Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will we see tommorow on the 29th

ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

My first thought when the servers went down was that the game may be down for good as the funding may have been pulled.  But with NP3's announcement that they plan to resell the refunded Pioneer accounts it appears they want to cash in again.

It seems that  almost the entire fanbase has left this game.  There are most likely only a few hundred followers left.  The offical boards has gone down from over a 1000 people viewing at one time to less than a hundred.  The community left is a ragged and immature one.  They are tearing themselves to pieces on the main boards.   If they have any hope of keeping whats left of this community they need to have the servers up tommorow.  No more excuse.   A stable server might even bring some of the more mature players back.   But tommorow appears to be their last chance.  If they don't fix the log in servers even the most faithful and stubborn fans will most likely turn on Farlan with a vengence.

I doubt they did any work on the servers over the holidays.  Meaning they have even less time to fix the stability problems.  If it really is hackers it should be simple to fix if not I don't see anyway they will be able to make this game stable in any reasonable period of time.

So what does everyone expect to see tommorow.  Stable servers, another delay, 12 hours of trying to log in before we learn from some posts on the boards that the server actually never came up or something in between? 

There are not any new games scheduled for release until next spring (DDO) and probably only Vanguard and RFO the rest of the year.  There is no other place for people to go except back to older games.   They could conceivably just shut this thing down for a few months and work on stability and possibly add some content.   That to me would be the best case scenario although I think the game needs to much work for them to make any signifigant progress in a quick enough period of time to save this game.

Tommrow really seems like the beginning of the end.  If there is any hope of this game being salvaged and keeping the fanbase it needs to start tommorow.

What are your thoughts on tommorow?

Comments

• tsr57tsr57 Member Posts: 187

"But with NP3's announcement that they plan to resell the refunded Pioneer accouints it appears they want to cash in again."

you can't be serious..

• KilimKilim Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by tsr57
    "But with NP3's announcement that they plan to resell the refunded Pioneer accouints it appears they want to cash in again."
    you can't be serious..

Yes he is serious.
    http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46578

Wonder when will they make the announcement official for: D&L: SoG "Pioneers" Pt2 ... The Rise of More Suckers of Ganareth!

Fool me once, shame on you! ::::26::
    Fool me twice, shame on me! ::::12::

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

Ok have I gotten things right here, they offer refunds on the pioneer accounts?

If so, there is nothing wrong with that, it's really kind to give refunds to unsatisfied customers. Will stop alot of the whining too which is only good. Even though I would not think it is a reasonable thing to do to give refunds since all who bought bought as a chance of luck if they would like the game or not.

And if they sell the refunded accounts, once again, how is that wrong?

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

Originally posted by DuraheLL
    Ok have I gotten things right here, they offer refunds on the pioneer accounts?
    If so, there is nothing wrong with that, it's really kind to give refunds to unsatisfied customers. Will stop alot of the whining too which is only good. Even though I would not think it is a reasonable thing to do to give refunds since all who bought bought as a chance of luck if they would like the game or not.
    And if they sell the refunded accounts, once again, how is that wrong?

F.A.Q. SETTLERS OF GANARETH
    Can I cancel my order once I’ve submitted it?
    No. Due to several factors, cancelling an order you’ve already submitted will not be possible.

Communication on reimbursement policy
    ... Consequently, we have decided to accept, until the 7th of January (included), all reimbursement requests. ...

You see what I see here?

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    I hope they figured out what's going to be the next excuses, hackers aint gonna work this time.

Good news, everyone.

This is official : the server will be back online at this time : 2.00 PM - (GMT+4).

Please consult this link to identify your time frame.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=0&sec=0&p1=216

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showpost.php?p=831594&postcount=60
    I think that is 5AM EST 12/29/05.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by Kilim

You see what I see here?

Hmmmm, kind of like, they changed their minds?

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

I voted: SoG will be postponed doe less than a week. ( hope Iam worng )

I have a pioneer acount and if I had only Settler I would try to buy pioneer in January.

The main reason I trust in NPCube/Farlan ( trust yes, like NO ) was that they acutaly sold only thos 8881 accounts. If they would like to SCAM users they should just sell as much as possible accounts couse users would not know how much they sold. ( Pioneers accounts was gone in 2 days SOLDED ;) )

And now when they announce that they will refund all unsetisifed pioneers I trust them even more.

Ok what I dont like about them is lack of any info, they announcements are worthles couse at last moment is changed.

Like:
    - Announcment 1: Dark and Light release will be November 2005.
    Late in November another announcment sorry there will be only preoreder and we will give you SoG ( we all know that SoG is just nice word for Open Beta )

- Annoucement 2: SoG servers will start at 24. November and preorders will be avalible 
    Me and a lot of folks waited for accoutns and servers and next day another announcement sorry but SoG servers will be opened in December.

I did not mentioned at least 3 finial release dates during past few years.  

When I first entered SoG i was impressed, they manage to spawn 78xx users at same spot and everything worked. ( yea there was some lag, but i easly left the city )

In my mind they need to fix several minor bugs, beside server stability and the game is playable for few months at least.

p.s. The biggest morons are guys who hate SoG/DnL/Farlan/NPCube/AD and have nothing better to do than to be forum trolls. If I hated SoG I would made one post how I feel about it and then move along.  

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

This is a quote from the link OP provided:

"Latest communication on the reimbursement policy:

Quote:
    We thought it useful to remind you that subscribers to the Pioneers of Ganareth offer have acquired a package, which contains:

- A numbered account and a Dark and Light activation key. The game will be released during April 2006.
    - A one month subscription to Dark and Light.
    - Exclusive advantages in Dark and Light but also in Settlers of Ganareth, and the possibility to transfer part of what they acquired while playing Settlers of Ganareth to Dark and Light when it is released.

They have not, in any way, paid for Settlers of Ganareth. Settlers of Ganareth is a free game to which we have given some restrictive and preferential access, since it is an essential step towards Dark and Light.

The technical problems we have been encountering since the launch of SoG. Especially the massive attacks that have forced us to turn our servers off temporarily may have generated a sense of dissatisfaction that we perfectly understand and that we wish to rectify.

Consequently, we have decided to accept, until the 7th of January (included), all reimbursement requests.

For administrative reasons, we are asking you to please confirm your intent by sending an email to [email protected] and copy-pasting the following sentence: “I the undersigned, Last Name First Name, am asking for the reimbursement of my Dark and Light key, hence for the cancellation of my Pioneers of Ganareth account opened under the name Nickname”.

The accounts that have been repaid will be put back on sale in the course of January for those who were unable to be a part of the first group of Pioneers."

Im selecting a sentence that has aroused my interest:
    Especially the massive attacks that have forced us to turn our servers off temporarily may have generated a sense of dissatisfaction that we perfectly understand and that we wish to rectify.

My question is... What attacks??? Hackers? or those pesky mutant-teen-vampire-space-monkeys again?

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

Originally posted by DuraheLL
    Originally posted by Kilim You see what I see here?Hmmmm, kind of like, they changed their minds?
    Of course they changed their minds.

If you have the following choices what would you do?
    - Pay the people that want a refund directly to reduce cost on refund request?
    - Let the people get their refunds via Click&Buy or their Credit Card Company and be charged additional cost for charge backs?

After enough people being dissatisfied and going thru Click&Buy, I am sure they decided to do the least costly solution of letting the people get their refunds directly from them to save cost.

Notice that they completely backed of their original statement that "it is not possible to get a refund at all".
    I can even show you run around emails I have been given by Farlan when one requested a Refund before they made their new statement below:

kilim
    Posted On: 18 Dec 2005 07:28 PM
    I am wondering how I can get a refund for my Pioneer Pre-order of Dark & Light.

I have decided that I no longer want to have this Pre-order.

This is my Pioneer Pre-order info:

Your Dark and Light key: xxxxxx
    Your Pioneer login: kilim
    You are Pioneer # 2927

I hope this can be made possible, thanks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Dennis
    Posted On: 18 Dec 2005 10:21 PM
    Hello,

Thanks for your email.

We are deeply sorry about the current user identification issues on the server, that prevent you from accessing Ganareth. The whole development team is working hard to solve these issues as soon as possible. However, please remember that SoG is a free gaming session.
    The Pioneer pack purchase is, at first, a Dark and Light key and exclusive Pioneer advantages in Dark and Light, to be released in April 2006. As soon as SoG is available again, you will get your exclusive dragon and will be able to begin your adventure in SoG. More exlcusive gifts will be available during the first phase of this great epic tale.

Regards,

Dennis - Dark and Light support team

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    kilim
    Posted On: 19 Dec 2005 04:32 PM
    So is that a Yes or a No in the ability for me to get a refund?

Quoting Dark and Light Customer Service :

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    kilim
    Posted On: 20 Dec 2005 04:37 PM
    I am still waiting on teh answer if I can be given a Refund for my Pioneer
    Account.
    This is due to teh reason of:
    - Inability to login SoG thru most of the week since Opening day.
    - Delays of opening.
    - Various promised features NOT available as stated.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    kilim
    Posted On: 21 Dec 2005 10:57 AM
    I am still waiting for my reply over a refund ...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Lemon
    Posted On: 26 Dec 2005 07:13 PM
    Hello,

Thanks for your email.
    We have forwarded your request to CnB, and a refund will be sent to you shortly.

Regards,

Lemon - Support Team

Notice the run around statement they sent via email and the way they stop giving a response on the particular email about a refund.
    The last email they gave me was AFTER I went thru Click&Buy to get a refund.

So think about it.

• pcnutpcnut Member Posts: 43

Wonder when will they make the announcement official for: D&L: SoG "Pioneers" Pt2 ... The Rise of More Suckers of Ganareth!
    Fool me once, shame on you! ::::26::
    Fool me twice, shame on me! ::::12::

Oh Kilim, I bin following your posts with interest and now you're reduced to flaming. Why just cuz your opinion is not shared, should you start calling people suckers? Shame on you image

Originally posted by pcnut
    Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me! Oh Kilim, I bin following your posts with interest and now you're reduced to flaming. Why just cuz your opinion is not shared, should you start calling people suckers? Shame on you image

Which part of what I said do you consider flaming?

• BrenthalBrenthal Member Posts: 22
    Shadowbane Rules All Anyways, Come To Where You Belong!!!
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

So what happened?

I went over to the main forums and all I got a very mixed message. Seems the fanboys with Oct and Nov registration date (and more posts than me with my 2003 rgistration date  image) were bragging about getting to play for an hour, and the older group were bitching about  the same old stufff, login errors, server down etc etc.

Not that it matters, looks as if the game has pretty much lost it's steam except for a couple of hundred diehards.

I miss DAoC

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by Jackdog

So what happened?
    I went over to the main forums and all I got a very mixed message. Seems the fanboys with Oct and Nov registration date (and more posts than me with my 2003 rgistration date  image) were bragging about getting to play for an hour, and the older group were bitching about  the same old stufff, login errors, server down etc etc.
    Not that it matters, looks as if the game has pretty much lost it's steam except for a couple of hundred diehards.

I played for 10 minutes this morning.  After getting a refund on my Pioneer acct  I used my freinds free account which she refuses to play.   After 10 minutes I crashed and could not get back on.   They took the servers down most of the day after that.  They came up a couple of hours ago.   It was stable for 1-2 hours and I had no lag.   They added a few spell effects a lvl animation  for yourself and your pet and what seems like a new TLC on mobs.  They added some aggro mobs by the 2 lakes.  The mob placement is still frustrating as there are lvl 35 mobs nect to lvl 3 mobs.  Gameplay and combat are as bad as before.  The mobs seemed to be harder to kill which is very good but there seemed to be a bug where every mob in the area would aggro.   But it was stable and thats a huge step forward.  This is something I didn't think they could do.  Now stable for a couple hours for any otehr game would not mean much but here its like landing a man on the moon.  So my hats off to them.

I think the problem we will see with the stability is people will be able to play the game and thats not good for Farlan.   I wanderded around walking (as I did not have a pioneer dragon anymore and my other pets kept dissapearing) around mostly looking for mobs.  I got to lvl 10 as a DE.  Sorcerer is no longer a class option at lvl 10 for DE.  It seems they have renamed the class Wizard.  Although the skill choices are different than what we had last week.   Overall I would say this is a fantastic day for Farlan.  They were able to bring the servers up and leep them up.  The problem I see is the longer you play the less you want to play.  But regardless of the poor quality of the game it was a major milestone for them.  Although I get the impression when I play that somehow I am witness to a special olympics version of a mmorpg.  Not only did they add some stability but added some new content.  Kudos to Farlan. 

Much better day for SoG than I expected but keep in mind I expected a very bad day.  Now if only I can talk myself into relogging on.   Unfortuntalely the novelty of the game wore off a long time ago for me and I am left with just a poor game.  But I would still like to max out a character before deleting this game from my hard drive.

I did take a look at the official forums and I think you are right Jackdog the results are bad.  People do not seem happy with todays events.  The posts are not positive.   Maybe they are actually playing and not posting or maybe they actually got to play and the grim relaity of the state of the game is smacking them in the head.  I thought today would have been viewed as a very positive day for DnL.  Not only is the game playing stable but they added some content.  Much betetr than anyone could have hoped for.

I noticed the number of forum users is only at 141 right now which is up from yesterday but down from the last day the servers were up and way down from the 1000-2000 people that were viewing it each day when SoG opened.  Either they are actually playing or many of the few left have given up.

Zippy, go try to login with the Pioneer account that you have refunded.
    A couple of peopel I know was able to login even after they have their refunds finalized and money in the bank already.
    I find it quite funny::::28::

Zippy, go try to login with the Pioneer account that you have refunded.
    A couple of peopel I know was able to login even after they have their refunds finalized and money in the bank already.
    I find it quite funny::::28::

Yup it does work.   Maybe they will keep them working until the 7th maybe longer.  They have more pressing issues I would guess than deleting those accounts.
    Way offtopic in a way but I was back over at the DnL forums and I almost feel sorry for those people who still try and defend the game. Not many of the old timers even post over there anymore at all, the posters who still try and defend NP3/Farlan must be absolutely desperate for this game to succeed. I never did Shadowbane but even it has to be better than this thing. 3 weeks since release and less than 12 hours uptime on the server? I am doing a beta of a game which pushed back it's release date that does a heck of a lot better than that. This thing has turned into a bigger train wreck than even I thought it would be.

I miss DAoC

Way offtopic in a way but I was back over at the DnL forums and I almost feel sorry for those people who still try and defend the game. Not many of the old timers even post over there anymore at all, the posters who still try and defend NP3/Farlan must be absolutely desperate for this game to succeed. I never did Shadowbane but even it has to be better than this thing. 3 weeks since release and less than 12 hours uptime on the server? I am doing a beta of a game which pushed back it's release date that does a heck of a lot better than that. This thing has turned into a bigger train wreck than even I thought it would be.

I never imagined DnL could be this bad.  I beta tested Shadowbane and AO which both had very bad stability problems.  But stability problems of a different kind.  It would crash and lag a lot especially when there are lots of people in area.  In the case of AO in the capital cities.  To SoG's credit the lag is not bad. But Shadowbane a year before release was 1000 times a better game than this is now.  Shadowbane had eveything working 8 months before release.  All classes had their skills and almost everything was in the game.  They used that last months to balance classes.  While the game lacked a lot it had a very well done class advancement system.   DnL/SoG on other hand has essentially nothing in the game which is shocking for a game that might release in the next 12 months.   Even if they did add some or most of the promiosed features most likely it will not be well tested or balanced.  Its a disaster waiting to happen.  Most big games now rely on paid testers to essentially test and debug the game.  The closed betas now are generally very close to a finished product.  More done for marketing, stress testing and to find out what features people like and dislike. This game is so far away from being a playable product its really shocking.  

I feel sorry to a certain extent for the fanboys on the main site.  You are right they are desperate for this game to succeed.  They seem to have invested so much of their own personal self worth into being right about DnL.  The way they violently defend the game against all reason and logic is disturbing.   They don't want discussion or any kind of realistic talk all they want is for you to agree with them that game we be what they want or they start hurling insults.  Very angry people they are.  But there is not many of them left and the ones having the tantrums will run out of energy soon.  They can't keep up that kind of manic behavior indefintaley.  Its just not healthy.  I would guess most of them will soon become eiether critics of DnL or they will shift their energies into another game like Darkfall.  I pity the boards of the next game they go to.

But ignoring everything I wrote above I want to focus on today.  I am impressed with what Farlan did the last 10 days.  Do I think this game will ever release.  No.  But they seemed to have resolved many of the stabilty problems and added a bit of content.  I have been a harsh critic of NP3 but they did good today and should be given credit.  It was their best day and from what I can see its their finest hour as a developer.   Now if they could just have days like this every day this game might have a future.

Originally posted by Zippy
    Originally posted by Jackdog Way offtopic in a way but I was back over at the DnL forums and I almost feel sorry for those people who still try and defend the game. Not many of the old timers even post over there anymore at all, the posters who still try and defend NP3/Farlan must be absolutely desperate for this game to succeed. I never did Shadowbane but even it has to be better than this thing. 3 weeks since release and less than 12 hours uptime on the server? I am doing a beta of a game which pushed back it's release date that does a heck of a lot better than that. This thing has turned into a bigger train wreck than even I thought it would be.
    I never imagined DnL could be this bad. I beta tested Shadowbane and AO which both had very bad stability problems. But stability problems of a different kind. It would crash and lag a lot especially when there are lots of people in area. In the case of AO in the capital cities. To SoG's credit the lag is not bad. But Shadowbane a year before release was 1000 times a better game than this is now. Shadowbane had eveything working 8 months before release. All classes had their skills and almost everything was in the game. They used that last months to balance classes. While the game lacked a lot it had a very well done class advancement system. DnL/SoG on other hand has essentially nothing in the game which is shocking for a game that might release in the next 12 months. Even if they did add some or most of the promiosed features most likely it will not be well tested or balanced. Its a disaster waiting to happen. Most big games now rely on paid testers to essentially test and debug the game. The closed betas now are generally very close to a finished product. More done for marketing, stress testing and to find out what features people like and dislike. This game is so far away from being a playable product its really shocking.
    I feel sorry to a certain extent for the fanboys on the main site. You are right they are desperate for this game to succeed. They seem to have invested so much of their own personal self worth into being right about DnL. The way they violently defend the game against all reason and logic is disturbing. They don't want discussion or any kind of realistic talk all they want is for you to agree with them that game we be what they want or they start hurling insults. Very angry people they are. But there is not many of them left and the ones having the tantrums will run out of energy soon. They can't keep up that kind of manic behavior indefintaley. Its just not healthy. I would guess most of them will soon become eiether critics of DnL or they will shift their energies into another game like Darkfall. I pity the boards of the next game they go to.
    But ignoring everything I wrote above I want to focus on today. I am impressed with what Farlan did the last 10 days. Do I think this game will ever release. No. But they seemed to have resolved many of the stabilty problems and added a bit of content. I have been a harsh critic of NP3 but they did good today and should be given credit. It was their best day and from what I can see its their finest hour as a developer. Now if they could just have days like this every day this game might have a future.

I agree to what you are saying completely, even to teh part that today is the best day for Farlan!
    The worst part about the remaining fanbois in D&L is that even if you slap them with the truth and facts, they will start being aggressive and attack you without reason.
    They will consider you a liar when they themselves do not hold any credible proof, all they ahve are speculations, opinions, wishful thinking and the worst of it their mantra of "It has Potential!".
    "It has potential" is th common mantra among these fanbois.
    Anyone that has some sort of creativity can put together soemthing that has "Potential" but it is another story implementing those "Potential" and actually making it happen.

I give myself as an example.
    I was an avid fan of D&L and was hoping it would be the next big game in the MMORPG Genre.
    When I realized how things are going and then acquire certain info, that opened my eyes and showed it to people.
    Many of the fanbois would completly ignore the facts and consider it false information even when the facts shown to them are direct quotes from the company they are blindly following.

The cause of this is as you have already stated, the lack of less than quality games in the market at this time for the MMORPG genre.
    The companies making these types of games are like vultures, preying on these desperate gamers luring them with an imaginary carrot on a stick.

I do hope something does comeout soom that is somewhat decent enough until "THE Game" we are all looking for actually becomes a reality.

Originally posted by Jackdog Way offtopic in a way but I was back over at the DnL forums and I almost feel sorry for those people who still try and defend the game. Not many of the old timers even post over there anymore at all, the posters who still try and defend NP3/Farlan must be absolutely desperate for this game to succeed. I never did Shadowbane but even it has to be better than this thing. 3 weeks since release and less than 12 hours uptime on the server? I am doing a beta of a game which pushed back it's release date that does a heck of a lot better than that. This thing has turned into a bigger train wreck than even I thought it would be.

I never imagined DnL could be this bad. I beta tested Shadowbane and AO which both had very bad stability problems. But stability problems of a different kind. It would crash and lag a lot especially when there are lots of people in area. In the case of AO in the capital cities. To SoG's credit the lag is not bad. But Shadowbane a year before release was 1000 times a better game than this is now. Shadowbane had eveything working 8 months before release. All classes had their skills and almost everything was in the game. They used that last months to balance classes. While the game lacked a lot it had a very well done class advancement system. DnL/SoG on other hand has essentially nothing in the game which is shocking for a game that might release in the next 12 months. Even if they did add some or most of the promiosed features most likely it will not be well tested or balanced. Its a disaster waiting to happen. Most big games now rely on paid testers to essentially test and debug the game. The closed betas now are generally very close to a finished product. More done for marketing, stress testing and to find out what features people like and dislike. This game is so far away from being a playable product its really shocking.
    I feel sorry to a certain extent for the fanboys on the main site. You are right they are desperate for this game to succeed. They seem to have invested so much of their own personal self worth into being right about DnL. The way they violently defend the game against all reason and logic is disturbing. They don't want discussion or any kind of realistic talk all they want is for you to agree with them that game we be what they want or they start hurling insults. Very angry people they are. But there is not many of them left and the ones having the tantrums will run out of energy soon. They can't keep up that kind of manic behavior indefintaley. Its just not healthy. I would guess most of them will soon become eiether critics of DnL or they will shift their energies into another game like Darkfall. I pity the boards of the next game they go to.
    But ignoring everything I wrote above I want to focus on today. I am impressed with what Farlan did the last 10 days. Do I think this game will ever release. No. But they seemed to have resolved many of the stabilty problems and added a bit of content. I have been a harsh critic of NP3 but they did good today and should be given credit. It was their best day and from what I can see its their finest hour as a developer. Now if they could just have days like this every day this game might have a future.

I agree to what you are saying completely, even to teh part that today is the best day for Farlan!
    The worst part about the remaining fanbois in D&L is that even if you slap them with the truth and facts, they will start being aggressive and attack you without reason.
    They will consider you a liar when they themselves do not hold any credible proof, all they ahve are speculations, opinions, wishful thinking and the worst of it their mantra of "It has Potential!".
    "It has potential" is th common mantra among these fanbois.
    Anyone that has some sort of creativity can put together soemthing that has "Potential" but it is another story implementing those "Potential" and actually making it happen.

I give myself as an example.
    I was an avid fan of D&L and was hoping it would be the next big game in the MMORPG Genre.
    When I realized how things are going and then acquire certain info, that opened my eyes and showed it to people.
    Many of the fanbois would completly ignore the facts and consider it false information even when the facts shown to them are direct quotes from the company they are blindly following.

The cause of this is as you have already stated, the lack of less than quality games in the market at this time for the MMORPG genre.
    The companies making these types of games are like vultures, preying on these desperate gamers luring them with an imaginary carrot on a stick.

I do hope something does comeout soom that is somewhat decent enough until "THE Game" we are all looking for actually becomes a reality.

I think we all had high hopes for DnL many years ago.   I feel sorry for the fanboys.  While watching DnL die is amusing its quite sad as well. There are not many fanboys left.  Soon the world will be very empty.  Pretty soon Blacksac will be all alone.  I wonder if after everyone has left here if he will continue to bump his two pet threads (Screens of a world I find Amazing! and DnL bestiary)  with spam every 2 days to keep them at the top of DnL boards here.  No personal offense Blacksac but you should let those threads die like the game.  Bumping them every 1-2 days to pretend there is interest in the game is quite pathetic.  One has to wonder if your on Farlan's payroll.

The only games I see coming out in 2006 that might be good are Vanguard and RF online.  While I am big fan of Vanguard and fairly optomistic it might be a good game I am not a fan RF online.  Although RF Online might appeal to many people particularily DnL fans and it will probably be very polished and playable considering it has already released in korea and just needs some language changes.  Other than those two probably the only other game that stands much of a chance of a 2006 release is DDO and that appears to be targeted towards very casual players. 

• Originally posted by Zippy

It seems that  almost the entire fanbase has left this game.  There are most likely only a few hundred followers left.  The offical boards has gone down from over a 1000 people viewing at one time to less than a hundred.  The community left is a ragged and immature one.  They are tearing themselves to pieces on the main boards.  

Lol,

and you were wrong, my guild and I had a great time in game on the 29th.  They were quite busy during the downtime to add and fix some more stuff in the game.

But ignoring everything I wrote above I want to focus on today.  I am impressed with what Farlan did the last 10 days.  Do I think this game will ever release.  No.  But they seemed to have resolved many of the stabilty problems and added a bit of content.  I have been a harsh critic of NP3 but they did good today and should be given credit.  It was their best day and from what I can see its their finest hour as a developer.   Now if they could just have days like this every day this game might have a future.

Well it is good that they are making progress but just judging from the official forums it looks as if the game is just dying in slow motions. Maybe the reason the servers were more stable is that fewer people are even trying to log in.

I miss DAoC

Well it is good that they are making progress but just judging from the official forums it looks as if the game is just dying in slow motions. Maybe the reason the servers were more stable is that fewer people are even trying to log in.

Hard to say if there are more people playing or not as they probably had it capped at a few hundred before.   I started a new character yesterday and got him to lvl 17 in a few hours of play.   The place he is hunting is crowded but not as bad as it was a week ago.

A better indicator to me is the number of people you see concurrently logged in to the official forums.  I just saw a 244 people logged in there.  That is a jump from yesterday.  Not anywhere near the traffic of a few weeks ago but the first time I have seen the trend go up rather down.  There are a number of postive posts on the forums there.  Yesterday was indeed a good day for Farlan.  The question is where do they go from here.

My view is they have bought themselves some more time with the people left and some of the fence sitters.   Besides the few additions in yeserdays patch and the better stability they also did fix one of the more annoying combat problems where you would move out of melee range.  Combat is better because of that.  They still need to work on the camera.  But it is good to see progress.

The biggest problem Farlan has now is if the servers stay up people will play the game and get quickly bored.  The lvl cap is lvl 35 that can be reached in one good day of playing.   The mobs have virtually no A1 and all the fights are the same.  The combat is just plain bad.  Every fight is the same and identical.  The novelty of riding a dragon will wear off quite fast.   Unstable servers might actually keep people around longer.  Overall it was a good day and the next few days might be the peak of their success.  How they can continue that success I have no idea.   Yes they ahve set peoples standards so low now that can at least for a short time enjoy a featureless shell of a game.  But even that will eventually wear thin. 

I don't see what they can do to keep people interested and wanting tocontinue to log in.  I find it painful just to log in.  My biggest challenge in playing is not the mobs but fighting the urge to log out.  But Farlan should be given credit yesterday they exceeded our expectations.  Yes our expectations were very low but they had a good day and brought hope to some.  What kind of day will they have today?  Seems the server has been down awhile this morning.