Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some of Meridian's Musings I want to share

ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Some small quotes from TBH's old Temple lore:

All gathered from The Burning Horde's old Temple Lore forum HERE.

Meridian on the Temple - June 15th, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The starving scavengers notion is not that far off...

If you notice at the end of the Confessor story, he's well aware that his prisoner will respawn after they burn him. That's fine - the Templars will be waiting there to scoop him up, and we just get to ride the ride again.

The Temple wants to get all the weak and evil beings to stop their wickedness and sin, and to admit their errors and inferiority. I admit, its not a realistic goal, but they do enjoy their work...

Also, the way I figure it, the Temple is operating under the assumption that "if we kill them enough times, the All-Father will notice and return." How much is enough? Well, we obviously haven't hit that point yet.

Nothing to do but kill them all again.

Aren't self-perpetuating fanatical ideologies fun?

Griefers? I like to think of them as Marauders. And as somebody pointed out earlier, random PKing after dark was a big problem on the streets of Rome, even at the height of the Empire.

66 years after the turning:

Meridian on the formation of the Temple - April 23rd, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where was Malorn for those 66 years? Well, you will recall that for the overwhelming majority of those years (more than fifty of them) Malorn was trapped on Kierhaven's fragment, because Runegate travel had yet to be
discovered.

He spent about ten of those years having the Book of Swords dictated to him by an Archon. The rest of the time he spent getting the word out.

The Articles were written after the first Reunited Synod, when Archbishops of all fragments were finally able to convene with the Patriarch for the first time since the Turning. A Bishop who had "seen the Fire" brought Malorn with him, and the Just One "pitched" his new slant on religion to the assembled clergy.

They found it lacking.

Malorn was declared a heretic, so he promptly went back to the city he'd founded, and there he drafted the Articles as the foundation of his new religion - think of them as a "Declaration of Schism."

Comments

• SentySenty Member Posts: 10

"random PKing after dark was a big problem on the streets of Rome, even at the height of the Empire"

image I love his dilusional mind; the real world, the game, it's all one world to him.

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Thats true about Rome. To bad you cant do any of that in these fake mmo's that are out now-a-days.

"Lets kill Thrall, young orcs, for the trolls has blinded him!" Ohh wait...

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Originally posted by Senty

"random PKing after dark was a big problem on the streets of Rome, even at the height of the Empire"
     I love his dilusional mind; the real world, the game, it's all one world to him.

Meridian is the best, but he is far from delusional.