Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

celt guardian

should i be a celt guardian are they good?

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

A guardian is only a base profession. You will loose that at level 5 when you pick a main class. You will have the option of being a blademaster, hero, champion, and maybe a vamp. Can't remember if Celts can be vamps at the moment but I think they can. They did some changes to Hero's that have improved them.

So let me put it this way, tanks are usually wanted in PvE groups, they are less wanted/needed in RvR, and they can be slow to solo if what you want to do is just kill mobs. They are not too slow to solo but you will have an easier time as a caster or vamp soloing than with traditional melee classes.

In RvR you will mostly be the person running the siege weapons.

• BanthaBantha Member Posts: 14

do blademasters have to use two swords? if so, what about heroes are they goood?

Hero's are heavy tanks. They have a huge amount of hits, the bext armor and do moderate damage as a tank.

Blademasters can choose to only use one blade, but that makes little sense. BM are light tanks. They do a lot of damage. You do not have to use two blades, you can use two blunt or pierce weapons. If you use a shield and not a second blade then reduce the amount of damage you do by 50% in theory. What you gain by a shield is blocking and shield slam which will stun. The problem has been that since they do not have as much hits as the Hero nor as good armor but can easily out damage a hero they pull argo and thus require more healing or get killed. The changes with the last patch have made it a lot easier for Hero's to keep agro (as well as RvR changes) so that light tanks can survive longer.

Champions are a hybrid heavy tank. They have heavy armor and moderate hits. If their debuffs are not resisted they can do a lot of damage.

I am not sure what you are looking for in a class. I will say that tanks are not killers but meatshields for groups. In general DAOC is set up where the tanks hold agro, casters kill the argo, and the healers keep the tanks alive.

So putting vamps outside if you want to play a tank then those are your choices. If you want to use a shield then you are better off with a Hero or a Champion.

• BanthaBantha Member Posts: 14

when do heroes get to be a stag? And i just became a hero but what quest do i do next?

Quests can be found by people with the yellow rings around their feet. Do whatever quests you want to do. You will find the best XP quest in Catacomb zones. That is the crack in the capital you can walk through. I think you can start turning into a Stag at level 15.