Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me please.

I have not yet played DAoC bc I cannot get into the game. When I click the server I want, any server for that matter, it says, "Renderer Creation Failed!". I cannot play if I cannot pick a server. A quick reposnse would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• jagoketrajagoketra Member Posts: 10

do a full integrity scan, see if that helps

Ziedane Enlightener
    paladin
    DIVINITII
    bedevere server

• TravisFTravisF Member Posts: 6
    How is it that I do that? It wont let me go in after I click the server I wanna join. It says Renderer Creation Failed. I cant even get in.
  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

When you double click the DAOC icon to launch the game, a window pops up saying "Update will start automatically in 30seconds." , it's in that window you can check "Do complete file-check."

I would also double check your graphics card and it's graphic drivers.

I see... I had tried that but nothing. It just went to the server thing after I had finished.
    How is it I check my vid card then? Perhaps I am not capable of supporting it, but I ran a fullcheck twicetwice.
  • AvituAvitu Member Posts: 140

I've had this same error message once too, after reinstalling my PC.

In my case, it was my Direct X version that wasn't up to date.

So I can recommend to check Microsoft's website for DirectX 9.0c ( or whatever the most recent version is).

------------------------------------------
    Basil Fawlty: [to telephone operator] I've been trying to get through to the speaking clock... Well, it's engaged... Well, it's been engaged for ten minutes. How is this possible? My wife isn't talking to it.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    I get this all the time. I shut the computer down and turn it back on and it goes away, so it may be a direct x resource problem. Another application using the resorce or something.
    Ok thank you very much. How might I update my Dirext X? You would thinjk that if that was the problem for the game then it would automatically do something like that. I would anyhow....
    Nevermind I have updated it. I believe... but to no avail, as it is. Still it comes up with that damned message that prevents me from even entering the game. If you can help figure it out somehow I would appreciate it. This is pissing me off quite a bit.
  • AvituAvitu Member Posts: 140

Strange, then the opnly reason I can think of would be your gfx card drivers. try checking the manufacturers site for more recent drivers

------------------------------------------
    Basil Fawlty: [to telephone operator] I've been trying to get through to the speaking clock... Well, it's engaged... Well, it's been engaged for ten minutes. How is this possible? My wife isn't talking to it.