Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ryzom

Can't figure out how this thing got such a high review when the CS department appear to be mercenary and dumb.

Seriously, I went in to sign up about 4 months ago and they wanted ALL my card details in advance which I wasn't too keen on supplying just to play a FREE trial.

My girlfriend settled on DAOC instead and after getting 3 chars to level 50 in no time decided to go back and try the Ryzom free offer.

Well gee whiz. It appears my incomplete signup got put through WITHOUT C/card details and now I am no longer entitled to a free trial.

I left email asking them why this couldn't be reset and was told there is nothing they can do and I would have to buy the game and PAY for time online.

All I can say is, pretty game, original concept sure doesn't cut it with the CS they have. No wonder there are LOW numbers in the game nobody wants to give C/card details to people who are as strange as that...  Their CS sure doesn't make you feel WANTED let alone try and help and this is BEFORE you start playing?

I only hope they are reading this site, maybe they will wake upo to themselves.

Please rerate it at an acceptable level 8.0 is way too high for such poor performers.

Wazzar

Comments

• Ra'veRa've Member Posts: 203

Most games require CC info for the trials. They want to make sure you are ABLE to PAY them if you decide to stick around.Ryzom is a game that has a pretty goos reputation why would they want to jack your one measly credit card? ::::12::

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Yesterday I was playing when suddenly an idea hit me. So I submitted a ticket with my idea included. Not 5 minutes later, a GM teleports in front of me and says something like this:

"Hello Wrython, I was wondering if you had a moment to talk."

I was dumbfounded, but managed to type a "Of course!" He continues:

"I just wanted to let you know that I like your idea and have sent it to the devs to take a look at it."

So I said "Thanks so much for your time." He then waved and bid me farewell.

I've been playing for about a month and I can't count on 1 hand how many times I've seen GMs in game talking to and helping people.

Needless to say, I gave this game a perfect 10 for customer service.

Almost all games require a CC for a trial btw, not a big deal. Even if you decide to continue playing, the client is free and you only have to pay $15/month.

Joined - July 2004

• rushinrushin Member Posts: 184

Ryzom has without a doubt the best CSR team out there. Apart from being scarily prompt when replying to tickets/forum posts/klients they also go out of there way to help. This isnt just a fanboi attitude ask any SoR player and they will tell u the same.

I know it's fun to flame, but i think u are way off the mark here. 10 is much too low a score for the support in this game.

• voodookhanvoodookhan Member Posts: 267

It sucks that the OP had such a bad experience, but that is certainly NOT the norm in Ryzom. I left the game because the gameplay didn't appeal to me (really liked the crafting tho) and I couldn't con any friends into playing it :D but it certainly was not because of the CS or the community. Everybody was willing to help you and the GMs were right there when you submitted a ticket.

--------------
    Played: Age of Conan, DDO, Saga of Ryzom, SWG, DaOC, MxO, EQ2, and so on...
    Wish List: Jumpgate Evolution, Star Wars: TOR, Star Trek

• KibsKibs Member Posts: 411

I am sorry you seem to have had problems, but in my years of experience, the GMs are top rate. They always always respond within 5minutes with a helpful solution to any problem tickets I may send, they are always polite and give 24/7/365 cover of the shards. I had a friend who had an issue with creating his account, I told him to send a mail to [email protected] and he got a helpful response in 30minutes that solved his problem. No standadised responses, just helpful advice. And You can hear this from generally anyone in the community you speak to.

I suggest you contact them about any issues you may have. I am sorry you seem to have experienced some problems. But don't say the CS staff are rubbish, because they arn't, in all the experiences I have had, they are top notch.

-----------------

Kibs

Playing: The Saga of Ryzom since march 2004

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Hi Wazzar, sorry to hear you had such a hard time :(. I do have to say though, I have to agree with the last few posts. I played SoR for only about a month, the game wasn't for me but the experiences I had with their CS was by far the best I've ever had out of any game I've ever played online, and I've played a few.

That certainly doesn't take away from your negative experience though, it sucks just the same. I suggest maybe giving them a second chance, Email their support staff once again and try to detail everything you've gone through, I'm 99.9% positive they will try to do something to help you.

Either way, best of luck in the future.