Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW Battlefront 2

Battlefront 2 is the greatest 3rd person shooter out.  It is amazing of the variety of gameplay available, especially for the star wars nerds like me. 

Comments

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

Single player, SW: Battlefront 2 is okay. Online, SW: Battlefront 2 is laggy and swarmed with little kids. If you want a good online 3rd person shooter, go with Socom 3.

• Mikesta707Mikesta707 Member Posts: 338

go with WoW...

Am I ever wrong??

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by ready2riot
    Battlefront 2 is the greatest 3rd person shooter out.  It is amazing of the variety of gameplay available, especially for the star wars nerds like me. 

ok first off if it didnt have the star wars liscense that game would be in the 5 dollar junk pile at EB games.

and it doesnt really have the variety in gameplay that CS,UT2k4, Quake(even quake 3) have.

the graphics are modern at best, nothing compared to fear, quake, HL2, and hell even doom 3 and that came out 2 years ago.

and it just isnt innovative not at all. at best it is a melting pot of other sucessful games with the star wars liscense.

and the online servers are the worst servers available, they are laggy, disconnects arent uncommon at all, and they dont even have a real ranking system that puts players of equal skill into the same servers like more intelligent games do.

so please all star wars icons aside what is so great about this game?

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• demonicdemondemonicdemon Member Posts: 150

doom 3 is no where near as good as BF2 and socom 3 is not the greatest game either

but thats my opinion

take what you can but not what isn't yours. "fight to the end and never give your enemy the satisfaction of victory"

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

For me BF2 is the best online shooter Ive played...

Id really like to see 2 things though....

First would be a cmapign type mode of some description where an attacking side has to complete like 10 maps leading to some overall objective with variable degrees of victory.... ranging from like... wiped on the first map to total victory after 10 straight wins and some points in between with bonus scores and badges etc... Ultimately Id like to see BF2 using a more WW2 online in a modern setting type game model. Some sort of persistent world with the BF2 engine would seriously kick ass and would definately get my monthly dollars.

Secondly Id like to see people get over the mindless run and gun from flag to flag gameplay style Im seeing now. It really makes me scratch my head when I see people leave a flag they just took and race off to the next one, only to drive past an enemy on the way out who you KNOW is gonna recap the place right behind you. I understand its about racking up points... but its just so mindless...

Im looking more for the kind of pitched battles you get in places like the bridge to the industrial area on the Kirkand map... when conditions are right there you can have USA and Mech squaring off over that bridge for 10-15 mins at a time with 25+ players each side going at it..... now THATS more like it. Also even though I dont like Wake as a map it provides omse of the best head to head fighting in that sense and sets the scene for how the game could be if people played it properly...

but.... um.... I havnt played SWG BF yet image

Sorry for the thread jack image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

I hate Battlefront 2's animations, makes it look like everyone is warping around, very choppy work. I also prefer a bit more strategy, battlefront just seems like a zerg fest most the time. I also hate that after they release the game is just no longer on the devs radar, no patches no nothing.

I own both battlefront 2 and battlefield 2, I prefer battlefield.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• fawdfawd Member Posts: 367

Originally posted by Mikesta707

go with WoW...

WoW sucks!  EQ2 is better!  imageimageimageimage

Sorry, couldnt resist imageimageimage

But yes, Battlefront is just an amazing series in general.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• ready2riotready2riot Member Posts: 32
    I agree with the lagging issues online, but I play with friends, and the assualt mode in Mos Eisley is amazing, I mean, you can pick any hero or villian you want.
  • SackynutSackynut Member Posts: 558

Yep,im gonna have to go with Battlefield 2 (even though its first person, and not third). I LOVE IT! Battlefront 2 is ok, but I agree, if it didnt have the Star Wars liscense it wouldnt be much.

Originally posted by ready2riot
    I agree with the lagging issues online, but I play with friends, and the assualt mode in Mos Eisley is amazing, I mean, you can pick any hero or villian you want.

OH MY GOD ANY HERO OR VILLAIN?????

wait wait that sounds like

EVERY MOVIE BASED GAME TO DATE.

that was in goldeneye. its not original thats not something they should be proud of it should be expected.

but star wars fans really have low standards when it comes to video games <cough> jedi battles the crappy star wars fighting game.

and really the episode 3 game wasnt good but still on the release date every friggin fan comes in and buys it.......

they really should expect better.