Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about the graphics of FF online

7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318
I was just curious, I have never played the game. But since it was released quiet awhile go in Japan before it came to the States, and now its been a few years here, how are the graphics holding up to todays top MMorpg's. EQ2, WoW, COH, Lineage 2 etc......?

Also do they update the graphics any? Or plan on updateing the engine or graphics?

Thanks

Comments

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by 7Fold
    I was just curious, I have never played the game. But since it was released quiet awhile go in Japan before it came to the States, and now its been a few years here, how are the graphics holding up to todays top MMorpg's. EQ2, WoW, COH, Lineage 2 etc......?Also do they update the graphics any? Or plan on updateing the engine or graphics?Thanks

Personally I think they look pretty good. Maybe not quite up there technically with the latest and greatest, but it's good work and it shows. There have been no updates to the graphics, but they are in fact planning a minor upgrade with the Xbox 360 release; nothing big, but they will be increasing the possible draw distance. There's no major engine update planned, remember, a large proportion of users (particularly in Japan) play this on a PS2.

Chris Mattern

• VelcroyVelcroy Member Posts: 93

I would have to agree that the graphics are really good. Something SE did great was create a BELEIVEABLE world with a fantasy theme. What I mean by that is, obviously, things like elvaan and goblins and galkans are all fantasy based. But SE rendered their gear and environment as such that it makes sense, and you could actually beleive that the world is real.

Don't worry, I'm not dillusional or anything, but they handled the graphics wonderfully, much better than WoW in my opinion. I feel like that game is more like a comic book with over-saturated colors.

• PapercutbldsPapercutblds Member Posts: 11

Well WoW was supposed to look like that.

Did you play Warcraft III?

They were trying to keep it the same kind of style and i think that it works very well. I mean yea i can see the comic book look but the definitly keep there look orginal another reason i love it.

• VelcroyVelcroy Member Posts: 93
    Nah, I never played Warcraft 3. I understand it is just a stylized difference. Some people love it (like my brother), but personally, I just an environment that feels more "real-world". But hey, "different strokes for different folks."
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

well the Graphics are pretty outdated. you won't find an EQ or UO outdated game, but you certainly can't expect a WoW,Everquest 2 or Lineage 2 graphics. the animations on the other hand are top class and i have yet to see any other mmorpg to see them do better. for one, the character models actually hit the enemy, and just....well I don't know, you have to see for yourself. combat actually looks like combat. tough the slow part of the combat really did it for me.

• OwiranOwiran Member Posts: 22

Im thinking of getting this game, so I did a benchmark on my dads computer. It ran high resolution without much slowdown and the graphics are excellent on it. As soon as I get my computer running with my new parts it will probably run it like solitare.