Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pretty low servers!! must see

one afternoon i was bored so i log on SWG and wanted to see how it was doing and this what i found. i couldn't believe my eyes,  when i saw it...

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/9248/lowservers4js.jpg

its Dead Jim!

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Comments

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

that must have been like 8 in the morning on a monday. From what im seeing the servers are vibrant with life. Almost every server is medium and some are heavy.

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486
    not really.. i think it was in the afternoon sometime,,

• jmd10222jmd10222 Member Posts: 427

Ouch image well thats what SOE gets for screwing there customers. mabey this will teach not only them, but all the Devs out there what can happen if you dont listen to your PAYING customers.

PS i hope lucas can sue them or somthing for it LOL and sell the licnese to a Dev that will make the game that this one should have been.

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486
    i hope Lucas also sues SOE also.... and lucas finds some one else who CARES!!!! about there players!!!

• antarexantarex Member Posts: 14

From what im seeing the servers are vibrant with life. Almost every server is medium and some are heavy.
    SOE has full control over setting what threshold should determine "medium" and "heavy", etc. People have been travelling to all planets to locate as many people as possible, and it doesn't seem that the load levels really match up with what you see in the game.
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Nasedoo
    i hope Lucas also sues SOE also.... and lucas finds some one else who CARES!!!! about there players!!!

Heh, LucasArts are not the saints you make them out to be.  They are the ones behind the NGE, afterall :)  Julios, LA guy, is the lead designer of the NGE.

• antarexantarex Member Posts: 14

Heh, LucasArts are not the saints you make them out to be. They are the ones behind the NGE, afterall :) Julios, LA guy, is the lead designer of the NGE.
    This is very important to remember.
  • duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670

Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by Nasedoo

Heh, LucasArts are not the saints you make them out to be.  They are the ones behind the NGE, afterall :)  Julios, LA guy, is the lead designer of the NGE.

For the first time I (partially) agree with Obraik.  LA are no saints and everyone that has experience with other games that they've licensed should know (Kotor 2 anyone?).  But I don't think LA are the ones solely behind the NGE.  The way I see it, a meeting between SOE and LA goes like this:

Smedley: Julio, we've come up with these changes that we believe will sucker more people into the game.  They are still on Alpha, buggy as hell and they will push the vets out of the game.  We will have to sacrifice 21 professions, just leaving the "Star Warsy ones".  Who the hell wants to be Uncle Owen anyway?!

Julio: Will I be able to buy a new Ferrari for Xmas?

Smedley: I insist on it!

Julio: Push it live next week!

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

They should leave it upto the devs tbh :

If the devs got a chance to say whats going in then everything would be fine and they wudnt leave.

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2