Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

drak age of camelot help

I have the game being shipped to me. Is there any advice somone could give me for getting started. Like whats a good sever to join.

What chracter should i create that isn't to hard to play, or to fine groups with. Is there a main message board for the game, i have'nt been able to fine one as of yet.

is there any guilds that take on new players, or are all good guilds based with req's of being 50.

by what lvl do i have to be concered with what skills i pick.

any advice that could help a newpllayer to this game is welcomed

thanks

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

merlin server has the most constant amount of people but lancelot has more people on Fridays. All the healer type classes [shamman, healer, cleric, ect] get groups easy.

Daoc- Smallbornrocker-50 BD[Merlin]

EQ-97 Ranger-Lattel

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• solutionsolution Member Posts: 33

well i played a clr when i was playing eqoa and i would like to try something new maybe a tank or a malee what would be a good choice out of malee's or maybe a caster.

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

Percival is the oldest server and it has some advantages and disadvantages. You will be able to get a lot a free stuff most likely and a lot of financial help. On the down side, everyone and his mother has lvl 50s and it is hard to find newbies on it and might be hard to find help also.

Guinevere is the biggest server and might not be too bad.

Nimue is a small but friendly role-playing server.

Morgan Le Fay has many European people who play on it. It is generally more heavily populated during the day than it is at night in U.S. time.

Merlin is a big non-roleplay server that would be a good option.

The rest are much the same with the exception of the non-PvP and total PvP servers. If you don't like "d00d" speak, you may not like these. You might ought to stick to role-playing servers (Percival, Guinevere, and Nimue).

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

As far as characters and realms:

Albion is like a medieval Arthurian world. Hibernia is green and lush, Celtic it feel. Midgard is harsh and rugged looking with a sort of barbaric feel to it (think Vikings).

If you like to solo try an Albion necromancer.

If you like support, try a Midgard healer or Hibernian warden.

If you like big damage, try an Albion fire wizard.

If you like stealth, try an Albion infiltrator.

If you like speed, try a Hibernian bard or Albion minstrel.

If you like pets, try an Albion sorcerer or Midgard bone commander.

If you like melee, try a Midgard berzerker or thane, or a Hibernian champion.

Thanks for the info on severs, i'll probaly go for merlin. Now is there any guilds i would be able to get into within say first month of playing so i could learn how to play right.

Dragon Knights is a very supportive guild. It has around 40 members. /send Squigglepantz, Fishnchips, bratwyst, beastcaster, hjavar, or keddiebear. One of them is always on.

Daoc- Smallbornrocker-50 BD[Merlin]

EQ-97 Ranger-Lattel

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

I play on merlin and the guild i'm in is Darkriders of Ravenshire which isn't too bad. Not sure how many there is but there's power leveling on saturday for the newbies and stuff.

BTW, what guild are you in Kiamde, is it dragon knights?

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

BTW. Dragon knights is midguard merlin.

i think i'am going to go Midgard berzerker for my first character, so you may see me just waiting for the game to come down should be here in a few days.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     Ewww Midgard. You guys took our DF and we want it back! image

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Anything is should know while starting of as a Midgard berzerker.

Ask squigglepantz in Dragon knights once you join to make you 2 98%+ quality axes. He is a legendary weapon crafter and he help guildies for free. go to classesofcamelot.com and go to the berzerker section to learn how to spec your zerker.