Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post AD IRC chat news here plz

2»

Comments

• mcm501mcm501 Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by eoweth
    Latest so far is that Laellya said to the French channel that the server wouldn't be up today, but never bothered to repeat it in any of the four other "supported" languages of DnL, nor an "official" language of SoG, English.As per usual, the DnL website remains void of even the littlest scraps of information. Think it's time we just go to bed and follow a different game in the morning.

when did she say this? I'm in the US so its still the 12th over here, but if she said it wouldn't be up today within the last 3 hours that would mean the 13th... which sucks.

i was able to get to level 9 and kinda liked it, but if this game loses its fanbase over the next 48 hours because their lack of communication then it aint worth it to play a game based on pvp that massive and have only a few hundred players at release time.

• FurrbawlFurrbawl Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by undiesusa

if your giving up let me have your account please.

If you see a post where someone is saying they are giving an account away, feel free to ask.

Also, if you look, you will see the thread name is Post AD IRC chat news here plz. Therefore your reply is off-topic for this thread.

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by undiesusa
    if your giving up let me have your account please.

Considering the SOG uses forum name/pass I doubt anyone would give you key. As if they put in their real personal info. You'd have access to it. Not to mention you could make unsavory post on the forums. (When they come back up) In that persons name and no one would be the wiser.

I know if (when?) the SOG servers come up, and I don't like. No one is getting my key.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• ZvorakZvorak Member Posts: 234

Latest so far is that Laellya said to the French channel that the server wouldn't be up today, but never bothered to repeat it in any of the four other "supported" languages of DnL, nor an "official" language of SoG, English.
    As per usual, the DnL website remains void of even the littlest scraps of information. Think it's time we just go to bed and follow a different game in the morning.

People, I keep telling you but your missing the point.

The French have an extremely laid back life style. Missing due dates or being timely is just a part of their culture. I'm not knocking the French, but with several dealing with them i have learned to deal with their whimsicle buisiness practices.

Don't think for one moment that they are in the "hot seat" or worried... To them it's something you do for an income... a Job.  Their real zeal or energy is debates and long lunches and extravagant dinners conversation... where quit frankly most of their work actually get done.  unfortuneatly, you cant fix a server cluster down at the corner Cafe'.

I was frustrated my first few days their trying to get them to pay attention and nail down some details... until we went for coffee.  About 3 hours later most the details were hashed out in between politics and their injected disdain for anything not french.

Short version: Their Slow and nothing seems to bother or worry these people. Deadlines are never adhered too.

-Zvorak

• EleuisisEleuisis Member Posts: 14

What's an AD?

By the way, Zvorak, that was cute. I just got an email from them though, and they said they're based in Quebec, so what does that do to your theory?

Maybe their servers are frozen? Literally? Brrrrrr.

• TorlinTorlin Member UncommonPosts: 59

Originally posted by Eleuisis

What's an AD?

AD stands for Alchemic Dream who are handling all the community moderator aspects of DNL during development (and maybe even after release not sure though).  I think it is great that they are on irc giving ppl the best info that they can.  Too bad that Farlan and NP3 are such jackasses about communicating with AD and therefore the community.
  • holycannoliholycannoli Member Posts: 236

• TorlinTorlin Member UncommonPosts: 59

By the way, Zvorak, that was cute. I just got an email from them though, and they said they're based in Quebec, so what does that do to your theory?

I am pretty sure that he will just say his statement extends to french-canadians as well (due to canada being colonized by the french).
  • holycannoliholycannoli Member Posts: 236

Originally posted by mcm501

Latest so far is that Laellya said to the French channel that the server wouldn't be up today, but never bothered to repeat it in any of the four other "supported" languages of DnL, nor an "official" language of SoG, English.

As per usual, the DnL website remains void of even the littlest scraps of information. Think it's time we just go to bed and follow a different game in the morning.

when did she say this? I'm in the US so its still the 12th over here, but if she said it wouldn't be up today within the last 3 hours that would mean the 13th... which sucks.

i was able to get to level 9 and kinda liked it, but if this game loses its fanbase over the next 48 hours because their lack of communication then it aint worth it to play a game based on pvp that massive and have only a few hundred players at release time.

Umm where in the US do you live? Because it's the 13th. You posted that at 10:18pm EST so even if you lived in California it's been the 13th for 19 hours.
  • KekuleKekule Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by mcm501

I'm pretty sure that because of the login problem they are going to wipe all the characters and start again. 

Kekule

• UriasUrias Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Kekule 

I'm pretty sure that because of the login problem they are going to wipe all the characters and start again. 

hehe dont say that we will have a lot of unhappy people on our hands image

i though would'nt care since im still level 1 image

• mcm501mcm501 Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by holycannoli
    Umm where in the US do you live? Because it's the 13th. You posted that at 10:18pm EST so even if you lived in California it's been the 13th for 19 hours.

ok that was a typo, I meant to say its the 13th, but in France right now its the 14th, and if she said this anytime past 1900 EST that would be past 0000 GMT meaning all of the 14th, aka tomorrow, the servers wont be up either.

However, after 20 seconds of self debate, I figure they're done for the night, stopped a while ago and will pick it up tomorrow morning and hopefully by 7pm EST December 14th, 2005, this will be fixed :/

Oh that's funny. Alchemic Dream's idea of help on IRC - if you ask for ETA on server, they automatically kick you to a different channel. LOL.

Hilarious, but doesn't look good for tonight. So, 11:19pm and I'm going to sleep.

Maybe tomorrow will be better...

By the way, here is a website to check server status:

http://www.emmgee.com/sog_ping.php

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by Urias

Originally posted by Kekule
    I'm pretty sure that because of the login problem they are going to wipe all the characters and start again. hehe dont say that we will have a lot of unhappy people on our hands image
    i though would'nt care since im still level 1 image

Don't think it's possible for them to piss everyone off anymore then they already are.

PS: Sadly, i'm starting to agree with the negative posters. The people behind DnL are incompetent beyond all stretches of the imagination. I'd say they are right up there with the crew over at Mourning right now.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• JornJorn Member Posts: 14

Hiya all

urmm - i dont get the times you are talking of...

Here (germany) it is 7.28 am now. (GMT+1)

So where are you all in "GMT"?

• Ulrick28Ulrick28 Member UncommonPosts: 73

GMT - 8 here...

I generally don't expect anything to happen outside of normal work hours for them.  The reason is because the French actually have laws against overtime and mandatory time off. 

• tavenshadowtavenshadow Member Posts: 11

Oh that's funny. Alchemic Dream's idea of help on IRC - if you ask for ETA on server, they automatically kick you to a different channel. LOL.
    Hilarious, but doesn't look good for tonight. So, 11:19pm and I'm going to sleep.
    Maybe tomorrow will be better...

Actually, AD isn't running/moderating the help channel -- It's all done by volunteers from the community. 

Secondly, it's clearly stated when you enter the chat room on the message of the day that servers are down with no ETA.  I've been in there for a bit, and that's all anyone was saying -- "Eta?".  It gets quite annoying when the answer is right there in front of you.

If you want to constantly be up to date (and you know your french, hehe) then head to the french IRC channel they have there.  I know quite a bit of french myself, and usually the AD team is more forthcoming in that channel, simply because the people there aren't whining and such (commonly found in all of the english speaking channels) image

• LegalLegal Member Posts: 5

enpough whining whats a few more days,...i agree with the french,...f-it,...the problem gets fixed when it gets fixed,...go take out the trash or something constructive instead of whining about problems none of us are in the position to fix

• LegalLegal Member Posts: 5
    I would have everyone on fixing the problem. I would not have a single person talking to an angry comunity wasteing time that could be spent isolating the problem. All you flamers simply have no idea what is involved in running or maintaining something like this.  
  • KraptorKraptor Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Torlin

I am pretty sure that he will just say his statement extends to french-canadians as well (due to canada being colonized by the french).

AD is located in Canada, the dev team is located in some island, Mauricius or somehting similar while the server is located in PAris France, lol.
  • KraptorKraptor Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Ulrick28

GMT - 8 here...
    I generally don't expect anything to happen outside of normal work hours for them.  The reason is because the French actually have laws against overtime and mandatory time off. 

Since this is a privately owned CO most likely they wont be that strict on the laws and ppl will have to work overtime, hopefully. Also when Ryzom was in beta and when their server crashed they did fix that no matter what time of the day was and they were French too...so Im guessing this incompentence is more likely on the dev site, they cant handle the situation, etc and not beacuse they have laws, etc about this and that, but rather that they have no solution for it:):)
  • PureDamagePureDamage Member Posts: 13

I heard they were using a crappy login server program or something.  my uncle said they need to throw down some bucks and get Oracle instead of the crappy one they got.