Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of buying this game...

I wanna buy this game but not sure if I will like it. I gonna buy first game and addons later. PPL with different version playing on different server right? So what happens if i play with retail and then i buy addon? i need to enter new server and start from beginning?

Comments

• lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855
    nope its not eq lol. pick a good populated server first then go from there if you are buying retail you get Shrouded isles and original daoc together you dont need TOA till later. what game are you coming from?

• GlottisGlottis Member Posts: 69

Earth & Beyound 6 months, AC2 1 year. They both sucked hard :

Should I choose coop or normal server as a new player?

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

If you get it be sure to post what sever and realm you picked, if your in mine I'll give you stuff.

No you do not have to start over if you get a exp pack later on. There will be places you can't go until you by those packs, once you do the game gets allot larger.  It'll have no effect on your charater other than going to new places, a better graphics engine and maybe some new skills (ML's)

The good news: the hot spots until 40 seem to be in "old world" zones, so you play the "cheap" version for some time before deciding to upgrade.

I'd pick normal, unless the whole concept of voluntary PvP is unacceptable.

I like to play the most un-populated severs, but I'm antisocial that way.

-=-=-=-=-
    "EQ was once a great game. I wont deny it, but so was Asteroids. And just like Pong, EQ is obsolete by newer game standards."

A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

Thanks for nice useful post :)

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

There is no apparent XP treadmill until 40-50, when each level take 1-30 hours. I think my most was about 35 hours.

Open your eyes, close your mouth, and make a fist.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Also, SI is only good for 1-18 because the 20-30+ mobs are possibly the most packed in mobs in the game and they aggro 3+ at a time. 18-27 vendo, 27-36 DF entrance, 36-40 spinndila. Thats for middies at least.

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Another question. Will I be able to play on European servers with the US cd-key (if i have game installed using eurpean update.dat)?

Is coop fun? What to do if you can't kill other realms players (thats what coop is, isn't it?)?

Coop is boring. it takes too long to get from realm to realm [30minutes to 2 hours] and You want realm abilitys from RVR and coop servers are next to barren. Yes you can paly Euro server with US key. Not sure how to tho.