Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free starter kits at electronics boutiqe lol

Went to pick up DOA 4 today for the 360 and guess whats sitting on the counter? Free starter kits with free 10 day trials these werent boxed starter kits either they were just the cd in a cheap paper wrapping (like an AOL cd) they had about 20 of them piled up on the counter asking people who bought items if they wanted them lol guess they cant even give the game away.

Die SWG die muhahaa image

Comments

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

lol trying to give SWG away... hack.. last night i was talking to my friend and he wanted to play SWG again and he forgot his account, and he ask me for his account name and pass because i used it... and i told him the game is trash and i promise you wont want to play it...

and even if i do remember the account and pass i won't give it to you for your own protection

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    You sure it's not the free trial they're giving away?  Just saving people the bother of having to download it.  WoW is doing the same thing.

• MerodocMerodoc Member Posts: 227
    Though your PC Gamer periodical may not have arrived, included in the monthly demo disk is Star Wars Galaxies. I am not sure which expansions it contains; I believe it has Jump to Lightspeed but neither of the two newer ones, as they wouldn't fit on the allotted disk.

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
    - Edward R. Murrow

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    It's just the trial lol instead of having to download it. image

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

You gotta hand it SOE they're going all-out with the advertising.

And where was this advertising when the game was first realsed. Wasnt much of anything. The people who jumped in the game were the ones who had been waiting on the edge of their seats for it for a year (ah those were days). Makes me wonder what it may have been like if they had had TV adds back then.

Maybe back then they thought that Starwars fans would just intuitively know that there was such a thing as SWG. A "build it and they will come" sort of attitude.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Next.. mailed to your door every 3 days with the AOL disks!

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0