them out and I went through the store and I found the Jeans. Well, I am a Jeans guy. I will wear them in Summer over Shorts and I checked out a cool pair of jeans.

I saw that they were pre washed and sand-paper worned, which made the jeans less casual, easier to rip, and more preppie, which is what I like.

I then saw the price tag.

What did that price tag say?

198 dollars.

Yes. $198.99 cents.

A whole wall of jeans that were all just under 200 dollars. They had holes, were sandpapered, and were worn, and they were 200 dollars.

I was shocked and thought it was a mistype until I saw the other jeans on the wall, which were equally expensive. I looked around some more and found another rack of jeans. Now these jeans had huge knee holes in them and had broken belt straps in the waste to look really worn-in. You couldn't even wear a belt on them right. They wouldn't last more than a month, I thought. The price? Bleh....120 dollars.

Basically, I want to make this statement. If you have ever spent over a hundred dollars on a single pair of Denim jeans for any label, you are stupid. Sorry for the name calling, but really, if you are going to buy a few pairs of cheap jeans for the price of a downpayment of a porsche, you REALLY need to reevaluate what is important to you.

*Also take note that Kiamde DID buy 3 pairs of Jeans that day for 38 dollars each at American Eagle. Also take note that he is exploiting the people who buy expensive jeans, because he owns stock in A&F and has ironically gotten enough profit from the stock to buy one pair of A&F jeans.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Comments

• ZivaDominiZivaDomini Member Posts: 442

That's exactly why I refuse to buy jeans like that.  It's so stupid.  It'd be one thing if maybe the quality was better.  Maybe the jeans lasted longer, but they don't.  They last the exact same amount of time.  Heck, some of them even less.  It's pointless.

Plus, where did the whole hole in your jeans come from anyway?  I mean honestly.  "Oh look, his knee cap is showing!"  *faints*

• DeltaMazeDeltaMaze Member Posts: 198

If you want jeans with holes then go down to the used clothing store and get used jeans for like 5 bucks. I just got these levis that were a little faded for 25 bucks at Dillards.

• RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

Levi or Dickies for me, sometimes even Lee's... nothing else

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

• cloudoffirecloudoffire Member Posts: 271

Your first mistake was going into Abercrombie and Fitch.

-Cloudoffire-

• xxSymphonyxxxxSymphonyxx Member Posts: 194

Well that's abercrombie and fitch for ya. I shop there most of the time but i get the stuff under $100. Oh yeah those jeans are "hand made" (psssh yeah) that's why they're $200+ Honestly in california all guys and girls do this. Pay for over priced crap. Where do you think Arnold is getting the extra cash?

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by cloudoffire
    Your first mistake was going into Abercrombie and Fitch.

How so? They have really, really nice clothes and it is not all expensive.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Here is my take on Jeans: When it comes to jeans, you really shouldn't be paying over 60 bucks. Jeans are jeans man. You can find the same style of jeans for a lesser price and if you want it to look "causaul" you know what to do. Send those jeans through hell.

As long as girls keep wearing those tight jeans. . . . image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I stopped reading in order to laugh when I got to the point where you said you shop at Abercrombie.image

Joined - July 2004

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    I have 3 pairs of jeans that I wear all the time image
  • SackynutSackynut Member Posts: 558

i have three pairs of regular jeans. not prefaded not pre cut. the point of having ripped jeans is that you ripped them youself because your lifestyle is so rugged. Buying preripped jeans is possibly the stupidest thing, same with prefaded. Some people will pay anything to look cool -_-. Spending over 200$ on something to wear (excluding the prom) is poinless. The only thing I would spend 200 or more on would be computer parts.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

i cant walk into Abercrombie

I dont know what it is. I feel so dirty when I walk in there. I felt more comfortable walking into Hot Topic in a clerical collar (priest shirt) than I would walking into Abercrombie in my civvies.

3 years ago I actually walked into Hot Topic wearing my "priestly garments." It was right after Christmas Eve service and the mall was opened for another hour. My brother-in-law wanted this creepy doll that looked like a zombie schoolgirl with pink dreadlocks so I went in and bought it for him as my wife and I were heading to his house that night.

The employees in that store was SO nice to me. I guess they never had a priest walk into hottopic ...much less buy anything from there. But heck, I like the clothes in there (the T-Shirts especially) more than Abercrombie.

Abercrombie makes me feel...well...that I just slept with my brother or something. It goes beyond metrosexual in there. Plus, their store should have a age warning before walking in there. Aint nothing like staring at a 18 foot picture of a dirty camper boy's ass in a halfway pulled up pair of dirty boxers while I shop for underwear. It really pulls me for the sale, ....ya know?

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by En1Gma

I dont know what it is. I feel so dirty when I walk in there. I felt more comfortable walking into Hot Topic in a clerical collar (priest shirt) than I would walking into Abercrombie in my civvies.
    3 years ago I actually walked into Hot Topic wearing my "priestly garments." It was right after Christmas Eve service and the mall was opened for another hour. My brother-in-law wanted this creepy doll that looked like a zombie schoolgirl with pink dreadlocks so I went in and bought it for him as my wife and I were heading to his house that night.
    The employees in that store was SO nice to me. I guess they never had a priest walk into hottopic ...much less buy anything from there. But heck, I like the clothes in there (the T-Shirts especially) more than Abercrombie.
    Abercrombie makes me feel...well...that I just slept with my brother or something. It goes beyond metrosexual in there. Plus, their store should have a age warning before walking in there. Aint nothing like staring at a 18 foot picture of a dirty camper boy's ass in a halfway pulled up pair of dirty boxers while I shop for underwear. It really pulls me for the sale, ....ya know?

You won't catch me in Abercrombie or Hot Topic...unless I see a good looking girl to talk to (That is the way of Riki).image

I remember MadTV making fun of Abercrombie being beyond metrosexual and a little . . . queer? It was pretty funny.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by En1Gma

first off i dont shop(few selective stores mostly local are only exceptions)

but i walked into the mall once and saw the hot topic the poser rock shirts they sell(that you afore mentioned) the ridiculous low quality of it all and the obscenely high price of it all(im mad because my guy who puts hidden pockets in needs a certain amount of quality so only half my clothes have a hidden knife pocket)

but the mall is terrible i know a lot of local buisnessmen they give me great great deals, and are nice and are better for the economy simple because they allow for the diversification of the labor force into more skilled groups(ex you have a boot store instead of it being a department in a shoe store or at a wallmart) which in my mind gives better quality of service.

but my girlfriend bought me stuff from abercrombie and fich and i dont wear it.......(well one leather jacket is the exception and i think it isnt abercrombie and fich but a different store at the mall) And i really wear as she calls them my "rags" over anything at the mall that a lot of it already has holes in it new.

i really hate malls, walmarts, targets, etc. The only Decent store of that type is a new chain of sporting goods store called the Sportsmens warehouse(only place where each department could stand as its own shop and its all quality)

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.