Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would it be feasible to..?

JohnnyCJohnnyC Member Posts: 56

get like a population monitor for each game going.. or find out how many subscribers some of the larger MMORPG's have.. with all the upcomming releases and the current sheer amount of MMORPG's i think we're lacking community in alot

i'd just like to know if we cud get sum kinda info on how many users bigger MMORPG's have

could put it into some kind of graph format image

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Those figures are typically confidential and something the game companies are not willing to disclose.  You will see them posted in some forums, but they are usually rough estimates based on surveys and such...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

why would they be classified? i could see maybe for games with no one playing, but an exact number for some bigger games, eq, daoc, etc. would be kool.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Don't know what to tell you other than you will rarely see a site that will tell you their current subscription stats.  I have been told a few by company reps, but they always tell me that it is "confidential" information and not to publish it at the site.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362
    I actually have a theory on this.  It's about sales (god knows what isn't nowadys).  You see, if they most showed you the number of suscribers they have, then there's a possibility that if you see a decrease, you may not want to buy it because you'll think you won't be happy with it in the end.  Of course, why not do this for ones that seem to be climbing in suscribers?  Well, about the only logical thing I thought of that follows my theory is that even though it might be a good idea at the time, eventually they'll be losing customers and that will in turn go back to the previously stated happenings.  Therefor, they don't want to lose more customers by taking away something good they did.

..... of course, that's just my two cents...  I'm not certain at all, it's just my theory! 

-------------------------------------------
    The fox is back, and hungrier than ever. Stay away if you're not willing to lose a limb... or two...

And back by popular demand... TEH K1RBEE D4Nc3!!1!1!
    <('.'<) <(^.^)> <('.'<) (>'.')> <('.'<) (>'.')> <(^.^)> (>'.')> <('.'<)

(Hand drawn picture sig coming soon?)

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

• ThePatientThePatient Member Posts: 90
    Sounds like a good theory to me.

---------------------------------------------

This is killing us
    Fighting the truth a losing battle
    We believe in nothing
    Just hatred for each other

---------------------------------------------

Turn me on, dead man.
    S: 86% E: 60% A: 33% K: 20%

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    I know that SOE would never release this, but I would like to see how many players are still actually playing this game.  A while back they said they had over 300,000 subscribers and everyone I have talked to that has played this game has ended up hating it, so I would like to see figures saying how many people actually play this game.  Not number of subscriptions since a lot of people payed for 6 months or a whole year and have already stopped playing this game.  I bet it is a lot less than 300,000 now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
    Nathaniel Borenstein .