Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to SWG or thinking about trying it out?.....

2»

Comments

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Jodokai

I understand people don't like the game. I understand that people like to bash things they don't like, but at least bash it with something real. I don't like the fact that by those pictures it appears SWG isn't as doomed as I had hoped it would be, but that doesn't change the fact that more people than we'd like are playing the game.

Am I the only one that doesn't really give a rats ass if they manage to recover from NGE? If they do, good on 'em. They won't get my money again though.

In my mind the bottom line is this:
    If NGE doesn't BLOW AWAY the numbers Pre NGE then it's a failure. The whole Point of the NGE was to have the game GROW. If it doesn't grow then it was a waste of effort. Regardless how anyone tries to spin it. And if it DOES grow... it was still a shoddy way to treat hundreds of thousands of paying customers.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

I'm with Elnator on this one.  I don't care if nge doesn't shut down the game.  I simply have no desire to see SOE and LA's treatment of their customers rewarded or vindicated with what THEY think of as success.  If a small handfull of people enjoy what the game is now, well let them -- if they can stomach the way that these companies treat them.

MY interests lie in how the behavior of the two involved companies effects the future of the mmorpg market.  If they succeed in bringing in the desired numbers, the customer might as well just pack it in and find new ways to spend both their free time and their entertainment money, because such a success will herald the kind of treatment that SOE and LA gave their SWG customers over the last few years being the rule rather than the exception.  It will be a clear message to game companies that it's okay to sell half finished product and abuse their paying customers.

Of course many of those who are enjoying the new garbage that SOE and LA have foisted off on us can't see much farther than the fact that you like the new game mechanics better than you did the old.  You seem to feel that all of us who are opposing this so vehemently are just doing it to rain on your parade, which couldn't be further from the truth.  All the whining and bitching you boys are so sick of hearing isn't to pee in your wheaties, it's to make sure the GAME COMPANIES know we don't like them pissing in everyone's wheaties and that we're not about to tolerate it if there is anything we can do.  And what a lot of you don't understand is that while you like what you have right now, your support of SOE and LA after they outright insulted their entire customer base publicly not just in action but in words almost ensures that they are going to do it again -- the next time taking away what YOU are paying for and what YOU want.

• DarkmastershDarkmastersh Member Posts: 205

OMFG u gotta be kidding. I can barely see 20 or less people in the pics, Ultima Online seems to have more players.