Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fitting a comorant

razziellerazzielle Member Posts: 162

OK just so everyone know I am still quite a newb to this game, only about 2/3 weeks of playing so far.  The other day I picked up a destroyer to replace 2 frigates for multiple objective use.  Being a miner, I've fitted 2 mining lasers (a tech 1 and a civvy), 4 125mm railguns, and a basic missile launcher with FoF missiles in the hislots (1 spot left).  Medslots have a tech 1 shield boost, afterburners (not necessary I just had it on me), and a ballistic shield enhancement.  Lowslot carries a decent cpu upgrade.

Now since I have deemed this my baby I want to know what skills I would need to field 1 good mining laser, 2 med hybrid's, 4 small hybrid's, my launcher.  Ditching the shield boost for something that will recharge the shield's fast enough and adding more shield resists.  And to cram as much armor as I can on this ship.

I know a destroyer isn't exactly a mining vessel but I like to have a little protection too and I just love this ship so if I could get some suggestions on how I could make this a rocksteady craft that would be great.

Comments

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

If your going to mine with your cormorant, remove all non-mining related modules. Try and fit as many miners on it as possible and use the low slots for extra cpu. You should have enough cargo room to not cycle miners and I would suggest jettison can mining (mine into a jettison can and come back later with a hauler when you've accumalted quite a bit of ore).

As for going with the miner lasers/protection setup, you REALLY need a cruiser to have that kind of play as far as setups are concerned. If I were you, I would try and mine/kill/mission to get enough ISK to buy myself an osprey (caldari cruiser) which has bonus to mining lasers and can also equip an assault or heavy missile launcher plus a shield tank. It's not much more expensive than a cormorant but has much much much better mining capabilities. I would keep the destroyer for combat only, fitting it with 7x 125mm railguns and a rocket launcher.

As for having mining/combat/shield tank/armor tank all on 1 ship, that is impossible I assure you. You need to sacrifice different boosts to get varied results and going for everything is just not possible, even if you have 25M+ skill points and top of the line implants.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)