Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arrrrrrgh! Cheesed off!

AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

So I thought I'd play some WoW again, I grab my box, take the CDs out and start installing. Now here is where my problem starts and ends.

EVERY SINGLE TIME the third cd has finished (just before it asks for the 4th cd), I gives me this shitty error!

image The file "E:Installer Tome 3.mpq" could not be opened, because an error -2062548861 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (OpenArchive::Execute)

Now the really annoying thing is I can only post it here, as my account is still frozen, and I can't post it on the forums. Last thing I wanna do is re-subscribe and realise that it still won't install. Any ideas? image

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

Comments

• Dru998Dru998 Member CommonPosts: 85

Could be bad RAM, if you have more than one piece take some out and try it again.  I had this problem and it was due to having 1 piece of bad RAM.  I took out the old one and it worked fine. 

Hope that helps image.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    Science has never proven that what we see in front of us is in fact real.

• WordaenWordaen Member Posts: 203

Are you installing the game on a CD burner or a regular CD-ROM? Some burners have issues reading some CDs. You can also try booting into safe mode and installing the game that way. I would hazard a guess that there is a piece of software loaded that is interacting with your install or there is a corrupt temp file, hence the error on that one file.

Try safe mode, delete your temp files (if there is a corrupt one, that will also do this kind of thing), delete cookies and try the install again.

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by Dru998

Could be bad RAM, if you have more than one piece take some out and try it again.  I had this problem and it was due to having 1 piece of bad RAM.  I took out the old one and it worked fine. 
    Hope that helps image.

Mmm I did buy a 1gb stick of Ram in September...maybe that's it, I'll give that a go in a min

Wordaen: I'm installing it from the WoW discs, they aren't burnt. The only prob I can think of is that I bought it in February, and that was when they had 4 discs inside it. Nowadays they have 5, which has the patches in it. That wouldn't affect it would it? image

Ok well I just tore out one of the ram sticks, re-installed and got the same error...

The file "E:Installer Tome 3.mpq" could not be opened, because an error -2062548861 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (OpenArchive::Execute)

Surely this has happened to someone, can anybody help :(

• killermattkillermatt Member Posts: 8

Maybe you could try downloading the game if your disc has an error because it could be a scratch. Downloading the trail downloads the game then you might beable to use your old account on that

imageimageimageimageimageimage

u should try it

• WordaenWordaen Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Anageth
    Originally posted by Dru998
    Could be bad RAM, if you have more than one piece take some out and try it again. I had this problem and it was due to having 1 piece of bad RAM. I took out the old one and it worked fine.
    Hope that helps image.
    Mmm I did buy a 1gb stick of Ram in September...maybe that's it, I'll give that a go in a min
    Wordaen: I'm installing it from the WoW discs, they aren't burnt. The only prob I can think of is that I bought it in February, and that was when they had 4 discs inside it. Nowadays they have 5, which has the patches in it. That wouldn't affect it would it? image

I understand that you're installing from the original disks. What I meant was are you putting the disks in the regular CD-ROM drive or a CD-RW drive? :)

• Dru998Dru998 Member CommonPosts: 85

Hmmm... it is often hard to tell what piece of RAM is bad, you can try different combo's and see if that works.  ( When the problem happened to me it was more than just WoW that would mess up it was anything with a big install.)

Also you can:  Goto Run, then type msconfig then goto services tab, click hide all microsft services, then disable all.  That will stop all non microsoft services.  To get them back on go back into msconfig and just hit enable all.  My guess is that maybe some other program is interfering with the WoW installer.

Hope that helpsimage.

*edit* the first info I gave was not rightimage.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    Science has never proven that what we see in front of us is in fact real.

Finally got it to work this morning, I had the stick of RAM out and was installing in safe mode. No problems at all.

Thanks for the help. image