Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaving SWG

2»

Comments

• 1109hawaii1109hawaii Member Posts: 22

/Ranger Salute Ch3cksix

You can join the rest of us on "The Long Walk".  I parked my toon on Rori near a good fishing hole the day my scrip ran out.  Those of you that only know NGE, well good on ya and good luck, but you have no idea what you missed.  Even CU didn't screw up the game as badly as this did.

Master Ranger (retired)
    SWG-Chilastra

"Sometime you gotta roll the hard 6."
    William Adama "Galactica 6"

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by 1109hawaii
    /Ranger Salute Ch3cksix
    You can join the rest of us on "The Long Walk". I parked my toon on Rori near a good fishing hole the day my scrip ran out. Those of you that only know NGE, well good on ya and good luck, but you have no idea what you missed. Even CU didn't screw up the game as badly as this did.

Yeah.. I was wrong about one thing when I was tearing apart the CU. I said, and I quote.. "It couldn't get any worse"

Boy was I wrong!

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Originally posted by Jodokai
    Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS ROFL nice try on making a come back kid. You and I know the game will never be good, its called sarcasm azz. But apparently your n00b azz did'nt get it.. ROFL
    I love you man, honestly!
    Now go back to your Carrot you silly kid! What are you 12? Now go away before I tell your mom you're on the internet again.

Who the hell are you Jodokai? ROFL

you guys roomates or something ::::37::

But since you want to join the conversation, be my guest fanboi.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year!

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

Originally posted by scaramoosh

Originally posted by Shayde

I didn't troll.

No, you were an ass. There's a difference.

Nope, who gives a crap about whine threads anymore.

They are a warning for new buyers and a consolation for those of us who were literally swindled by SOE and LA.  You may claim not to give a crap, and that is your perrogative, but I find it kinda odd that someone who doesn't give a crap is posting to a thread they self-allegedly don't care about.

In an aside, I saw Titanic last night on cable while sick in bed (I didn't ask for a weeklong headcold for Xmas, really I didn't) and was reduced to tears when the band members turn to one another and remark that it was "truely an honor to play with you tonight".  Why?  Because it reminded me of SWG and the people I once played with.  That scene, to me, is an accurate representation of what it was to be an entertainer or crafter in SWG in the last days before they sunk the ship with the NGE.  That was our goodbye.

If you can't understand the emotion and sentiment behind it, that's your poor fortune.  SOME of us found something in the old SWG that transcended the bugs and inbalances and transformed what was a mediocre game implementation into the realm of virtual legend, and in the interest of flushing existing customers for a gamble on maybe getting more new ones, those things which allowed such a legendary world to exist were stripped from the game. 

You don't like being reminded that your flavour of the month has come at the expense of the very real pain of others?  Well to quote a million WoW players "Cry more, noob".

• WordaenWordaen Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by azhrarn

Originally posted by Shayde

I didn't troll.

No, you were an ass. There's a difference.

Nope, who gives a crap about whine threads anymore.

They are a warning for new buyers and a consolation for those of us who were literally swindled by SOE and LA.  You may claim not to give a crap, and that is your perrogative, but I find it kinda odd that someone who doesn't give a crap is posting to a thread they self-allegedly don't care about.

In an aside, I saw Titanic last night on cable while sick in bed (I didn't ask for a weeklong headcold for Xmas, really I didn't) and was reduced to tears when the band members turn to one another and remark that it was "truely an honor to play with you tonight".  Why?  Because it reminded me of SWG and the people I once played with.  That scene, to me, is an accurate representation of what it was to be an entertainer or crafter in SWG in the last days before they sunk the ship with the NGE.  That was our goodbye.

If you can't understand the emotion and sentiment behind it, that's your poor fortune.  SOME of us found something in the old SWG that transcended the bugs and inbalances and transformed what was a mediocre game implementation into the realm of virtual legend, and in the interest of flushing existing customers for a gamble on maybe getting more new ones, those things which allowed such a legendary world to exist were stripped from the game. 

You don't like being reminded that your flavour of the month has come at the expense of the very real pain of others?  Well to quote a million WoW players "Cry more, noob".

Well spoken.
  • JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621
    What confuses me is that the thread isn't labeled something to trick you like "Click here for free Cheese" and then goes into a rant about SWG. It clearly says "Leaving SWG". If you are sick of people "whining" about SWG, why would go into a thread with that title? I mean come on here people this isn't rocket science.