Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new alliance race and this is not a joke :/

L0k1-L0k1- Member Posts: 240

ok so it seems Alliance will receive the Draenei as new race, you can read here all about it, also check out the scans from the magazine.

this will probably be right, because i don't think a gaming magazine will post wrong information, especially if it's this big :o

Dranei :x

so anyone happy or not? i really hoped the rumor about the Nightcry Worgen was true :(

Comments

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Not confirmed. So it's not for sure.

This is kind of what I expected. This is one of the mob races you have killed the fewest of, if some at all. Most other races suggested where either mobs or completely new ones. Wouldn't fit very well that the new alliance race is a mob that you have spent killing all the way from 1-60.
    It's also good for the horde/alliance ratio. Much more people will roll horde now.

If this is confirmed by Blizzard I give them a:

::::28:: ::::20::

• TheroosterTherooster Member UncommonPosts: 70

Nothing concrete here.  Just one magazine's claim and Blizzard saying, "We haven't told anybody what it is, so don't be fooled."

My guess is it will be firbolgs.  They're monstrous (to counter the 'pretty' sun elves).  They used to be good but were corrupted.  And it seems even more telling all the new Timbermaw faction stuff that has been flooding patches lately.  Thye have a neat little cave town that wouldn't be hard to expand and have the 'newb' exit be somewhere in Darkshore to line up with the 10-20 level quests on that side of the world (which would make sense since the sun elves are placed near the undead--the horde faction all by it's lonesome').

I could be waaaaay off.  But logically speaking it seems the most plausible right now, IMO.

EDIT:  Let's not forget that the Draenei in WoW are stranded.  The quests you get from the one guy are to find pieces of that shard thing so he can return to outworld (and the wandering ones you kill are supposedly searching for the same).  So for them to have established a city and all that stuff that goes with it in the main world would sort of butcher a bit of the storylines/lore.

Originally posted by Therooster
    But logically speaking it seems the most plausible right now, IMO.

Not really. Furbolgs are a rep grind mob. They won't make the new race, a race that everyone has killed about 1 million times.

• TheroosterTherooster Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by Phoenixs

Originally posted by Therooster
    But logically speaking it seems the most plausible right now, IMO.

Not really. Furbolgs are a rep grind mob. They won't make the new race, a race that everyone has killed about 1 million times.

I see where your coming from...but so are orcs, undead & humans.  If your talking factions vs races then keep in mind many of the orcs you kill are Blackrock or the ones from that cult I can't remember.  The firbolgs you kill are corrupted and not part of the Timbermaw faction.  I mean, heck.  the first 4 or 5 undead quests revolve around killing 'tainted' undead. 

I don't see them being rep grind mobs hampering them from being the new race at all.

• L0k1-L0k1- Member Posts: 240

there was also a forum post from someone on some other forum that it would be the Nightcry Worgen, and they would start behind the Greymane Wall in Silverpine Forest in Gil'neas :)

Nightcry Worgen

Ahh well i hope Blizzard is gonna tell us soon :) i thought they also said at BlizzCon that with patch 1.9 it would give more hints about the new alliance race :x

damnit so many rumors ::::16::

• battleaxe22battleaxe22 Member UncommonPosts: 303

a friend of mine is a dev at blizz ..and yes ..the race is dranei

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    Ugh I hope thats not the new alliance race image
  • dolente20dolente20 Member Posts: 36
    if thats true, then the only reason they did that was to balance horde and alliance cuz no1 will play them
  • RebornDragonRebornDragon Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by L0k1-

ok so it seems Alliance will receive the Draenei as new race, you can read here all about it, also check out the scans from the magazine.
    this will probably be right, because i don't think a gaming magazine will post wrong information, especially if it's this big :o
    Dranei :x
    so anyone happy or not? i really hoped the rumor about the Nightcry Worgen was true :(

I am going to quote Eyonix in a Sticky he made on the WoW General Forums.

[quote]

Since our official announcement at BlizzCon concerning the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion pack, we've seen a great deal of speculation regarding what race players believe might be available to the Alliance faction. This topic has revealed itself to be both highly debatable and exciting, and we're definitely pleased to see so much interest surrounding this particular future addition to the game.

With that being said, we wanted to take this time to remind everyone that we have not provided any information or made any announcements concerning the new Alliance race to any Web sites, magazines, or other media sources. While we don’t want to discourage you from continuing your discussions on this matter, we ask that you keep that bit of information in mind. When we’re ready to announce the new race, we’ll eagerly share as much information as we can with everyone on our community site.

[/quote]

Now, take that with what you will. I for one do not think the new race will be Dranei.

• RebornDragonRebornDragon Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by battleaxe22

a friend of mine is a dev at blizz ..and yes ..the race is dranei

It is pretty easy to say you have a friend that works for Blizzard that is a Dev. I think people would believe you more if you added proof to your claim, which you have none of it seems, besides you saying you have a WoW Dev as a friend.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509
    Can anyone help me out here :) and tell me what the heck the Draenie are ? links to lore, pictures, helpfull hints would be much appreciated as I'm a little lost in this one. image

The Draenei are one of the three primary races native to Draenor, the others being the Orcs and the Ogres. They once populated the planet heavily, but were slaughtered by the Orcs shortly after their corruption by the Warlock Gul'dan.

After the Dark Portal was destroyed, Draenor collapsed in on itself and what remained was a sundered mass of planetary debris and floating asteroids, hovering in stasis within the Twisting Nether. The regions of Draenor that are still habitable are now known as Outland. Draenor wasn't the only thing to change in this ordeal, as the Draenei were also sundered in the process. They were formerly very human-looking, with fair greenish skin, but the irradiation of the collapsing energies of the Dark Portal and the sundering of their world mutated them into the aged, weathered creatures they are today.

They were thought to have become extinct after their genocide by the orcs, but Illidan and his forces discovered and liberated one of the last surviving Draenei villages in Outland. They are known for being great spies and assassins as their warriors can Shadowmeld at all times of day, even while moving. They are currently ruled by Akama, the Elder Sage, and are allied with Illidan's Naga and Blood Elves.

The Draenei are consumed by an unquenchable bloodlust whenever they know Orcs are near, as they are bitter enemies.

A small band of Draenei were led through the Dark Portal by a few unknown leaders with the hopes of finding a new life, and have settled in the Swamp of Sorrows. Unfortunately, most of them were driven mad due to homesickness, and now attack anyone and everyone on sight. The few sane ones that remain are led by Magtoor, and they remember their noble roots and survive in the swamp in opposition of their mad brethren. The mad Draenei are called "The Lost Ones" in memory of their old homeworld.

Might find some stuff here too:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/story/

Hope this helps :::^D::

• battleaxe22battleaxe22 Member UncommonPosts: 303

Believe me or not ..its your choice :)... stop and think ..what race could fit the alliance ? ...the dranei hate the orcs ..so they teamup with da leet alliance to kill them ...I`ve read the warcraft books and played all games..and seriously... no other race could fit the alliance ::::31::::::24::::::20::::::20::

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402
    World of Warcraft is a game of beauty. They shouldn't and probably won't have Draenei because they are just so horrid looking. I do see that Draenei is ridiculously the most probable of races, I mean which one would fit the expansion best? The Draenei would because they are from the Outlands, just recently discovered. I hope its the pandaren and that picture with the pandaren was really accurate and just because something was misspelled. I heard from a guy that it was Worgen as well, but I don't see them as that because they are a regular mob and they aren't very bipedal, they walk and act like animals. They are pretty cool looking though.
  • dreadmare94dreadmare94 Member Posts: 5
    ok for one that was a snapshot from WoW and as i saw it it was an enemy so why the hell would they put a monster as a playable race which you could kill it doesnt make centsimage its so easy too catch its dum you cant play as that race and no proof can make it that
  • jmd10222jmd10222 Member Posts: 427
    If this is true im gonna be sooooo pissed and so are alot of other people will be as well.
  • porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516

Well, according to this article it is the Draenei...

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/finally-new-wow-race-revealed-145570.php

And I think I'll be quitting now. 

This, to me, proves how lazy they are going to be with this expansion... 

First off no new classes.  Would it have hurt to add at least one new class to each side.  And second of all the two races they are making playable are already in the game.  They don't even have to make new character models.  Just strap some undyable clothes on what's already there and put the camera position behind them. 

How disappointing.  I was expecting more from the expansion, but the more I read about it it's nothing new except some other places to explore and 10 more levels to go through.  image

-----------------------
    </OBAMA>

• jmd10222jmd10222 Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by porgie

Well, according to this article it is the Draenei...
    http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/finally-new-wow-race-revealed-145570.php

And I think I'll be quitting now. 

This, to me, proves how lazy they are going to be with this expansion... 

First off no new classes.  Would it have hurt to add at least one new class to each side.  And second of all the two races they are making playable are already in the game.  They don't even have to make new character models.  Just strap some undyable clothes on what's already there and put the camera position behind them. 

How disappointing.  I was expecting more from the expansion, but the more I read about it it's nothing new except some other places to explore and 10 more levels to go through.  image

yeah it sucks bad that they didnt add any new classes. and if they go with the draenei thats just a huge cop out.  I mean i can see Blood Elves they are cool and have a good story line behind them but the Draenei?? come on thats just stupid, i know they are refugees from the burning legion but you have to think about if players would acctually wanna play them.
  • L0k1-L0k1- Member Posts: 240

what i still don't get is that if draenei are going to be the new alliance race, why would they kill their former allies the Blood Elves that saved them on Draenor.

then again i still don't get it that your gonna have to fight Kael'thas the blood elf prince in tempest keep, one of the new instances in Draenor. i mean why would a blood elf from the horde try to kill their own leader? ::::37::

• pooblapoobla Member Posts: 41

People. Think about the drenei. they are dark, evil and allies with the blood elves. Blizzard cant put 2 allied races on different factions. I actually think the fubolgs are the ally race.

• Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336

Wow, you guys have to bring the new race discussion here? I see it so many times in game I didn't think anyone was lame enough to post it on these fourms. Quite frankly I find it funny that people make such a big deal about when a new race is going to be made for a mmo. And anyone can make claims that they have a friend working for blizzard just so they can say what the new race will really be makes it even more funny. I'm just going to be patient and wait for the expansion to be relased, then laugh at all the people who said it would be "this race" but it turned out to be a different one :P

• ManteesMantees Member UncommonPosts: 37

OGRank has the same news also!
    Linkage: http://www.ogrank.com/content/view/121/39/

--
    OGRank.com - Online Games News

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Those Drenei are ugly as sin. I'd play one in a heartbeat. image

Joined - July 2004

• fruitman223fruitman223 Member Posts: 6

So many people like to say they know what the new race is.