Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My opinion

bobmonkey5bobmonkey5 Member Posts: 22

this weekend I played a little game called Guild Wars

this weekend I wasted 2 hours of my life

this weekend I tried to kill myself

all because of...Guild Wars

Let me tell you about this Piece of sh*t game! It is the worst game ever to grace the shelves of EBgames, Toys R' US and other stores that sell gaming items. I had more fun with frigen Runescape for godsakes!

The good:

-well graphics...BUT GRAPHICS DONT MAKE THE GAME ARENA NET!

-and...

-and...

-well that's it

Bad:

-EVERYTHING but to make things a little clearer

-horrid gameplay

-can't jump off ledges

-can't be in the same level as other people

-They let you start at lvl 20!

-Level 20 cap! Cmon WTF I payed $50 for this POS I want to get to lvl 60 atleast like in WoW(another sh*tty game)

i'd name more but I'd probably use up all of this sites Bandwith lol

look, don't buy this. Just play RS for free or get a membership to it.

-Peace out homies.

Comments

• chs5138chs5138 Member Posts: 67

There are better games out there but it isn't THAT bad.

-lvl 20 cap, why is this a bad thing? People such as myself don't pay to level for months on end.

- Yes you can start at lvl 20 but you won't be great. You only have access to certain skills and armor

-not being able to jump off ledges sucks, but it does keep you from being able to take the easy route

my oppinion on the game

good:

PvP is fast paced and fun

Quests are not overly tedious

Graphics

not something you have to play 40 hours a week to be competitive

no monthly fee

virtually no level grind

Bad:

finding all your professions skills can be annoying

lack of variety in what your character can be (not enough race/classes)

No open pvp, and arenas are always matchups with an even number of teams

All in all I thought it was a good game well worth $50, considering you don't pay a monthly fee. Casual gamers can be very competitive by only logging a few hours a week. It's a fun game if you have friends to play with (I quit after about a month because my guild was wrapped up in another game). It's a game you can play in your spare time or when you just need something different from your other MMO...not really a game for a hardcore gamer looking for just 1 game to dominate in though

• GrimSkunk2GrimSkunk2 Member Posts: 451

Originally posted by bobmonkey5
    Let me tell you about this Piece of sh*t game! It is the worst game ever to grace the shelves of EBgames, Toys R' US and other stores that sell gaming items. I had more fun with frigen Runescape for godsakes!
    The good:
    -and...
    -and...
    -well that's it
    Bad:
    -horrid gameplay
    -can't jump off ledges
    -Level 20 cap! Cmon WTF I payed $50 for this POS I want to get to lvl 60 atleast like in WoW(another sh*tty game)
    -Peace out homies.

If a video game caused that much grief to you, perhaps you should think about finding a new pass time.

I would agree that there are a lot of things in GW that could be improved upon (it is not my favorite game either), but there are a lot of things in GW that are good.

To start with: you complain about the level (lvl 20 cap). I see no difference in a cap at 20 vs. 60. For me, it is the journey to the final level that is fun. I do not care how high I can go. There could have been a cap of 100, but if all I do is kill 1 monster, gain 1 level for each kill, and have nothing else to do, what difference would it make if I capped at 100? None.

The invisible walls suck, I agree. I hope they fix those.

You can't be in the same level as other people? I've seen all kinds of people at the same level as each other: everyone must start at level 1 and must end at level 20. You share the same level as everyone else in the game, just like evey other level based game. That arguement just simply makes no sense. Were you expecting that when you were level 1, there would be no other player at level one? If you are complaining about instancing, say so. I, too, have a problem with instancing, but not enough to 'kill myself' because of it.

They let you start at level 20 for PVP so those who do not have a lot of time can enjoy the pvp system as well. I find no problems with this.

Look at the post above me, I'd agree that there are positive points to the game as well as negative. It is all in how you look at it. The game is worth a try, provided you like diablo and other network-based games.

-W.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

2 hours ???

get a life man , how long did you take to post that s*** !

im not even going to tell you to play wow . wow comunity deserves better.

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

Complaining about a level cap is just stupid. In almost every MMORPG you will eventually hit the level cap. If you're so keen on just a number, find a MMORPG that allows you to get up to level 1,000. Each new level won't mean much, but at least you'll like the number of your level.

• bobmonkey5bobmonkey5 Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by neoteo

2 hours ???

How long did it take YOU to post THAT POST...Exactly probably a few seconds. That just proves my point. GW fans like their experiences fast. Now thank you I enjoyed your sh*tty a** post. Bye.

Peace out homies.

• Originally posted by bobmonkey5

The good:
    -and...
    -and...
    -well that's it

Bad:
    -horrid gameplay
    -can't jump off ledges
    -Peace out homies.

what the f(tuuuut) is your problem man
    i'm absolutly sure guild wars is more than just graphics with on a bad game

- "horrid gameplay" is not really explaining anything, so what exactly don't you like about the gameplay?

- "cant jump" jump would be in it if you would need it but since you don't need it you cant jump
    you played to mutch wow i guess,  wow let your character jump & that is imediatly visible if you enter a city you always find some dopeheads jumping around all the way trough the city just killing time.
    i'd rather enter this what you call "horrid gameplay in guildwars" than some jump fest in wow

- "cant be in the same level as other people" if you want to there is something called parties, create one with those people you want to play with & then you'll be in the same level
    but of course you are targetting the whole "instance" thingy about guildwars, well let me say you this:
    what do you rather do?  play a free game which let you party up with friends & give you lots of instances, or pay 15€ a month letting you play in a full world where every other player comes stealing your mobs, picking up your drops, playerkilling you (if on a pvp server), ...
    my choise is easy, if you rather have the second option, go play something else & end your guildwars session in style, & not by shitting it all over the place!

- "it let you start at lvl 20" well you probably made the wrong choice in the beginning :) should have created a lvl 0 then instead of those pvp characters which are for pvp & not the thing you want to do when you first started this game.

- "lvl cap of 20" so? does a game need lvl 999? i start guildwars for the fun, for the battles, for the friends, ... not just to gain 1 more number on my lvl count.
    if you are one of those lvl freaks that just plays to show of with his "high" level then just go play something else cus guild wars is a fun game NOT based on levels.

maybe you are right, just go play that runescape, i'd rather not run into you in guildwars
    spoiling all my fun.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

2 hours ???

How long did it take YOU to post THAT POST...Exactly probably a few seconds. That just proves my point. GW fans like their experiences fast. Now thank you I enjoyed your sh*tty a** post. Bye.

Peace out homies.

i bet , you never played the game , or , didnt get out of pre searing ... ( lol )

• Gregor847Gregor847 Member Posts: 1
    When noone else is there in the world i really feel empty while playing. Only way is to form a party but i really like when i meet someone at the open, thats the way to make friends in MMORPGs. :p  He is just angry because he gave 50$ for the game :)

2 hours ???

Peace out homies.

i bet , you never played the game , or , didnt get out of pre searing ... ( lol )

No I accually did get past pre-searing...( lol )<lol I'm cool image

Post searing is still the same thing as pre-searing...long long level grinds...o wait no lol it's not long cause it only takes a weekend and a couple of trips to the bathroom to get to lvl 20! LVL MOTHERF*CKIN' 20!!! Bye.

-Peace out homies.

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

Are you all not annoyed by all the whining and complaining about the GW ?!

I mean dude , everyone - EVERYONE knew all this things you are complaining about BEFORE they purchased GW!!!!!

Next damn time try to read game rewiew before buying the GAME ! And dont whine over your lack of knowledge.

Yes GW is all things you stated.
    But there is good 100 hours game time in it - Which is 60 hours more than let say Fable , 40 hours more than Dungeon Siege 2 or whopping 80 more hours than KOTOR . And this is not counting replayability.
    What GW is not - it is MMORPG , it is just an ordinary online RPG.

To bad that some other Oline RPG´s would ask you for monthly fee for same instanced stuff...

Namely DDO

All in all GW is surely not the best game of 2005 . But it is surely best value game of 2005

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

If you don't like a lvl 20 cap, or the fact that there isn't a huge level grind then why did you buy it in the first place? It never ceases to amaze me how many times buy a game that if they would have read anything about it, they would know the game wasn't for them.

When I bought GW I knew exactly what I was buying.

A $50 game with no monthly fee.

A game with a small level cap, and has a focus on GvG battles.

I knew all of this before the game was even released by just reading like 2 articles.

Originally posted by chs5138

If you don't like a lvl 20 cap, or the fact that there isn't a huge level grind then why did you buy it in the first place? It never ceases to amaze me how many times buy a game that if they would have read anything about it, they would know the game wasn't for them.
    I knew all of this before the game was even released by just reading like 2 articles.

No, no, no that was the problem I didn't know what I was buyin'. It got good BS reviews.

• even the good BS reviews tell you that you get only to play till lvl 20
    surely any review of the game tells you the lvl cap is 20, & the playable areas outside of town are instances which mean you cant run in to players other than your party fellows during that session in that instance ...
    & all the other things you mentioned must be inside that review as well
    otherwise its no review (if it does not write down the features of the game)
  • BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Ya if you willing to spend 40-50 bucks on a game you no nothing about, I'd be willing to emtpy a large part of my collection off on you.

I'm so very tired of people spending money on stuff they know nothing about. Then coming here and complaining about wasting their money / time. If your too lazy to research a game you may be interested in for an hour you should just grab a quarter a flip it to make all of your game purchase decisions. At least that way you'll be able to blame the coin instead of yourself.

It's your own fault. Next time before you buy a game look at more then just at the rating number next to it. Read at least two full offical reviews and as many player reviews as you can find. Also, read every unoffical FAQ you can find. Within an hour you should know the good and the bad about the game and the general flow of how it plays.

If you knew the game had a cap of 20 before you bought it then you can not complain after the fact. If you didn't know the game had a cap of 20 before you bought it then you are a degenerate gamer; which the producers love, because they can sell you a pile of crap and say it taste like chicken and you'll believe them and hand them your money.

I think 80% of the post that complain about GWs come from people that bought it without knowing what it was. Aside from that you get a post once in awhile saying, "I played for 3months but an now board."

Ah, but since you did label this post "my opinion" your higher up in my book that half of the other people around that think there word is god. So ::::28:: for that at least ;)

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807
    ok i must be the only one around here that sees NO problem with the game. But as for the retard that complains and wont shutup plz try cuz 1: no one cares 2: more ppl play it than complain about it 3: To think that u are so good cuz u got to lvl 20 isnt really impressive. a 4 year old could have accomplished the same task in the same amount of time. I pre-ordered the game knowing full well what it was about and i didnt care cuz i wanted to play it for the fun and not the competition. im proud to have spent my money on it.
  • BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117
    OMG!!!...how long has it been since we've had one of these?! Been a while...o well atleast they caled it thier opinion instead of a "review".
  • :PackMan::PackMan: Member Posts: 26

2 hours ???

AGREED!

Noob you born to play barbye games!::::28::::::35::::::27::
    You dont understand the game...
    go to www.ign.com or the www.mmorpg.com and see the rating, n00b!

Originally posted by chs5138

No, no, no that was the problem I didn't know what I was buyin'. It got good BS reviews.

maybe you were reading the wrong reviews. Before I bought the game  I knew

1.) lvl 20 cap, with the ability to start off at lvl 20

2.) Some kind of system where you do your own quests, so that some random group doesn't come in and steal it

3.) 1 playable race and 6 classes

4.) The game would focus around PvP in arenas

I didn't really read what IGN or whoever gave the game. I read the Q&A's to learn about these 4 things and decided it was worth paying $50 for since there was no monthly fee....if there was a monthly fee tied in with this game then yes it would suck, but since there isn't it is a pretty good buy. Not a great game, but not bad either. Not for everyone though, obviously.

• AydrianAydrian Member Posts: 52

bob, your review is the product of a stupid little boy who bought a game without reading up on it, and then coming in here and spreading your bs around like wallpaper just because you didn't have the intellectual capacity to read. Really, if reading the Q&A was so hard for you, then maybe it's better you're not playing, the game wouldn't feel right if I knew a stupid little kid like you was spoiling it with nonsense.

And you're lying about reading reviews. Why? It doesn't matter if the game got good or bad reviews, IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM THEY EXPLAINED THE FULL MECHANICS OF THE GAME, IF YOU HAD READ ONE SINGLE REVIEW YOU ABSOLUTELY KNEW WHAT YOU WERE GETTING YOURSELF INTO.

Here is what I bet happened:

Bob: I need a new game to play. ~you go to the store and see guild wars~ OMG NO MONTHLY FEES, I'M GOING TO BUY IT RIGHT AWAY! THUS ABANDONING ALL COMMON SENSE AND LOGIC AND JUST TRUSTING THE PRETTY PICTURES ON THE BOX!

So far, every time you've insulted someone in here for saying you're an idiot, it sounds like you're a little boy who's cranky because he couldn't go around and kill noobs who are twenty levels below him.

God, people like you are the sad side of gamers. Go the hell away, the big kids are talking.

Originally posted by Aydrian

This was a better with CaptainRPG's logic "I'm right, you're wrong, deal with it" attitude. Instead I have a brat who's pathetically trying to insult me. What a waste.
    Oh, and just in case you didn't notice, YOU came in HERE crying, we didn't cry to you. You're just too damn stupid to realize you're the one with the issues.
    I'll continue to defend how great this game is as long as I feel it deserves it, and it definitely still does.

Umm...no I accually came in here stating my opinion and why this game sucked ass. YOU GUYS came in here whining that I was wrong etc. etc. etc....

• AydrianAydrian Member Posts: 52

We are insulting you because you went into this game with little to no knowledge of how the game is played and suddenly it's the GAMES fault? It got MMORPG of the year, so obviously it's good enough to get the reward especially with WoW being out, so obviously the game itself doesn't suck.

Yes you gave your opinion, but you also set yourself up for a very harsh fall and have done nothing but blame the game for your own blatant stupidity. And you're missing the meaning of "Opinion" you stated this game sucks. That's fine, but when it comes down to it, it's all about opinion, others think it is one of the best games they've ever played, so are you saying they're wrong?

Stating that a game sucks is pretty much saying that everyone else who likes it is wrong. State your opinion, and state your reason for disliking the game, but never say the game itself sucks. Because there are over a million people who believe you're full of shit.

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

You listed 4 'reasons' why you didn't like the game:

1. horrid gameplay

2. can't jump off ledges

3. can't be in the same level as other people

4. Level 20 cap!

Let me explain why your 'reasons' have absolutely no logic behind them:

1. 'Horrid gameplay' is not a reason. It's like me saying "This game sucks" and saying that's a reason why the game sucks.

2. I fail to see how this makes the game bad.

3. This was how Guild Wars was designed. Complaining about this is like me going out and buying a FPS game but I expected a RTS instead.

4. Once again I must say, if you're so keen on a high number, find a MMORPG where you can level to 1,000. Looking at Guild War's gameplay, level 20 is a good level cap to have.

Your basic argument is that Guild Wars isn't like some other game you've played. You fail to see how the game elements all work together in one specific game and instead attribute it to all games. For example, a RTS game might be designed around effective use of several units instead of building a bunch of them and attacking, and your complaint in that case would be that it's a RTS game that doesn't have unit building, so therefore it must suck. Thus, your argument is invalid.

Oh, and feel free to call people fanboys just because you don't agree with them. Feel free to call me a fanboy also, considering that I don't play the game anymore and I have my own reservations about the game. It'll just be another example of how you fail to realize why you are wrong. Of course if you think you're correct, you'll believe everyone else is wrong, even if they happen to be 100% correct.

• knightknifeknightknife Member Posts: 384

Dang another WoW fanboy on the move. PAy no attention to them. They get mad because they realize wow isnt the biggest thing in the world and that it really sucks to have a lvl 60......

Wow Fanboy: die noob I am lvl 60 and it took me 100000+ hours to get like this so im OWN THIS GAME

SOme Dude: stfub WoW is for children

WOWBOY: hmh...

The only thing worse than a Runescape Fanboy is a WoWboy.

(btw i used to play wow until i didnt feel like paying 15 dollars a month GW=Free -dont get me wrong wow isnt a bad game but fanboys beware-)

New Name For World of Warcraft Fanboys: Wowbos

I don't really care that he doesn't like the game, though a little more depth as to why you don't like it would have been nice :).

Personally I'm not a huge fan of it, but for the $50 price tag and no monthly fee after that it's not too bad. It is a nice relaxing game that I don't have to spend 30 hours a week playing which is nice. It's not something I would play as my main MMO though

• ps_manps_man Member Posts: 107
    This boy is a runescape noob! iv meet people like this in the past trying to convince every one that the big and populer game e.g guild wars and wow are bad! and nooby games like runescape are good! I find both wow and guild wars very good games! i do not find them boaring at all ! ok to runescape....where do i begin not saying graphics are every thing but these graphics are next to nothing i have a level 82 charecter on runescape but francly i dont care! i have tryd over 30 mmorpgs ! And i am saying guild wars and world of warcraft are about the best out their and they have earned their ranks! they will be games that will be rememberd for a long time to come! runescape will never get an award only for shaitness ! now i think that every one here opinion has more logic and sences than yours! so chav do you mind by stop telling every one your righte when your not and get lost!
This discussion has been closed.