Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it all combat?

Chris039Chris039 Member Posts: 16

I'm hopefully going to get Guild Wars for Christmas image and i am wondering:

Is it all combat related or can you fish and mine and craft and stuff? Thanks in advance to any peeps who reply image

--------------------
Currently Playing: Guild Wars

Retired: WoW, SWG, CoH, RS, EQ2

Comments

• bobmonkey5bobmonkey5 Member Posts: 22

Yes It's all combat oriented. GW is mainly for PvP. There's a lil' crafting. Basicly all it is, is you collect the items needed then give it to someone in a town and they make stuff for you.

BUT THAT'S WHY IT SUX!!!

• Chris039Chris039 Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by bobmonkey5

Yes It's all combat oriented. GW is mainly for PvP. There's a lil' crafting. Basicly all it is, is you collect the items needed then give it to someone in a town and they make stuff for you.
    BUT THAT'S WHY IT SUX!!!

O.K. thanks for the info but that doesn't necessarily mean than it sux. image

--------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars

Retired: WoW, SWG, CoH, RS, EQ2

• chs5138chs5138 Member Posts: 67

The previous poster was right that all crafting is, you collect some items and give it to someone in town to craft...I'm not big into the crafting scene so this really doesn't bother me.

There are a lot of quests and things you do outside of, or to become better at, PvP.

There isn't any fishing or mining. If you need some sort of crafting item then you go out, kill a mob, loot it, and then use a salvage box and hopefully it turns into what you want...there are also places you can buy these materials.

If you're not into PvP then IMO you won't like this game. I'm sure there are guilds out there that don't PvP at all, but that doesn't leave much to strive for in this game.

Not the greatest game out there, but it can be pretty fun

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

I dunno if this matters or not but there is armor dyes. You can combine dyes and such to. If that makes a difference or not to you.

• ADM_ANADM_AN Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by bobmonkey5

BUT THAT'S WHY IT SUX!!!

Please do NOT let this... whatever single celled organism he/she/it is... influence you about Guild Wars.  He/She/It knows absolutely nothing about the game, and is only p1ssed because he/she/it spent $50 on a game without getting any info about the game and finds out that it wasnt what he/she/it expected.  If you do not believe me, please feel free to look for other posts by this lower lifeform and find out for yourselves about the game.

It is also of my personal opinion that he/she/it should be banned from commenting about any games until its intelligence has evolved from the lvl of a amoeba to the lvl of at least a worm (I dont think it will ever happen).

• freakerdfreakerd Member Posts: 60

Whahaha, nice one!

I love Guild Wars::::08::,

but everyone gots his own taste in games