Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You think if there is a god...

That we're not suposed to know God exists, if we knew then there would be no free will?

After all he gave us free will, so God wants us to doubt the existance of God?

Personally i don't belive in God. There are things that do exist that we don't know though. So how can we say things do or do not exist?

Just a thought

---------------------------------------------
Don't click here...no2

Comments

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Deep.....

But actually you dont need to even consider it.

If mankind just follws its nose we are only doing the same as any other species. The goal is survival.

Spirituality is a luxury our species cant really afford.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Survival is a natural instinct, if it wasn't then we would have to think "i need to breathe now".

God is us wanting there to be something after we die. We can't accept that when we die, thats it.

I'm scared to die, only because it's the unknown

Don't click here...no2

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

I do not like Hospitals because of "survival of the fittest"

If someone has something wrong with them then they should die to make our speicies stronger and we do not carry that onto other people :)

Because we cheat death and slow down that process, we're causing the distruction of our own race.

Don't click here...no2

• Mikesta707Mikesta707 Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by scaramoosh
    I do not like Hospitals because of "survival of the fittest"

If someone has something wrong with them then they should die to make our speicies stronger and we do not carry that onto other people :)
    Because we cheat death and slow down that process, we're causing the distruction of our own race.

As someone that almost died in a hospital, i can not and will not agree with that. If everyone that had something wrong with them just died then we would have, how many, like 3 people that consist of the human race. So to say that people getting better in hospitals makes our human race weaker is nonsense. humans have a natural extinct to survive any way possible, as do most animals. Why do you think that even the sick gazelles run when a lion tries to eat them. They dont want to die...

Am I ever wrong??

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Free will is the choice of picking one of two roads. One being the antithesis of the other. Doubt to belief, faith to hopelessness, etc.

For the most part, those that believe in God, or a god, have only faith.

Not many people are akin to Moses where they're speaking to the embodiment of God on earth.

Saying something does, or does not exist, takes faith on both sides. It's the faith of "I'm right. They're wrong."

Life is faith, simple as that. I still haven't been able to prove that myself, or anyone else exists. I guess I just live my life by faith.

Razor, survival of the fittest, and an unaffordable luxury...Hrm. The words "Man does not live by bread alone" come to mind.image

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

Originally posted by Finwe

Razor, survival of the fittest, and an unaffordable luxury...Hrm. The words "Man does not live by bread alone" come to mind.image

If it was Pizza Bread it might work image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

Originally posted by Razorback
    Razor, survival of the fittest, and an unaffordable luxury...Hrm. The words "Man does not live by bread alone" come to mind.imageIf it was Pizza Bread it might work image

lol
    ::::27::

Am I ever wrong??

• DaEm0nDaEm0n Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by scaramoosh

That we're not suposed to know God exists, if we knew then there would be no free will?
    After all he gave us free will, so God wants us to doubt the existance of God?

Personally i don't belive in God. There are things that do exist that we don't know though. So how can we say things do or do not exist?

Just a thought

How do you think the universe was created? Out of nothing? Big Bang Theory, for example?

If you do, you violate the first law of thermodynamics which states "energy and matter are neither created nor destroyed."

Sorry, im like in nerd mode right now. image

This siggy is CGI that my cousin made in 4 hours.

• Teddy3157Teddy3157 Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by DaEm0n
    How do you think the universe was created? Out of nothing? Big Bang Theory, for example?
    If you do, you violate the first law of thermodynamics which states "energy and matter are neither created nor destroyed."

I think the big bang theory actually states that all matter was condensed into some ridiculously small thing which... one day decided to explode. It wasnt just created suddenly, it was all there, just all in one place.

Kinda stupid but whatever...

Originally posted by Teddy3157

I think the big bang theory actually states that all matter was condensed into some ridiculously small thing which... one day decided to explode. It wasnt just created suddenly, it was all there, just all in one place.

Ah! But, the universe was in a destructive state and went to a normal sociey over some billion years. THAT itself violates the second law of thermodynamics which states "the universe will go from order to disorder over time." (^_^) Can't go backwards.

Once again, nerd mode.

• Teddy3157Teddy3157 Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by Teddy3157 Originally posted by DaEm0nHow do you think the universe was created? Out of nothing? Big Bang Theory, for example?If you do, you violate the first law of thermodynamics which states "energy and matter are neither created nor destroyed." Sorry, im like in nerd mode right now. image
    Ah! But, the universe was in a destructive state and went to a normal sociey over some billion years. THAT itself violates the second law of thermodynamics which states "the universe will go from order to disorder over time." (^_^) Can't go backwards.
    Once again, nerd mode.

I got nothin on this one.

Originally posted by Teddy3157 Originally posted by DaEm0nHow do you think the universe was created? Out of nothing? Big Bang Theory, for example?If you do, you violate the first law of thermodynamics which states "energy and matter are neither created nor destroyed." Sorry, im like in nerd mode right now. image
    Once again, nerd mode.

oh dam. pwned

Am I ever wrong??

• mister_GuSmister_GuS Member Posts: 811

wow that IS deep

but i stick to my religion and even if there is no logical explination for it

i stick by it and back it up ( catholic)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
    120 gigs of HD

REMEMBER: He who hates the beaner, Will loose his WIENER!

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

If god is all knowing then there is no free will.
    If god is not all knowing then he(or she, niether would suffice since it's bringing god down to our level but just for the sake of discussing let's not care) is not really god.

Blah Blah Blah, I've taken philosophy and religon courses too ::::28::. If you actaully want to have this kind of discussion(and not just flaunting off how superior your wisdom is to the rest of the MMO community) you might look for a Philosophy forum with people who major in thinking into stuff way too much. You'll get a better grasp of such things from there than you would a forum with a bunch of gaming nerds ::::01::.

As for my religion, after spending a term studying several of them I prefer Hinduism.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

Well, this IS the off topic forum. image hehe

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

You do not need to be a philosophier or critical thinker to be able to disscuss or find the answer to free will. Just do a little experiment. Place an apple and an orrange down on the table. Then choose the one you want to eat. There you just chose X fruit thanks to free will.

To proove that was free will you can just drop the one you chose and choose the other fruit.

Or hell, eat both fruit.

Or eat neither of the fruit.

Your choice.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by Dinion

If god is all knowing then there is no free will.
    If god is not all knowing then he(or she, niether would suffice since it's bringing god down to our level but just for the sake of discussing let's not care) is not really god.
    Blah Blah Blah, I've taken philosophy and religon courses too ::::28::. If you actaully want to have this kind of discussion(and not just flaunting off how superior your wisdom is to the rest of the MMO community) you might look for a Philosophy forum with people who major in thinking into stuff way too much. You'll get a better grasp of such things from there than you would a forum with a bunch of gaming nerds ::::01::.
    As for my religion, after spending a term studying several of them I prefer Hinduism.

i tried a philosophy board once, it was terrible everyone there uses entirely superfluos words that no one without a damn PHD can understand.

they all take everything too seriously and flame worse then anyone here has ever flamed.

the guy taking the nonexistencial viewpoints will flame the living hell out of the guy taking the existential viewpoint.

and people will defend to the death statements like "john Locke is better then Sun tzu because"

seriously all those boards are is a bunch of big immature idiots who can use fancy words.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

damn double post.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

Originally posted by sidebuster
    You do not need to be a philosophier or critical thinker to be able to disscuss or find the answer to free will. Just do a little experiment. Place an apple and an orrange down on the table. Then choose the one you want to eat. There you just chose X fruit thanks to free will.
    To proove that was free will you can just drop the one you chose and choose the other fruit.
    Or hell, eat both fruit.

Which can be considered the illusion of free will because god already knew you would choose what you chose since forever.

Well, this IS the off topic forum. hehe
    Didn't say you HAD to go just said it would be a better choice if you're really serious about it than an MMO forum would be.

MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

Hehe, but it looks like we already attracted some people who are interested. (^_^)

Originally posted by Vergeltung

i tried a philosophy board once, it was terrible everyone there uses entirely superfluos words that no one without a damn PHD can understand.
    they all take everything too seriously and flame worse then anyone here has ever flamed.
    the guy taking the nonexistencial viewpoints will flame the living hell out of the guy taking the existential viewpoint.
    and people will defend to the death statements like "john Locke is better then Sun tzu because"
    seriously all those boards are is a bunch of big immature idiots who can use fancy words.

These forums look exactly the same to any outsider ::::28::.

"Bunch of people flaming over which game is better!?! I mean WTF man! They keep using these words I don't understand like mob and agro!"

• noname12345noname12345 Member Posts: 2,267

Religion is the MAIN reason why war even exists. To say you understand such a HUGE HUGE concept called God is just a timebomb ready to explode.

I do hold some Buddhist beliefs, and some Pagan beliefs but only because I had those beliefs before I knew of theirs. I just can't believe in a God who sends down his children to Hell. Also Christians give God many Human traits like anger and jealousy but God can't possibly have those because God is perfect and anger is not perfection but actually a flaw.

Originally posted by Vergeltung

Trust me most of them dont understand the words either they just say them to make you think they do.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Saying something does, or does not exist, takes faith on both sides. It's the faith of "I'm right. They're wrong."

In my experience that is not correct, and part of the trouble many people withouth" faith have with people that do.

Most people that do not believe feels "I am right and I just do not care if they are wrong".

Wereas people of religion feels "I am right and they are wrong and they will go to hell for it and it is my duty to save them".

If any true god did exist or any religion was right then there would be no real need for missionaries, faith should come on its own and there would be NO need to TEACH people how to believe in the same thing you do.

The one thing I would say to god if he came to prof his existence to me would be.

"Well then, thats ok, but would you mind telling your followers to stop bothering me about this?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

God wouldn't exist without humans.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

This discussion has been closed.