Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In what server should I play? (CET player)

hi all :)

Im new in FFXI and I have some doubts on if I should try to enter in a specific server or in the one that the game assigns to me. What Im worry about is to enter in a server where most of the players are from a very different time area (Im from Europe, CET), that would make very difficult to find group or to attemd raids when in a org. I would also like to avoid servers with very low population and overalls I dont want to see lots of kids being insulted and flaming each other like happened to me in a SWG server :/ I played mmorpg for several years (EQ1, Anarchy Online, CoE, SWG and Im playing EQ2 right now) and sadly Ive seen that in some servers.

So what Im looking for is a nice server with high European population if possible hehe ;) I really dont know yet whats the normal population in each FFXI server, if they are valanced or if I will be in a very low population server if I dont choose the server myself...  

well, I have a char in Ragnarok trying to familiarize with the controls of the game. Finally I had to buy an PC-adapter for my ps2 controller pad. Much better now :)

So any suggestions on the server I should choose, or any of them can be good?

Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• anarchaicanarchaic Member Posts: 15

I've heard of NA servers and JP servers but no EU servers. I know there are alot of people playing during all times of the day though, you shouldn't be affected too much by your time zone.

Honestly i'd rather be on a server filled with kids than on one of the larger ones that are filled with elitist jerks. Kids can be annoying, pompous elitists and their LS can make your life a living hell.

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by anarchaic
    I've heard of NA servers and JP servers but no EU servers.

That's not correct. There are no NA, JP *or* EU servers. There are just the 32 servers, and everybody plays on all of them.

Chris Mattern

• AkibanaAkibana Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by ChrisMattern
    Originally posted by anarchaic
    I've heard of NA servers and JP servers but no EU servers.

That's not correct. There are no NA, JP *or* EU servers. There are just the 32 servers, and everybody plays on all of them.

Chris Mattern

Agreed /nod