Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A true review of the **GAME**

Comments

• AnabelaAnabela Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Isobar

I am sick of seeing everyone complain about how bad this game is because they crash every 10 seconds...

If you are sick of seeing everying complain about crashing every 10 seconds, how sick do you think we are to be actually be crashing every 10 seconds...? I don't think there is any comparison to the magnitude of being sick of crashing every 10 seconds...

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Believe what you want, I will give you the specs of my laptop, and it isn't even that great. I haven't had a crash since I moved to mainlands, I haven't turned my graphics off of high either. I did however change the settings on how my computer manages its system memory, so that could have something to do with it also.

I have Pentium 3, 1gig of memory, ATI Radeon 9700 256mg. I don't remember all the details, I will check when I get home from work. I have no reason to lie about my performance, it works wonderfully for me, and I don't have that good of a system.

I have found plenty to explore, as I am looking for new places for forts, new places to hunt, to places to snowboard, and new places for my guild to attack other enemy forts. I have found various resources on the ground, all just blocks of wood where I can extract pieces of wood into my inventory, so the crafting can't be too far off.

I stopped reading as soon as you said Pentium 3. You my friend, are a liar. Plain and Simple. You need to stop with the bullshit. Because you are just lying through your teeth.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• KilimKilim Member Posts: 546

I have a Pioneer account.
    I also have posted my Initial review.
    [INDENT]This is my PC Setup:
    P4 2.4ghz
    1.7GB DDR RAM
    ATI X850XT 256mb
    CL Audigy[/INDENT]

I want to play the game you are playing because I do not see what You are seeing.

I just want to question 1 aspect of your review.
    I can nit pick each one but I belive that this 1 by itself will discredit you.
    This is from the DNL-Help IRC OP that has posted how 'Stable' the Server has been, this log is from Yesterday alone!

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showpost.php?p=785719&postcount=17

this is taken from my #dnl-help logs for today. we keep a close tab on server status in the channels topic cause half the questions are about that.

(02:03:47) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:DOWN
    (02:20:44) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (04:13:14) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:REBOOTING

[i finally got some sleep :P]

(12:38:51) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (13:31:37) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (13:33:24) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP
    (14:05:08) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (14:25:34) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (14:50:41) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (15:12:34) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (15:37:53) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:DOWN
    (16:04:10) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (16:26:36) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (16:30:23) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (16:32:22) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:DOWN
    (16:55:02) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (17:29:05) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (17:50:01) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (18:06:31) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:DOWN
    (20:05:36) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (20:07:09) Patch: UP|Login:MAXCONN|Game:UP
    (20:29:07) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP
    (20:36:12) Patch: UP|Login:MAXCON|Game:UP
    (21:30:35) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP
    (22:04:13) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (22:06:45) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN - (reboot started 09pm GMT)
    (22:27:02) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP - (last reboot started 09pm GMT)
    (22:42:17) Patch: UP|Login:MaxC|Game:UP - (last reboot started 09pm GMT)
    (22:49:22) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP - (last reboot started 09pm GMT)
    (22:54:27) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN/MaxC|Game:UP - (last reboot 09pm GMT)
    (23:06:55) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP - (last reboot 09pm GMT)
    (23:21:56) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN - (last reboot 10:15pm GMT)
    (23:48:05) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP - (last reboot 10:15pm GMT)
    (00:08:50) Patch: UP|Login:MaxC|Game:UP - (last reboot 10:15pm GMT)
    (00:33:01) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP - (last reboot 10:15pm GMT)
    (01:20:50) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:REBOOTING - (reboot 00:20am GMT)
    (01:41:24) Patch: UP|Login:UP?|Game:UP - (last reboot 00:20am GMT)
    (01:46:13) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP - (last reboot 00:20am GMT)
    (01:57:58) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN - (last reboot 00:20am GMT)

I have Beta Tested and played various MMORPG in their release version.
    There is NO way this game will be released come April w/ the promises they want to deliver.

• warcrownwarcrown Member Posts: 16

ummmmm gameplay 10/10 ...your joking right? must be joking all the game mechanics are not even in yet and you give it a 10/10....whatever your drinking you should bottle it and sell it::::12::

• sircyrus69sircyrus69 Member Posts: 9

I get called a fanboy because I like the game, but I like it because I don't want to spend my whole day in a game fighting monsters.

No, you get called a fanboy because you give an extremely underwhelming, unfinished, buggy, crappy beta-state game an 8/10 for it's poor graphics, and a 10/10 for gameplay. Don't like being called a fanboy? Then stop acting like one.

The fighting system will get better, and so will the quests and crafting. 

Well then, it doesn't deserve a 10/10 for gameplay at this point, does it?

THe whole point was everyone is bitching about there being no crafting and quests, when it was stated before release that there wouldn't be, because the lands are in turmoil, and chaos.  Albeit, probably just a lame excuse saying they don't have it finished yet, but they still annouced it.

It is just a lame excuse. The game is extremely unpolished and incomplete. There is no crafting and no quests because they have put zero content in the game. Everything is unfinished, if you can't see that then you're blinded by fanboyism.

• JabusJabus Member Posts: 30

Gameplay is 10.

Fortress building awesome and having the ability to alter build barony forts and duchy forts etc etc is great as well. PvP is quite fun too, it's no where near balanced of course since this is a stress test (and don't tell me it isn't it was suppose to be a stand alone game) They never said that, what they said was that this was a small oppurtunity to the community that followed it to be able to give some of the features a try. They definetly tried hard not to call it dark and light.

I laugh at everone who's crying.

)

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Originally posted by Jabus
    Gameplay is 10. Fortress building awesome and having the ability to alter build barony forts and duchy forts etc etc is great as well. PvP is quite fun too, it's no where near balanced of course since this is a stress test (and don't tell me it isn't it was suppose to be a stand alone game) They never said that, what they said was that this was a small oppurtunity to the community that followed it to be able to give some of the features a try. They definetly tried hard not to call it dark and light.I laugh at everone who's crying.

I laugh at you.

• suzailsuzail Member Posts: 18
    dont know why anyone bothers to post anything constructive or nice about SoG or DnL on this forum, as its full of whining bitching children that need to get a life
  • lsutiglsutig Member UncommonPosts: 92

Originally posted by suzail
    dont know why anyone bothers to post anything constructive or nice about SoG or DnL on this forum, as its full of whining bitching children that need to get a life

people just dont like reading BS.

• IsobarIsobar Member UncommonPosts: 17

Originally posted by Finduilas

Isobar.
    Firstly I must call into question your integrity. You have JUST 7 posts, All of them in this thread. What proof can you offer me that you are not a DnL dev or rep that just created an account here to support the game? I, on the other hand have posts dating back to last year, posting about numerous games, so my opinion can be shown to be truly objective.
    Secondly. I prefer to play the game, but in this case have not been able to get an account due to the way they set this thing up. So I must rely on people that HAVE played to provide feedback to allow me make a reasonable judgement. I NEVER take the word of one witness, but listen to many, and weigh up both the good and the bad, the fanbois and the trolls.
    Thirdly. You give gameplay 10/10 yet go on to talk ONLY about 3 things that amount to the SAME thing; flight sim, snowboarding. Let me list what I consider to be necessary for gameplay, NOT in older mmorpgs which I won't play, but in this NEW generation, which has the older games to learn from.

Quests, not just kill 10 rats, but varied, interesting, lore based, with character development, end rewards in cash, or items.
    Detailed, expansive interesting, non-grind based crafting and gathering system.
    Exploration; not just eye candy, but actual content worth finding, such a villages of mobs developing somewhere out in the wild independently, caves to delve into, treasure to find inside, mobs to fight in there, ancient ruins to stumble upon with NPCs that lurk there offering a quest, or an item to find like a sword on the ground or a treasure chest.
    Fighting that is more than just "hit the attack key".
    World changing activity. Build your own house, guild hall, furnish it, add storage and functionality.
    Challenges for duos or small groups, quest arcs, or triggered encounters, or dungeon delves, with appropriate rewards.
    Excellent loot tables, Ability to improve your gear through looting.
    Player market system allowing you to trade or barter for better gear.
    Detailed towns and cities with roaming NPCs, merchants, taverns, crafting machines, places for cummunity to develop.
    Tutorial that leads you through the basics, the interface, keys, where you get spells, or skills, or materials or supplies.
    Many of the newer games, WoW, EQ2 and so on, offer SOME of these, but not all. Based on my list, how close does SoG get?

Believe what you want, I have over 200 posts on the DnL forums, and no lable of AD, NP, or SG. 

This game was created saying that there would be no crafting system, so I did not include that into my review. 

But, I have found randrom spots on the ground where you can extract resources, and was able to extract 3 pieces of wood out of a stump.  So the gathering seems to have atleast ground spawns. 

Tutorials are lame, the point in playing a new game is to experience everything for yourself. 

The attacking in this game isn't just hit attack and sit back, but it needs a lot of work.  Currently they have atleast enabled position on the monsters to enable more damage.  IE If you are behind and attack, you get a backstab bonus. 

So far while exploring, I have found countless hunting places, ruins, mana towers, and fortresses.  I have heard of others finding treasure chests, but untill I find them, I won't include those.

Instead of houses, and guild halls, you can build fortresses, and are allowed to customize your forts.  I have seen a fort that has a dragon transport leaving from it to the top of a mountain, and I stopped folllowing it there.

I haven't done enough fighting to see if the loot gets better, but I have heard of loot with stat increases, and higher quality and so on, so it is there.  It seems there isn't any boss encounters so far, but I will keep exploring the game and if I find one, I will let it be none. 

The world seems to evolve, and has a fully functional season system.  I first started the game, and made a bind point on a mountain so I could snow board when I wanted, last time I went back there, all the snow had melted.  I am currently waiting for it to snow again so I can explore somemore, as you move faster on a snowboard than you do on a mount. 

As for the questing and the content of ancient ruins with ancient treasure, I don't know about that.  Quests seem to be few and sparse.  The ruins I have found have been empty, and I haven't explored enough of the game yet to say that there are no mob villages, I spent 2 hours just exploring, and only covered 5% of the map, if that. 

Originally posted by Roin

Believe what you want, I will give you the specs of my laptop, and it isn't even that great. I haven't had a crash since I moved to mainlands, I haven't turned my graphics off of high either. I did however change the settings on how my computer manages its system memory, so that could have something to do with it also.

I have Pentium 3, 1gig of memory, ATI Radeon 9700 256mg. I don't remember all the details, I will check when I get home from work. I have no reason to lie about my performance, it works wonderfully for me, and I don't have that good of a system.

I have found plenty to explore, as I am looking for new places for forts, new places to hunt, to places to snowboard, and new places for my guild to attack other enemy forts. I have found various resources on the ground, all just blocks of wood where I can extract pieces of wood into my inventory, so the crafting can't be too far off.

I stopped reading as soon as you said Pentium 3. You my friend, are a liar. Plain and Simple. You need to stop with the bullshit. Because you are just lying through your teeth.

ONce again, thats your choice.  My computer runs the game perfectly, and unless I put in the wrong info into my beta profile, then that is what I have.  I forgot to check when I went home yesterday, so I can't say for sure.  This game runs quite well once you are away from the newbie island, get on, fly north for an hour, and then turn on all the graphics, you will be suprised.
  • TekLordTekLord Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by lsutig

Originally posted by suzail

people just dont like reading BS.

ROFL! You just made your own point.
  • OudoksujaOudoksuja Member Posts: 106

I am sick of seeing everyone complain about how bad this game is because they crash every 10 seconds

Dont know about you, but for me crashing every 10 seconds does indeed slightly hinder my gaming experience.

So this game can look good, and run well.

What game was this about again?

There is so much to do in this game already. Don't like fighting hour after hour? Hop on your dragon and fly around. Flying a dragon not for you? So you can hop into a hang glider and fly around, or go parachuting. Snowboard? Sure, just fly to a snow covered mountain and away you go.

Most flight simulators do this a whole lot better. And without crashing every 10 seconds. Do I want to pay for flying around with a dragon when there's nothing else in there? Hm.

Originally posted by Oudoksuja
    Dont know about you, but for me crashing every 10 seconds does indeed slightly hinder my gaming experience.

Don't know about you, but for me, I could play the game all day and not crash.  Just need to get away from the crowd.

What game was this about again?

Same game your playing, with everything turned on high, the game looks good.  Animations need some touch ups, but the world looks great.

Most flight simulators do this a whole lot better. And without crashing every 10 seconds. Do I want to pay for flying around with a dragon when there's nothing else in there? Hm

Funny, seems like there is plenty to do, I have no problem finding crowds of monsters if I wanted to fight, I have found plenty of fortresses if I wanted to pvp, there have been a few quests thrown in now I believe, and there is a massive world to explore, who knows what is out there. It seems like the big crowd of people that still play the game are enjoying it.  I guess are just taking your anger out because you have bad luck playing it.  How do you know there is nothing else in there if you crash every 10 seconds?

It also would appear that as more and more forts are built in this world, more monsters will spawn.  Someone told me that when you place a fort, you have the option of spawning wild life around it, so that means as the world develops, more monsters spawn, easier leveling, more forts, it is an endless cycle.
  • darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

It also would appear that as more and more forts are built in this world, more monsters will spawn.  Someone told me that when you place a fort, you have the option of spawning wild life around it, so that means as the world develops, more monsters spawn, easier leveling, more forts, it is an endless cycle.

While this sounds nice, doesn't it bother you that the devs didn't communicate this info at all? Someone just found it out for themselves, as with pretty much everything in this game. The devs, amidst all the problems and confusion, tell the playerbase nothing on how to interact with the features of the game (when the game runs that is).

Originally posted by darquenblade

While this sounds nice, doesn't it bother you that the devs didn't communicate this info at all? Someone just found it out for themselves, as with pretty much everything in this game. The devs, amidst all the problems and confusion, tell the playerbase nothing on how to interact with the features of the game (when the game runs that is).

Nope, doesn't bother me at all.  I understand how small a team they have, and as long as I see results, I don't worry about them not telling me things.  The servers have become much more stable since release, so I know they are doing work on it.  I would also rather play the game and find all these things out myself.  I don't like when everything is fed to me.  Which is why I am glad they didn't give you a fully developed map either, now I get to explore it all myself. Granted, they need atleast an explaination on a few of the features to get you started, like the /bind and /gate, I was afraid to use it because I didn't know if there was a certain amount of usage to them or not.  /bind seems to only work when you target the ground, I lost valuable time having found this out.  Things like the fort spawning monsters was a nice suprise to find though, so I am glad they didn't spoil that. 
  • KilimKilim Member Posts: 546

Don't know about you, but for me, I could play the game all day and not crash. Just need to get away from the crowd.
    Same game your playing, with everything turned on high, the game looks good. Animations need some touch ups, but the world looks great.Funny, seems like there is plenty to do, I have no problem finding crowds of monsters if I wanted to fight, I have found plenty of fortresses if I wanted to pvp, there have been a few quests thrown in now I believe, and there is a massive world to explore, who knows what is out there. It seems like the big crowd of people that still play the game are enjoying it. I guess are just taking your anger out because you have bad luck playing it. How do you know there is nothing else in there if you crash every 10 seconds?

Seriously, what game are you playing?!?!
    I have already provided proof a day ago on how 'Stable' the server has been.
    Even if you are one of the 'Lucky' ones able to stay in the server when you login ... as you can notice on my proof below that the server has been down more than up 99% of the time!

This is from the DNL-Help IRC OP that has posted how 'Stable' the Server has been, this log is from Yesterday alone!

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showpost.php?p=785719&postcount=17

this is taken from my #dnl-help logs for today. we keep a close tab on server status in the channels topic cause half the questions are about that.

(02:03:47) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:DOWN
    (02:20:44) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (04:13:14) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:REBOOTING

[i finally got some sleep :P]

(12:38:51) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (13:31:37) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (13:33:24) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP
    (14:05:08) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (14:25:34) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (14:50:41) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (15:12:34) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (15:37:53) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:DOWN
    (16:04:10) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (16:26:36) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (16:30:23) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (16:32:22) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:DOWN
    (16:55:02) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (17:29:05) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (17:50:01) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (18:06:31) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:DOWN
    (20:05:36) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP
    (20:07:09) Patch: UP|Login:MAXCONN|Game:UP
    (20:29:07) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP
    (20:36:12) Patch: UP|Login:MAXCON|Game:UP
    (21:30:35) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP
    (22:04:13) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN
    (22:06:45) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN - (reboot started 09pm GMT)
    (22:27:02) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP - (last reboot started 09pm GMT)
    (22:42:17) Patch: UP|Login:MaxC|Game:UP - (last reboot started 09pm GMT)
    (22:49:22) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP - (last reboot started 09pm GMT)
    (22:54:27) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN/MaxC|Game:UP - (last reboot 09pm GMT)
    (23:06:55) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP - (last reboot 09pm GMT)
    (23:21:56) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN - (last reboot 10:15pm GMT)
    (23:48:05) Patch: UP|Login:UP|Game:UP - (last reboot 10:15pm GMT)
    (00:08:50) Patch: UP|Login:MaxC|Game:UP - (last reboot 10:15pm GMT)
    (00:33:01) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP - (last reboot 10:15pm GMT)
    (01:20:50) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:REBOOTING - (reboot 00:20am GMT)
    (01:41:24) Patch: UP|Login:UP?|Game:UP - (last reboot 00:20am GMT)
    (01:46:13) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:UP - (last reboot 00:20am GMT)
    (01:57:58) Patch: UP|Login:DOWN|Game:DOWN - (last reboot 00:20am GMT)

Stop deluding yourself and others!
    I used to have alot of faith for this game and it just went downhill with this Flight Sim they call SoG.
    I call it that due to the fact that what most people think is awesome and revolutionary about this game are the "Flight and Exploration".

I have tested this games capabilities from top to bottom
    From BOTH Combat and Exploration.

Yes, I can see that this game has possibilities to be good.
    No, I do not see this happening by April '06, 4 monthsd from now that the Devs promised yet another release date (All previous ones delayed just like the Launch of SOG as well!)
    Yes, I have played various MMORPG for the pass few years in BOTH Beta, Alpha and Release states.
    No, I do not think they have a 'Super Secret Version" that is better quality than SoG at this time to be released.

SoG = D&L!!!!
    The sooner you Fanbois realize that the better.

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

I gave gameplay a 10, because I have been looking for a game where you can do other things besides fight the whole day.

And you stated that your review was totally unbiased? Seems rather subjective to your easy to please will.

Theres a definition of character I like to place upon you, idiot.

Based on what you've written in this thread seeing how truly you say it you must be one.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• BobbeyBobbey Member Posts: 10

Respect, walk!

I'm sick of whiners, give your SoG account to me and go straight back to WoW

• gervaisegervaise Member Posts: 6

Well ganstabra you will have to call me a liar as well because - guess what - with all setting on high, in 1920x1200 resolution, 60Hz, I have had 25fps. Never had single figures either - even in areas with dozens of mobs.

No my laptop does not have the latest desktop graphics card in it - you will of course know that that is an vVida 7800 512 released in November this year (not the 7800 released in June as the November card is 50% faster than that one). It does however have a Pentium M processor which has been shown in tests to be faster than many Pentium4 3+ GHz chips out there. It also has an 6800 Ultra Go graphics card which is faster than a 6800 Ultra. But of course you would of course know all this.

WoW is indeed a great game but WoW open beta was not WoW commercial release. SoG is not DnL the commercial release. You clearly are not interested in why this game has massive potential. The little issues like no LoS problems, darkness, collision detection, a real sword and sorcery feel to it.

I did not sign up on day 1 to be a Pioneer. The site did crash as mentioned. On day 2 though I tried and when I got through decided tosubscribe. Glad I did as well as the free accounts went in 1 min 20secs - yes they fixed the sign up problems. Nice to see a company learning from its mistake. Yes I would sign up again. Yes I am having a blast. No it is not perfect. 

If beta games are not for you go away and check in after Christmas or whenever. Things improved everyday this week.

• bl1ndbl1nd Member Posts: 102

I am sick of seeing everyone complain about how bad this game is because they crash every 10 seconds, I have been able to play this game consistantly for 1-2 hours at a time untill the reboot the server. So, I will review it with everything I like and don't like.

Graphics 8/10
    Thats right, when you leave the island, and get on to the mainlands, you can turn everything on high, and the game looks incredible. No lag, no problems crashing. I played for 2 hours just exploring the mainlands with everything maxed, and had 25fps the whole time. On a Laptop. Not a gaming computer. So this game can look good, and run well.
    Gameplay 10/10
    There is so much to do in this game already. Don't like fighting hour after hour? Hop on your dragon and fly around. Flying a dragon not for you? So you can hop into a hang glider and fly around, or go parachuting. Snowboard? Sure, just fly to a snow covered mountain and away you go. Combine them all into one, or do them seperatly, its all up to you. Once they tune the fighting system, and the crafting gets set, this game will be awesome. I will agree, the fighting is bad right now, glitchy, and buggy. Too many exploits, PvP needs some work too. Being able to see your enemy 400 meters below you and able to target them and see their level isn't very fair. They need to disable seeing enemies on radar, atleast make it so you have to physically see them before they show up on radar. Swimming sucks, if you get stuck in the ocean, you are screwed. /gate and /bind will be your best friends. Don't want to run somewhere more than once? /bind for easy travel.
    Sound 5/10
    The inital music sounds good, and even some of the effects sound good. That wears off in 2-3 hours though. I use ventrillo with my guild though, so I turned all the sound off anyway. This isn't going to have the same type of music as LotR, or Final Fantasy, so don't expect it to be great. It is a decent soundtrack while it lasts though.
    Server issues. 4/10 (With new issues, comes a new rating. First time I haven't been able to log in)
    Thats right, I have had no probelms minus the first two days. I have been able to log in whenever I want, and I am not a pioneer. I stay in the game, only time I get kicked out is when they reboot the server, or my interent goes out on me. Which is what I get for using wireless internet.
    Combat 3/10
    This is the games main flaw, as it is horrid, buggy, and full of exploits. Needs to be fixed asap.
    Community 3/10
    So far, the community is so pissed off at the crashes, and such that it hasn't had time to develop an economy. Quests are few and almost unexistent. NPCs, I have only found 3 merchants. So that still needs time. The so called daily GM events haven't happened, atleast when I play. So many newbies running around helplessly, makes me wish I could kill my own realm sometimes. Another benefit to being on the mainlands, don't have to worry about helpless noobs.
    Overall 7/10
    Once you get over the inital launch of this game, and get into the main focus, this is a really good game. Get away from the beginner island, and everything begins to fall into place. You don't have 2000 noobs trying to ks every mob you fight, and the game runs just fine. The sound needs some better effects for fighting, the swimming needs either boats, mounts, or speeding up. The quest system needs to be added in, and the game still has some balance issues. As expected though, this game has huge potential, and is already a blast to play. If you can overlook the parts that have to do with the game just being released, you will be in for a treat. The unique modes of travel in this game are more than enough to keep one entertained for a few hours, get together with your guild, and have snowboarding races, or skydive together and see who can freefall into a small lake without missing. You just have to get creative in this game. It is, as they said before release, a barren wasteland, so it isn't exactly the most populated world yet. That is why we are playing it. Give it a few more weeks, quests and npcs will be added, an economy will develop, and RvR will take off full force once everyone gets into the world, and off the damn Island.

This is an unbiased review of the game. I covered the good and bad parts that I noticed. I have no affiliation with these companies, and do I care what anyone else thinks about the game. I love it, and will keep playing it. Have a good day.

Right unbiased....

u really gotta find the definition of that word

Gameplay 10/10 stop smoking weed after making reviews

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

Stop bullying Isobar please...and get a life.

That's how he sees the game...why would he make this stuff up? What's up with you guys calling him an employee and such..just because he likes the game? Wow, you guys are buttholes.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

To hell with people not respecting opinions.

When it comes to the ACTUAL gameplay of this game I must say, I loved the game. I see great possibilities, having a huge world is not bad imo, only leaves room to more possibilities.

I am not concearned at all that I will not like the game. Im really looking forward to april!

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• PureDamagePureDamage Member Posts: 13
    I was sitting here trying to put together a post, but I truely can't picture the words to express how bad this game is starting out.  I....just really don't know what to say.  I have played actually a bit lvl 11 wizzy myself, but still....so many errors and delays, and no lack of communication.  I think i'm going to have to go look at E-Bay for a lil while :)