Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

COMPUTER CrASHES ONLY MMORPGS!!!

HElp me I really need it..
My computer crashes only on MMORPGS... I dont understand what the hell is going on. Games like Battlefield 2, Black and White 2, Half Life 2, Preety much every high end game thats out there works great with no problems, even when I play online. But when is comes to MMORPGS..for exp.. Eve online, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, even Lineage 2... they all freeze and the sound goes crazy... and I have to either hit the reset button or the power button to get my comp restarted and working again.. the this freezing happens like 2 to 5 mins into the game.. I dont understand what the hell is going on.. ::::06:: And why is it only MMORPGs that I pay for that dont work.. games Like SilkRoad.. a great game but free mmorpg.. Works Fine.... PLZ help.. here are my specs

Windows Xp Professional
Amd Athlon 64 processor 3000+
1g of ram
Nvidia 6800 GT 256mb
Over 500gb of harddrive space
Cable Internet

Comments

• tonglongtonglong Member Posts: 1
    its a sign from god to stay away from mmorpgsimage
  • AkibanaAkibana Member Posts: 107

Your case is very interesting indeed. Ur specs r great. Do u have some kind of spyware program that is blocking addresses? Try turning it off if u do and c what happens.

• kxtremekxtreme Member Posts: 3

Checked my comp for spyware and virus.. all clean.. and yes its very wierd.. its blowing my mind::::06::

• matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136

If the problem seems to be sound related, then upgrade your drivers for that peice of hardware. There's no connection between them being mmo's and having a problem. If you are using Realtek AC 97 then i would recommend using the vinyl drivers.

• desk_moddesk_mod Member Posts: 282
    I have the exact same speca as you!
    And mine has the same trouble because most of the MMORPG'S out are made for a 32-bit system!
    Next year is the best time for us both to play MMORPG'S because they will also be made for 64-bit systemimage
  • matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136

The fact that he has an amd 64 has nothing at all to do with it. Thousands of people have amd 64's and play these games fine. It's more than likely a driver issue.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Is that dual core?

AMD have made a driver update to accomodate some 32 bit programs on their x64 CPU's.

No link cause I do not have AMD but my bro had this exact same problem.

Should be on their homepage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

My guess: Something with your networkcard/drivers.

That his computer is 64bit has absolutly nothing to do with it. All games except a few like HL2, Farcry are 32bit.

• kxtremekxtreme Member Posts: 3

I currently have 2 sound cards in my system... on onboard on that came wit the mobo and a regular sound blaster live 24bit. They are both updated.. I've tried taking out the sound blaster card and playing only on the mobos sound but same problem. The netword card is also build in with the mobo.. I go check if there are any updates for it, and I'll check to see about that Amd processor stuff

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (exe) 1.2.2.2

Get it here:

AMD drivers

That is, IF it is a dual core CPU.

Seems the X2 CPU's have hit a hurdle that is a bit weird in our quest for speed, they are TO fast and do not scale as they should for all programs, this thing makes the CPU able to run at the speed that is needed.

If you are running dual core you will want this in any case so, just make sure you get it for the right OS version. 

Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.

• pyros98pyros98 Member Posts: 267

I had a very similar problem to yours, but my system was nothing like what you have...Offline games I could play fine, but when I tried to play online (MMO's and Halo Multiplayer) my computer would freeze within minutes.  The problem was my northbridge couldn't handle my video card running at full speed, so I cut it down to 4X instead of 8X, and that actually fixed it.  I don't know if that is relavent to your problem.

Edit:  I also believed it to be a sound problem, and change out soundcards two or three times to no avail...and I tried everything I could with my network card, but the only fix was slowing down my video card.

• KjarlKjarl Member Posts: 76

I am having a similar problem. Not quite as severe though. From time to time when I am playing agame online my computer screen "blinks" black for a few secs, eventually the graphics will get all screwed up and my FPS will drop to like 2 untill I completely shut down whatever game I am playing and restart the game (Not the computer) and then works fine, some times for days and some times just a few hours. It will also reboot my machine from time to time for no apparent reason.

An clues?

• WalterZWalterZ Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    A few days ago I was having the same kind of problem. And I was just as frustrated as you. So, I started searching for a solution and after performing the steps described in this article (mainly I cleaned the heatsink and removed all the dust from Mobo, and started the game as admin) my problem was solved. I'm commenting on this because if someone needs it for their computer, it can help them too.