Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GunZ Online / Other free MMORPGS

I know this topic has probably already been asked numerous times, but I'm new to the site so I haven't yet seen it.

Will everyone please tell me their favorite free mmporpg? I used to play Knight Online, but that got old. I tried to play GunZ Online, but for some reason it isn't working on my computer. Or does anyone know of any other games similar to GunZ Online? Thanks.

Comments

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Free as in Beta? Rohan, Exteel, and HolyBeast Online.

Free as in Free for life? GuildWars (not a MMO I know), and probably SilkRoad Online. Not sure if Seal Online will be free when it hits english. As no word on if it will have item shop or not. If is is then definately add it to this list.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• freakerdfreakerd Member Posts: 60

Playing Guild Wars for almost 8 months now, its my favorite

• Tyson03Tyson03 Member Posts: 49

GUNZ has to be my favorite, but I havn't played it in a while, and I heard it's dieing, O_O

Um....try gunbound? lol

Wtf

• Darkfire52Darkfire52 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Roin

Free as in Beta? Rohan, Exteel, and HolyBeast Online.
    Free as in Free for life? GuildWars (not a MMO I know), and probably SilkRoad Online. Not sure if Seal Online will be free when it hits english. As no word on if it will have item shop or not. If is is then definately add it to this list.

Holybeast is free? And it's out? Is it in english?

By the way, there's this game called WarRock that's kind of like Gunz but its fps and lags more.

• haylenhaylen Member Posts: 106

i wonder about holy beast online, are you playing a foreign version? since the english website isn't working for me anymore, "URL not found."

I have a tree, a tree that's in my garde, but my garden's too small for the tree, so the tree is in my house, that means i don't have a house .... who am i anyway?

• Tyson03Tyson03 Member Posts: 49
    Yeah it's foreign. Chinese probably.
  • FyereFyere Member Posts: 1

You could always try RAN Online. Everyone's critical about it, but the graphics are good even though its a bit closer to real life, and people say so many bad things about it to make it look horrible, when really you're just wasting your time passing that game up for the hype.

Also, the english version is out, so they're going to close it out of beta soon.

• PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154
  • CrazyfoolCrazyfool Member Posts: 151

Originally posted by Tyson03

GUNZ has to be my favorite, but I havn't played it in a while, and I heard it's dieing, O_O
    Um....try gunbound? lol
    Wtf

Gunz is a great game, could do better if it wasnt for the huge outburst in hackers these days. I say, try to get Gunz to work on your comp, there are a few fixes for certain bugs if you check the forums.

Oh, and gunbound will always have a place in my heart LOL

• GoLDnBLuEGoLDnBLuE Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Crazyfool
    Originally posted by Tyson03
    Um....try gunbound? lol
    Wtf
    Gunz is a great game, could do better if it wasnt for the huge outburst in hackers these days. I say, try to get Gunz to work on your comp, there are a few fixes for certain bugs if you check the forums.
    Oh, and gunbound will always have a place in my heart LOL

haha, same here, i got to diamond whole... lol... i like silkroad, its a cool game, or you can try Xiah.

• scRiptfactoRscRiptfactoR Member Posts: 15
    gunbounds pretty good, and I like maplestoryimage

You've Been Hacked?

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

i have never seen any other games like gunz.. its unique and its a leet game!

• handshakeshandshakes Member Posts: 73
    try WarRock. About as good as Gunz in gameplay department but without the mindblowingly bad netcode that made me uninstall Gunz and Rakion before I put my fist through the wall. Plus it has TIGER CLAWWWWW.

Why does it hurt when I pee?

• David_WolfpaDavid_Wolfpa Member Posts: 273

I wouldn't really call Gunz an MMORPG, its more like a FPS with no single player (only online play). You can create games, deathmatch, team deathmatch etc and kill eachother to gain exp which lets you gain levels, buy new weapons, armor etc.

Its like counter strike 3rd person with swords mixed in with aload of cool moves (Running up walls, diving all over the place etc)

Its pretty fun but not for people looking for worlds to explore, monsters to fight etc like most MMORPGS.

• RyuhouRyuhou Member UncommonPosts: 5

David_Wolfpa, sure it is not a mmorpg. But Korean version of Gunz already have quest and map unlocking gameplay. So consider as half mmorpg? Oo

Well anyway Gunz lag is horrible... Like shooting their head for 10 secs just to see them turn around and SG you to dead.. And it isn't a FPS but a Third person Shooter :P

• KashiusKashius Member CommonPosts: 88

The problem with GUNZ is that the people who win on a regular basis are those who use an unattended to exploit in the games system known more commonly as the K-style way of play. Soon as I encountered this and was told this was the way to win consistently, I quit playing the game. However the game is quite fun to play and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys  Rakion or the FPS round style of play. Good movement, shooting and fast paced gunplay in general.

-Kash-

• dacrazyboidacrazyboi Member Posts: 75

Gunz, MapleStory, Gunbound [even though stupid WC came out], WOW, and a lot more...but those I can only think of at this moment.

Gunz is not dying -__- the servers still get full, even at 1 A.M. <><>International
    MapleStory...it's known as the "Korean Drug"...highly addicting
    Gunbound...I enjoy this game when I'm tired of others, however, I don't like stupid WC =[
    WOW...enough said? ::::01::
    ---patiently awaiting for parfait station / RF online to come out---

• CrazyfoolCrazyfool Member Posts: 151

Originally posted by Kashius

The problem with GUNZ is that the people who win on a regular basis are those who use an unattended to exploit in the games system known more commonly as the K-style way of play. Soon as I encountered this and was told this was the way to win consistently, I quit playing the game. However the game is quite fun to play and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys  Rakion or the FPS round style of play. Good movement, shooting and fast paced gunplay in general.
    -Kash-

Yes, it is true that K-style started off as an exploit but it adds a whole new level of skill to the game. I think without this exploit the game would be very boring and die out quick, can you imagine how boring it would be to watch 16 sprayers slowly kill themselves?

To the comment that Gunz is dieing, this statement could not be any further from the truth, currently the servers are all full and it takes about 5-10 minutes to get in. If anyone is looking for a fun game to pass the time away i strongly recommend Gunz. I, for one, cant wait until the quests and such are released in game!

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

GUNZ IS NOT AN MMORPG IT IS A DEATHMATCH there are only rooms you join to kill eachother

THERE IS NO EXPLORING there is only killing

Fighting is o.k. it gets too easy and boring after awhile, i quit after the first week

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -