Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Book of Oloh

bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

from the pov of someone testing Saga of Heroes, alpha, beta 1 & 2
link
lotsa info for those interested in what Vanguard is up to in their (?) summer 2006 released rpg.

weekly updated faq

Comments

• dunaduriumdunadurium Member Posts: 257

Wow that is tasty, thanks a lot for that infoz, i just searched through SV a few days ago and didn't find any of that except the combat write up.

Ive been following Vanguard since before it was even named and through these few years i have become convinced that vanguard will be an extremely successfully mmorpg and it definitely will rise to number one. Oloh's write ups have just solidified that.

PS: yes and Brad is the mmo messiah, without him mmo's would have continued down the road they were on and died out after a while(at least true mo's). seriously though, half the games on mmorpg.com aren't even real mmo's (D&D online, guild wars, age of conan etc. etc.) all the new "mmo's" being developed are just rpgs with multiplayer, so heavily instanced that they cant possibly call themselves mmorpgs. the difference being that for traditional rpgs you dont pay a monthly fee (ie guild wars)

so all those people that are saying that Vanguard looks just like any other mmo, you need to read up on it or just join the bandwagon when its released and people realize its greatness, because it will be the next everquest. and to all those kiddies that think EQ "sucked" we all know that you never even played it.

PPS: WOW is just like any other mmo so if you think its that special just because its the first MMO you have played then think again cus it just directly copied eq, daoc, and all the great MMO's before it, and theres nothing innovative about it. so if you call vanguard a "clone" but you think WOW is good then you are the biggest hypocrite in the world. WOW is successful because it is a highly highly recognizable franchise. 

uhhhmm.. im sorry about that rant but i've seen so many little kiddies that think they know what they are talking about because they play WOW  "the best game ever" so much and they are so L337 because they are level 15 and they have played Guild Wars, and they know how much EQ sucked because it was such a grind and a boring game....cus thats what every other little kid at their school says so how can it not be true. What they dont realize though is the EQ invented the whole concept of a 3D MMO and they didnt have anything to base their game on except MUDs and they still made something that was so revolutionary to gaming. now if you use common sense and deduct that thats the kind of game they made without the MMO genre even existing than what kind of game can they make after all the experience they have. Well Vanguard is the answer and it will be another revolutionary game i can guarantee you that.

and no im not a fanboi i have played almost all the commercial MMO's since EQ including WOW just to see what it was like and so i could form my OWN opinion on it. i have followed the development of many MMO's because i fell in love with the genre when i first played EQ. I have seen the good the bad and the ugly. When i first heard of Sigil and their new game i was skeptical and cautious, i have stayed extremely up to date on Vanguard and so i can tell you that i have only formed this opinion on the game after reading a LOT of information on it and seeing proof of many of their design concepts becoming reality.   

ok now im really done my rant, thanks.

Dunadurium

"Silly rabbit, WoW's for kids"

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

another site with daily updates, even indexable by specific devs' postings.

... looking forward to RETAIL within three months, now!!! had hoped for 16 March 2006 in memory of EQ1 (retailed 16 Mar 1999) but being only in beta2 atm, not likely Sigil will rush the long term (?2 monthish) beta3 and open beta4 (1 or 2 weeks) in that 4 week away deadline, so, likely retail by mid May 2006, just in time for spring/summer.

• HatsAndCatsHatsAndCats Member Posts: 74
    Ohhh... thats sweet! image
  • IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638

Originally posted by bhug
    another site with daily updates, even indexable by specific devs' postings.... looking forward to RETAIL within three months, now!!! had hoped for 16 March 2006 in memory of EQ1 (retailed 16 Mar 1999) but being only in beta2 atm, not likely Sigil will rush the long term (?2 monthish) beta3 and open beta4 (1 or 2 weeks) in that 4 week away deadline, so, likely retail by mid May 2006, just in time for spring/summer.

Vanguard watch isn't working correctly, for some reason it is missing many posts from devs.

Check out http://www.silkyvenom.com/?page=devtracker