Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thinking about trying ps ?

jbvegetajbvegeta Member Posts: 109
i am thinking about trying this game any takers ?

Comments

• SquittySquitty Member Posts: 342
    No harm in trying it, there is a 30 day free trial.  Just see if you still like it at the end of the month and if you still do like it, go for it.

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458
    The free 30 day trial doesn't work, at least for me. I downloaded it a week or two ago, still haven't gotten my confirmation email with the free 30 day code.

Black Star Deceiver kills it all.
    The sun lies waiting for a call.

-Machiavelli

• SquittySquitty Member Posts: 342
    I would give it another shot, try to send your e-mail adress again and make sure you spelt it correctly. And if that fails, E-mail gamespot or wherever you got it from.

EDIT: oh and if worse comes to worse, there always a 7-day trial you can try.

• jbvegetajbvegeta Member Posts: 109
    thanks guy but the 30 day thing will not dl for me it just stops

• BurnBabyBurnBurnBabyBurn Member Posts: 44
    If worst comes to the worst try and get the back issue of PCGAMER with the demo 30 day free trial.

"Fear Not What Deaths Brings But Nor What It Gives"

"Fear Not What Death Brings But Nor What It Gives"

• MattiusMattius Member Posts: 167

Im trying it atm...im sure its going to take a long time to get used too, as im so used to fantasy based onliners...plus i need to find a lot more reading material for it.

• NeoWaltzNeoWaltz Member Posts: 6

Im on the 7-day trial now. The game looks pretty good and satisfies all of my killing needs. Now where did I put my decimator....

Only you can set your destiny.....

Only you can set your destiny.....

• MetalHead300MetalHead300 Member Posts: 5

I'm thinking about trying ps too, i'm just wondering one thing. Is it a real team oriented game or is it a lone run-n-gun kind of game?

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    It is team oriented and now that they have platoons you could possibly be in a platoon of 30 people.  But, people come and go and have their own ambitions of leveling up faster so the biggest consistant platoon I have been in was 20 people.  you can get to BR 3 before leaving the sanctuary.  Just try every weapon and vehicle and you get free experience.  They also let you try the expansion weapons in the VR rooms in order to try to get you to buy it.  Join a big active outfit on your first day and you will never have problems finding a squad to play with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
    Nathaniel Borenstein .

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    I would definitely not buy this game right off if you want to try it out.  There is a free trial that I highly recommend before you subscribe.  If you buy it and find you don't like it, you will be sorry.  I never had that much fun while playing but I'm sure some people really like it.  It is kind of a cool idea after all.

::Yordo::
    EQ2 Guild Search
    UXO, Lineage 2, KO, Guild Wars, Dragon Empires, City of Heroes

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
    Well considering most single player games people buy are good for maybe 2 weeks to a month of play tops, then I would say PS is worth buying even if it is only for the first free month, if you can get free trial without buying even better i guess.  I didn't buy it but had a BLAST in beta.  The blast ran out of explosive power after a while but it was great for the first few weeks.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    Well, almost all of the MMO's I've ever played have been super-addictive for the first two to four weeks (except Star Wars Galaxies).  That is why people grow to like this genre of game so much after they play several of them.  Other games just seem to be dumb, especially if they have no multiplayer in them.  After beating a single player game, which usually takes me like two weeks if that, the game gets incredibly boring.  In MMO's, however, you can usually always have fun because of the continuous new content and never-ending story.

::Yordo::
    EQ2 Guild Search
    UXO, Lineage 2, KO, Guild Wars, Dragon Empires, City of Heroes